Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mackiepas

Saturday 3pm

Im guessing you people ''against modern football'' wont be wanting us to sign players for millions of pounds when we go up?

That is money given to us by Sky.

So many crumpets on the phone in last night now have to deal with it on here.

incase some of us havent noticed our beloved sport is run by Sky and thats not going to change anytime soon....like it or lump it. I'm guessing all our fans are on the phones contacting sky now to cancel their Sky Sports HD package? or not. You cant have it both ways

No one is forcing anyone to come to the game, if you dont like it sit at home and listen to Stringer. You can sit there wanking over 3pm bannars til your hearts content but it will make no difference whatsoever.

More chance of Nigella Lawson giving you a private strip tease dripping with chocolate gnash or however you spell it.

Games kicking off at 3pm on Saturdays are not televised because the Premier League does not offer these games for tv auction. The times and dates of televised games are determined by the Premier League according to their own requirements, not those of tv companies.

Well they do, as they're televised oversea's. And I'm not entirely sure the rest of your sentance is true, I'm pretty sure Sky have a say on when they show games.

You can argue all you want they wont do it and they wont do it for the reasons I've mentioned lol.

Games kicking off at 3pm on Saturdays are not televised because the Premier League does not offer these games for tv auction. The times and dates of televised games are determined by the Premier League according to their own requirements, not those of tv companies.

It's currently illegal to televise games at 3pm on Saturday-there's no market force element to the decision at all.

This was done to prevent television becoming too influential into the national sport. If you mention this fact to Richard Scudamore, he laughs so hard that £50 notes pour out of his nose....

Those of us that can't get to games want as many televised as possible. Couldn't give a monkeys what time....just bring them on!

Oh....and don't anyone start on about loss of revenue because a near empty stadium for a match with sky revenues is more financially lucrative for the club than an average attendance.

Face it...sky money funds the entire uk football scene. If you don't like it opt with your feet!

It's clear it's almost impossible to stop Sky TV's influence on the game as they have the money and that's what matters nowadays but fan pressure could alter things A limit on the number of games per team per season would be possible preserving a reasonable amount of Saturday 3pm kick off and be more inclusive of all clubs to provide the amount of games Sky need.

Rather than do nothing a bit of fan pressure or protest highlights issues. If enough people joined in Sky would listen as, at the end of the day, they are controlled by their customers. Biggest problem is their aren't enough people as we live in a society of compliance full of bland people who just accept everything they are told.

It may never work but I wont become a sheep, challenge in an appropriate fashion does sometimes bring results where as sitting back and doing nothing never will.

Those of us that can't get to games want as many televised as possible. Couldn't give a monkeys what time....just bring them on!

Oh....and don't anyone start on about loss of revenue because a near empty stadium for a match with sky revenues is more financially lucrative for the club than an average attendance.

Face it...sky money funds the entire uk football scene. If you don't like it opt with your feet!

I would like to see all games televised on a pay per view basis charged at the current entrance prices with an option to buy a season ticket at the same price of those going to the games. Part of the revenue to go directto the club. This way Sky make their money, fans can attend the game in person and those who can't get to the ground can watch all the games with the added bonus of extra revenue for the club based on how many TV fans they have.

Well they do, as they're televised oversea's. And I'm not entirely sure the rest of your sentance is true, I'm pretty sure Sky have a say on when they show games.

You can argue all you want they wont do it and they wont do it for the reasons I've mentioned lol.

Who was talking about overseas? We have been talking about the UK so far, then all of a sudden it's switched to overseas when my point was solely aimed at the UK.

As others have said as well, there are current rules that no football is allowed to be televised within the UK at 3pm on a Saturday.

I'm saying that the reasons for that are that the FL/PL thinks it will damage match attendances. You are saying it wont because there is not enough demand for TV companies to want to air games at that time anyway, which I don't agree with. Although I would be happy to go along the results of a live trial rather than state my opinion as a fact when no data is actually available yet.

Now that we have started to go around in circles I will make this my last post on the subject. But paradoxically, what could be happening by not allowing televised games to be shown at 3pm could be having a more negative effect on attendances of the teams involved, caused by changing the kick offs times/dates, than it would if they just aired the game at the original kick off time and be done with it. That is all. :thumbup:

Archived