Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Pearson

I think he is better looking than Sousa, but less so than Micky Adams. He's therefore the second best manager we've had since MON so I hope he stays

I think he is doing a better job than Micky Adams because, unlike with Adams, we have a young team which can only get better. A better comparison is with O'Neill who bought unknowns and turned them into Premier League regulars.

By the way, I don't think he would go to Newcastle. If I remember rightly there is some animosity between Pearson and Newcastle over the way they treated a manager there while he was a coach. Could be wrong though.

Never wanted him to leave last time around and was chuffed when he came back, can't see him leaving here whilst he is focused on not only getting us up but in building a team that can stay up.

I think he is a far better manager than Adams.

Don't think Pearson could surpass Adams until we actually got promoted tbh. Adams went the whole way and finished 2nd, having been in the top 2 almost all season, on a shoestring budget. We are 3rd in January.

Adams also had a squad that included the likes of Elliott, Taggart and Izzet. Not demeaning what he achieved at all but I think Pearson has already achieved more, if only for the way he turned us from freefall to on the rise again when we got relegated to League One.

Another reason why modern football is shit....... :(

Lose a few games and it's 'Pearson out', win 4 on the bounce and 'he's a poor mans Fergie' or some other twaddle, all bollox.

NFP is exactly what he has always been, a strong authoritarian with a ruthless streak and an ability to generate a huge amount of loyalty and team spirit among most but not all of his players. In a somewhat perverse way I also love his handling of the media....... :thumbup:

On the other hand he can be stubborn, over cautious and tactically inflexible, his inability to make effective changes when games are going against us is, for me, a real weakness...... :thumbdown:

And that view has not changed significantly since our playoff season.

Agree with most of that but not sure he's is totally inflexible, he likes 4-4-2, 4-3-3, but has shown he's willing to mix it up a little!

All good manager our stubborn, Sir Alex, Wenger et al!

His biggest weakness is changing a game that not going our way!

What has impressed me is his determination to finish games off. Four games we've scored at least 4 goals and we've had several two goal wins.

Goal difference could really count and we've given ourselves the best possible chance in that respect by far.

he's got alot of the players believing and saying they can beat anyone outside the 6 teams in the premiership! So he's not going to jump ship to a team like a villa or a newcastle when he's giving the team this mentality. We're richer too so that helps! If no one believes it! then why were we paying yakubu 70k a week! the same wage structure Tottenham have. and that's without premier league money. He's not going anywhere :)

I guess I actually see City as a big club. Not a 'sleeping giant' like Leeds, say or Sheff Weds (who's grounds can hold c. 40 k fans) but much bigger than clubs like Wigan and dare I say, Swansea for instance.

We have a wonderful fan base and were often sold out the last time we were in the Prem. Therefore, for Pearson to go to a Wigan, a Fulham or a Swansea may well be seen as a backward step.

If we get promotion, there will be money to spend onto an existing good, young squad.

The only reason I could see Nige leaving would be to go to a club which is clearly bigger than we are. I tend to equate this with size of stadia, attendances and fan bases.

I could see him leave for a Newcastle, an Everton or a West Ham, for example.

However, he's settled in, he's building and I'm confident of keeping him.

I rate Pearson. Sometimes he may seem like the Messiah, others he may seem a little inflexible or lacking in tactics, but I will say one thing.....It would be VERY difficult to replace him with anyone with near his ability to instill a team mentatlity.

I don't know if you all remember the revolving door we endured in the last 10 years with all this glory going on.

There wasn't one of those managers that managed what Pearson has done in terms of building a TEAM. Adams came nearest, but i also remember the freefall that came with it. Pearson has already proved his longevity in his first stint, what he succeded at Hull and what he has done in his second stint.

We should all be praying he stays regardles of promotion

I'm not sure he could be a poor man's Fergie ..... But he could definitely be Leicester's equivalent of David Moyes ..... Quietly going about his business of unspectacularly getting better gradually with a solid performing side.

Whether that's exciting enough for the fans or the owners of LCFC I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure he could be a poor man's Fergie ..... But he could definitely be Leicester's equivalent of David Moyes ..... Quietly going about his business of unspectacularly getting better gradually with a solid performing side.

Whether that's exciting enough for the fans or the owners of LCFC I'm not so sure.

I can see the references between the three. I'm not saying Pearson would ever be as good as them, but I think he definitely has certain traits with regards effort, team work, nobody bigger than the team etc.

He's great but unfortunately I don't think he will be here forever.

