Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

For the pearson doubters and the backers.

You make a massive assumption here that is totally wrong.

I support our team as positively as any of the NP lovers on here .... I chant and sing and applause throughout the game and have never booed in my life at a player in a blue shirt.

However this is a football forum and I don't like or rate NP so i express that view on here.

Why do you assume that someone that is negative towards the manager on here is anything other than supportive in the ground???

I'm not making the assumption that everyone who dislikes Pearson and posts negative comments about him on here also does it at the ground but of course it's going to read that way. That post is of course aimed at the people who do boo and shout abuse at the team, individual players and the manager, not everyone else. Forums are exactly the right place for negativity, criticism and questions and getting rid of frustrations, as long as that is where it stays so it doesn't affect the team.

lol

Are you REALLY so arrogant/blinkered to put forward the argument that what is written on here will negatively impact our promotion campaign?

What's negatively impacting on our promotion campaign is our inability to put points on the board away from home. Nothing else.

And I agree with Waller (:o:)... This is a football forum. It's about opinions.. Some will be founded upon facts and sense, some won't. Some will be positive, others negative.

It's a forum... And would be a boring place if we all sang from the same hymn sheet...

Get over it...

lol

See above

I'm not making the assumption that everyone who dislikes Pearson and posts negative comments about him on here also does it at the ground but of course it's going to read that way. That post is of course aimed at the people who do boo and shout abuse at the team, individual players and the manager, not everyone else. Forums are exactly the right place for negativity, criticism and questions and getting rid of frustrations, as long as that is where it stays so it doesn't affect the team.

Agree entirely!! :scarf:

lol

Are you REALLY so arrogant/blinkered to put forward the argument that what is written on here will negatively impact our promotion campaign?

What's negatively impacting on our promotion campaign is our inability to put points on the board away from home. Nothing else.

And I agree with Waller ( :o:)... This is a football forum. It's about opinions.. Some will be founded upon facts and sense, some won't. Some will be positive, others negative.

It's a forum... And would be a boring place if we all sang from the same hymn sheet...

Get over it...

lol

I'm framing that!!!

There are enough posts in enough threads already. Find them yourself, I'm not spending all day on here discussing something that's been done to death

No i'd really like you to tell me HIS strengths, not what he has had no choice in doing due to financial fair play or direction from our owners, not how his answer to every slight problem with a player is to send them out on loan, not how he has shipped out the big earners.

What are his strengths?How is he flexible, how he has a plan B, how he protects his player, how he comes across in the media, if you can show me then I would like to know.

At the minute all I can see is how he has complied to the owners requests to reduce the wage bill etc.

There's a lot of this camp and that camp on FT at the moment, what the fvck ever happened to being Leicester supporters and backing our team and manager?

The same as what the fvck ever happened to the fans counting for anything in the eyes of the owners . Welcome to modern day football. :thumbup:

No i'd really like you to tell me HIS strengths, not what he has had no choice in doing due to financial fair play or direction from our owners, not how his answer to every slight problem with a player is to send them out on loan, not how he has shipped out the big earners.

What are his strengths?How is he flexible, how he has a plan B, how he protects his player, how he comes across in the media, if you can show me then I would like to know.

At the minute all I can see is how he has complied to the owners requests to reduce the wage bill etc.

Ill tell you his strengths:

He likes to assemble teams that comprise players who are young, eager and hungry to develop. Also those who consider playing for City as a 'step-up'. I like this about Pearson. He did it to great effect with Jack Hobbs and Fryatt for instance.

I also agree with the players he's shipped-out. If I were Pearson I too would have gotten rid of Beckford and Mills and, to be honest, Danns and Bamba too I think.

I also like the bulk of the signings he makes. Morgan and Wood being two of the best ones IMO.

However, there are negatives that I don't rate him for. I have highlighted these before.

Jury's out still for me but I wait and hope.

He likes to assemble teams that comprise players who are young, eager and hungry to develop. Also those who consider playing for City as a 'step-up'. I like this about Pearson. He did it to great effect with Jack Hobbs and Fryatt for instance.

