Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

For the pearson doubters and the backers.

Fotball throws up some crazy results and patterns Col, pressure and fighting for differing things, going for autos,staying in play offs, outside chance of gatecrashing play offs, avoiding dropping into relegation zone and getting out of bottom 3 will all contribute to the massive twists and turns to come!I thinkour top form will return at the right time and other teams having to go for it more will play into our hands IMO.I think we will beat cardiff on Tuesday because pressure is starting to get to them, we will see! Opinions eh bud?

As I said mate, what would give me more hope is if I thought, going into games like Cardiff, Derby and Brighton away, that we stood a really good chance of winning these games. Like under MON, it didn't matter whether we played home or away or who we were due to play, we had that feeling we were gonna 'turn em over'...

Such a feeling, I think, comes with a team who are on a roll.. Who you instinctively feel are going to get promoted.

I just don't feel it.. I'd like to, but I don't.

That doesn't make us a bad side, or Pearson a 'shit manager'.. But I don't go into our remaining fixtures having that 'I don't care who we have to play, cos we'll beat them' mentality.

I can't explain it any better than that really.

As I said mate, what would give me more hope is if I thought, going into games like Cardiff, Derby and Brighton away, that we stood a really good chance of winning these games. Like under MON, it didn't matter whether we played home or away or who we were due to play, we had that feeling we were gonna 'turn em over'...

Such a feeling, I think, comes with a team who are on a roll.. Who you instinctively feel are going to get promoted.

I just don't feel it.. I'd like to, but I don't.

That doesn't make us a bad side, or Pearson a 'shit manager'.. But I don't go into our remaining fixtures having that 'I don't care who we have to play, cos we'll beat them' mentality.

I can't explain it any better than that really.

What I am sure of pal is it's gonna have frustration,excitement and nail biting moments! I do understand your feelings I just don't feel the same way and if it goes tits up it won't be the first time we've had to brush ourselves down it's Leicester! :P:chant:

Have to be 10th with London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool, Sheffield, Bristol and Nottingham all bigger ???

Yeah I've got a feeling that the 7th stat comes from the fact that we are the 7th biggest city in terms of shopping draw .... but that's nothing to do with football.

Ok Waller here's another scenario that Col calls my omelette face,let's say we go on one of our winning runs and it surpasses previous ones and we surge into a auto place are these vast numbers of Pearson supporters going to be sitting on their hands whilst others wildly celebrate? How could any Pearson detractor possibly celebrate something he had achieved? And by the way I genuinely see that is more likely than us dropping out of the play offs! My opinion is there's a well timed peak to come with others around us faltering, very tight at the end and fantastically nail biting and exciting. I could be totally wrong and I am not happy clapping, I think it is going to be one of those seasons and let's back the lads! And as for everyone backing if you call booing and abusing the manager at the end of a game backing, then I agree.

It seems unlikely right now that we will go on that run .... but noone will be happier than me (well maybe you) if we do!!!!

I don't agree with booing or abusing the manager. I was stood on tuesday clapping the team off with very few others bothering to do the same ..... I do like to express my views on a forum for talking about LCFC though .... and for me this is the time and place to be expressing concerns over the manager. I cannot imagine any successful manager having a silly petulant argument with the local radio after every game ..... it adds fuel to the fire that he's stubborn and hard to get on with and that's the reason some players don't thrive in his team.

Who knows. ..... like you say ..... it'll be a bumpy ride yet!!!!

It seems unlikely right now that we will go on that run .... but noone will be happier than me (well maybe you) if we do!!!!

I don't agree with booing or abusing the manager. I was stood on tuesday clapping the team off with very few others bothering to do the same ..... I do like to express my views on a forum for talking about LCFC though .... and for me this is the time and place to be expressing concerns over the manager. I cannot imagine any successful manager having a silly petulant argument with the local radio after every game ..... it adds fuel to the fire that he's stubborn and hard to get on with and that's the reason some players don't thrive in his team.

Who knows. ..... like you say ..... it'll be a bumpy ride yet!!!!

Time will tell bud and I just hope the fans really do become the 12 th man, keep the faith :thumbup::D

Time will tell bud and I just hope the fans really do become the 12 th man, keep the faith :thumbup::D

Absolutely no chance, only time our fans turn up is when they feel hard done by over something. A shit penno given (and missed) against us in the first minute on Sat might do the trick.

Absolutely no chance, only time our fans turn up is when they feel hard done by over something. A shit penno given (and missed) against us in the first minute on Sat might do the trick.

That's always been the case .... Even in MON's prime the fans would get especially vocal when the ref dropped one.

When you look back at seasons where we have achieved something, I think there is a tendency to edit out the bad parts.

Did we have faith we would make the playoffs when O'Neill was in charge? I went to Watford away (dressed as a crocodile) knowing we had a small chance of getting into the playoffs but not really expecting to. Even when Izzet scored, I thought we were going to win the game, not promotion. It took a huge chunk of luck to make the playoffs that season, something O'Neill was never short of.