Can see him eventually managing a club like Newcastle or Everton, a side just below that top Premier bracket.

Can see him eventually managing a club like Newcastle or Everton, a side just below that top Premier bracket.

He still has a heck of a lot to prove before he gets a shot at any of those teams I think.

Having said that... what nutter would have predicted Pardew at Newcastle a few seasons back.

I think Pearson is doing a great job.As corky notes, who would have thought that City would have the best goal difference in the division: his previous sides have never scored like City have this season can anyone remember the last time (if ever) they scored 4 and 6 goals twice within 2 months. I agree with previous comments that he's only part way through a project to establish City as an established premier league side. I do get surprised by comments on other threads (eg Jack Butland) that imply he has endless money to spend - I think it's clear has a tight budget (hence shipping overpaid players on loan - even if we pay part of wages, it establishes that their wages are not the norm). Furthermore there's the financial fair play regs which limit a club'e expenditure to their income (and gates have fallen this season).

RE Micky Adams: It all went wrong after the Malaga affair in 2004 (Dickov, Gillespie & Sinclai charged with rape) - I seem to remember the results dropped right off and eventually he lost his job. I think Pearson is the better manager, but good to see Adams doing well at Port Vale

Another thing to think about is, if Newcastle or Villa decide to sack there managers then I could see a problem for Leicester. Purely because Pearson without a doubt is probably best manager in championship at the moment, strong goal difference with a strong defense. Plus spent very little.

Chairmans like Randy Lerner and Mike Ashley like them type of managers, they like the idea of that knowing they won't have to spend much. Nigel as done it before there's nothing stopping him doing it again. If Pearson suddenly left this club then i don't believe leicester would go up.

To be frankly honest I wasn't best pleased with Nigel returning i felt for one Sven shouldn't have been sacked and two i felt it was taking a step back. However so far Nigel as impressed and once again doing a fantastic job, the good thing about this team it's fairly young side with that little experience what is needed. I've been following Leicester for just over 13 years and i got to say so far I'm enjoying this season more than our league one promotion season.

Another thing to add I believe the squad we've got at the moment would even be good enough to get us into the premier league top ten! Good times ahead for the foxes :thumbup: However like i said in another post it could all change if Nigel leaves :(

Another thing to think about is, if Newcastle or Villa decide to sack there managers then I could see a problem for Leicester. Purely because Pearson without a doubt is probably best manager in championship at the moment, strong goal difference with a strong defense. Plus spent very little.

Chairmans like Randy Lerner and Mike Ashley like them type of managers, they like the idea of that knowing they won't have to spend much. Nigel as done it before there's nothing stopping him doing it again. If Pearson suddenly left this club then i don't believe leicester would go up.

I don't think either would be willing to pay what it would take to prise Pearson away. There would be cheaper options around, especially Newcastle who would have to pay off pardew's 4 year contract, I assume Lambert will be on a decent contract too. More likely to get in someone unemployed with prem pedigree such as Hughes or Roberto Di matteo.

To be frankly honest I wasn't best pleased with Nigel returning i felt for one Sven shouldn't have been sacked and two i felt it was taking a step back. However so far Nigel as impressed and once again doing a fantastic job, the good thing about this team it's fairly young side with that little experience what is needed. I've been following Leicester for just over 13 years and i got to say so far I'm enjoying this season more than our league one promotion season.

Another thing to add I believe the squad we've got at the moment would even be good enough to get us into the premier league top ten! Good times ahead for the foxes :thumbup: However like i said in another post it could all change if Nigel leaves :(

Premier League top 10???

No chance, possibly in 4-5 years as the players get experience.

I would think that with the amount of money that may well be floating around our club if we go up there would be little chance he would leave for anything below a Tottenham. I imagine if we go up his wages would increase by a shitload and will have a fair amount of money to bring players in. Until he can show that he can spend large amounts wisely no big clubs are likely to go near him.

I don't think either would be willing to pay what it would take to prise Pearson away. There would be cheaper options around, especially Newcastle who would have to pay off pardew's 4 year contract, I assume Lambert will be on a decent contract too. More likely to get in someone unemployed with prem pedigree such as Hughes or Roberto Di matteo.

It was an 8 year contract :blink:

Few PL clubs opt for British managers. Pulis,Pardew and Lambert are exceptions.Two of those got promotion to PL and were unlikely to have been appointed from the lower leagues.I know the thread poses a hypothetical question but in reality Pearson will be unlikely to get any offer from a PL club until he has proved himself at that level.

Archived