I also agree with the players he's shipped-out. If I were Pearson I too would have gotten rid of Beckford and Mills and, to be honest, Danns and Bamba too I think.

I also like the bulk of the signings he makes. Morgan and Wood being two of the best ones IMO.

However, there are negatives that I don't rate him for. I have highlighted these before.

Fair play.

All fair points.

I agree with the fact he does try to buy players with room to develop. Is our expectation that those players are still here next year. A year older a year wiser with games under their belts. With pearson in charge whatever happens this season?

Or if promotion doesnt come is pearson out on his ear. Due to his faults and do we become a selling club?

That strength may also be his weakness .... He may have taken a long term approach in a short term environment. If the brief was get promoted this season he has not mixed in enough experience and has taken a gamble on the entirely youth based team that looks about to backfire (depending on your view).

If the brief was get promotion within three years then he's got every chance of success and we can stop reading rumours about him being sacked. I suspect he was given a brief of promotion this season as that's what he has often said himself.

That strength may also be his weakness .... He may have taken a long term approach in a short term environment. If the brief was get promoted this season he has not mixed in enough experience and has taken a gamble on the entirely youth based team that looks about to backfire (depending on your view).

If the brief was get promotion within three years then he's got every chance of success and we can stop reading rumours about him being sacked. I suspect he was given a brief of promotion this season as that's what he has often said himself.

I do agree

Which is why I said at the start of the season I felt we needed a few more more experienced/quality players at the club to compliment the up and coming 'young guns'.

For exactly the reason you've just given.

Just getting that blend right, tweaking it just a little may have reaped major dividends.

The best example I can give is Chris Wood. If Pearson had gone for Chris, rather than chancing his arm with Vardy at the start of the season, I genuinely believe we'd now be above Cardiff.

Anyway, I guess it's all hindsight and things could still turn out the way we all want.

Ah but you would have brought Danns back !

Lets not forget that we've had to clear up a big mess created last season which will have hindered our progress. Going into next season there will be no pressing issues at the club, Pearson will have things set up and we'll be good to go for promotion. I'm so confident that if it isn't this season it'll be the next one.>or the season after that<😉

The clubs coming down are also fairly weak IMO, QPR will be so unstable with players leaving. Wigan are a small club who have had their moment in the sun. Villa will probably be good and Southampton might be too.

Absolutely no chance, only time our fans turn up is when they feel hard done by over something. A shit penno given (and missed) against us in the first minute on Sat might do the trick.

I know that's true Babs but I will cling to the forlorn hope that it may happen :P

I can assure you my eyesight is perfect, I don't blindly follow anyone. I'm well aware of Pearson's faults, just as I'm aware of his many strengths. The question of whether Pearson should remain as manager is a question for the end of the season and will be answered by the owners, not by the fans. Whether you like Pearson or not, surely you can all leave your negative crap outside the ground and support the bloody team for the last few games can't you? Supporting a team in 5th place is not something that should be difficult after the 10 years we've had. Why are we so damned determined to mess up our own promotion bid with all this negative BS?

:thumbup: Hallefvckinlujah

I do agree

Which is why I said at the start of the season I felt we needed a few more more experienced/quality players at the club to compliment the up and coming 'young guns'.

For exactly the reason you've just given.

Just getting that blend right, tweaking it just a little may have reaped major dividends.

The best example I can give is Chris Wood. If Pearson had gone for Chris, rather than chancing his arm with Vardy at the start of the season, I genuinely believe we'd now be above Cardiff.

Anyway, I guess it's all hindsight and things could still turn out the way we all want.

It's the "I've got a plan and sticking to it" stubbornness again..... buy 20 year olds, have a tiny squad that will jump through hoops for each other and give me total respect. All very well, but in some games you need a leader or two, or an experienced head.

I think you're right with Wood .... if we'd have had those goals that he put in Millwall's "for" column then we may well have been in autos at least.

Archived