Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

A question

Would you rather be like the likes of QPR, be in the premier league and get pasted most weeks, or be a team that stays in the Championship and wins most games but doesn't go up?

Let's face it, with some of the fan reactions....

if we were hinckley united and had just lost 3-2 at the nou camp, a day in mourning would be announced.

We all want immediate success, but is can also bring imminent failure (portsmouth).

I don't want to be QPR. But I do want to be in the Premiership, regardless of if we get spanked.

If you're not with the elite you're just one of the dregs. Like we are now. Midtable 2nd tier existance is pointless, it's a continuous cycle of nothingness. Playing in half empty grounds, with no atmosphere, mainly against 2nd, 3rd and even 4th rate clubs. Nobody talks about us. Nobody in other countries know who we are. We can't ever hope to be anything but a boring club with 20-23K attendances (and attendances will continue to drop until we do go up) whilst we're down here. And the season always ends in disappointment and 'fed up of the same old stuff' attitudes.

Even with relegation, the top division gives you something to build on.

I don't want to be QPR. But I do want to be in the Premiership, regardless of if we get spanked.

If you're not with the elite you're just one of the dregs. Like we are now. Midtable 2nd tier existance is pointless, it's a continuous cycle of nothingness. Playing in half empty grounds, with no atmosphere, mainly against 2nd, 3rd and even 4th rate clubs. Nobody talks about us. Nobody in other countries know who we are. We can't ever hope to be anything but a boring club with 20-23K attendances (and attendances will continue to drop until we do go up) whilst we're down here. And the season always ends in disappointment and 'fed up of the same old stuff' attitudes.

Even with relegation, the top division gives you something to build on.

Well thats not true, I hear that we are quite big in Thailand :ph34r:

What annoys me is are we such a small club that we assume if we go up we'll come straight back down? Look at Stoke, Fulham, Wigan, WBA, Bolton and Blackburn(until last season) Even Norwich and Swansea more recently. Why cant we be like this?

Theres nothing to suggest if and when we get promoted we cant be a Premiership main stay for a decade? why the earth not...we are a bigger club than almost half the premier league IMO and with a decent financial backing and a good scouting team, I have no idea why we couldnt be a constant top divison side!

I personally think that its alot harder to be consistent enough to get promoted than actually staying in the premier league. You can be very plain and lose a ton but still knick a few wins and survive! Look at West Ham, found it hard to battle through to promotion yet look to comfertably be staying up. The top 7 are strong but there are so many average teams that we could easily finish 11-15th in the premier league and not suprise me...the hard part is getting up!

Archived