Even during the League One season, where we actually got promoted at a canter, I was really not confident around this point. We were dropping points and MK Dons and Peterborough were rarely dropping points. As we know, we won enough points over Easter to put top spot away.

So, I'm not ready to write Pearson and the season off just yet. I know from bitter experience that things don't go your way all of the time, even when you are actually doing well. The away legs in the playoffs, if we get there, are one off games and I wouldn't bet against us getting a result. Pearson does have a track record of keeping his nerve and ensuring he meets his goals in a season. He has kept Carlyle and Southampton up and won Leicester the League One title and a place in the playoffs in previous seasons.

He keeps his nerve much better than many fans do anyway. Maybe his irritation at this is why he is a bit sniffy in interviews sometimes.

Some of you lot need to get your head out your arses. You talk as if we have a history of winning everything. Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway, Sousa and Eriksson all of them complete shit, the only bright spot in all them years was Pearsons 1st term. Right now all the teams above us are good teams, Cardiff and Udinese are better than us Palace and Hull are about as good as us. When you look at the table we're about where we should be. Pearson's doing a excellent job, we go into every game with a great chance of winning it, he's brought well, got rid off most of the shit and he's built a solid foundation, so think where we were and where we are now.

It's been a funny old season in terms of results and my general feeling towards Pearson.

He's done some good things has Nige. Shaved off the wage bill, acquired Chris Wood and delivered some great wins.

However, our away form has been one of the worst in the division, he's effectively given away both cups and our recent run of results has been poor exactly when we needed to do better.

All the happy clappers keep on saying is that he has made us 'much better'.. Well how exactly? We've won nothing whatsoever yet, we've gone from top two to having little chance to finish in such a lofty position and he's got the likes of Knocky and Marshall playing well beneath what they are both surely capable of.

I just wish people would be honest and look at both sides to Pearson. Some good, some actually not very good at all.

But it don't seem to happen that way. Some seem to think you have to like him 'because he's the manager'... Well I think so far he's been pretty average personally.

Finally I've got completely disillusioned with his attitude towards Stringer. When once I thought he was right to be stand-offish, now it comes across to me as boring and silly.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....

This is an attitude I don't understand, you seem to be blaming Pearson for us dropping from 2nd yet failing to give him credit for getting us to second in the first place. If you or anyone else were told at the start of the season that at the start of march we would be fifth, with this number of points, you would have been happy. At the end of the season it won't matter if we had a run of 5 wins followed by a run of 5 crap results, it is how many points we have, and at the moment we have a healthy points tally and are in a good position.

Secondly our away form is not one of the worst in the division it was, last week anyway, the 8th best in the division. It could be so much better.

Finally, I have found Pearson's interviews to be cringeworthy from the start, so I just stop listening to them, I remember you defending him though about a year ago over me criticising him and saying he needs some media handling training.

As for the op's comments, I don't necessarily agree with who was better than who, but I think your criteria is flawed. Keane and Morgan may be better footballers than Brown, but they don't have his leadership/organisational skills, Brown was a beast, no-nonsense (except his racist nonsense) solid, reliable defender and one we still haven't replaced. Likewise berner, Howard, wellens and Oakley, they have been replaced by younger better models, but they don't have their experience or nous to pull off stubborn away wins like away at QPR in that season.

The other main difference is that that team had a successful year playing together in league one, in terms of a team they were much better than their individual parts, team spirit, attitude and organisation were and still are much better attributes at this level than raw ability.

After a season together for this team they will be so much better next season, with a few additions, and not changing the manager.

I'm thinking of changing my name to 'Blue in the face'. I have in the past been accused of being inconsistent, far from it! Our problem now, as it ALWAYS has been under Pearson is the midfield!!!

Wellens was always crap. King has never been better than average, nor has Dyer or Gallagher.

Knockaert, Marshall, Drinkwater and James are all OK. I believe the five or six consecutive matches we won had them in our midfield. If any of them are injured we have no adequate replacements. Yes we can still win the odd game, but nowhere near enough to get promotion.

Our manager will be sacked when the owners understand this. For goodness sake, it really isn't 'rocket science', it's as plain as the nose on Pearson's face.

Face facts, it has been and always will be Pearson's downfall because I believe he is too stubborn to change.

King, on the other hand could be OK in a team that included both James and Drinkwater in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. What decent team is there in the Prem or Championship who still play 4-4-2 with two wingers?

The answer is very very 'simples'.

In my eyes we are bottling it. We were 2nd up til around january then we have been in freefall. Were his tactics not spot on when we won 5 in a row? twice? Ok so maybe he's stubborn! big deal he has his ways and methods! dont we all! Blackpool away. Penalty. Chris wood for 3pts. bang over bar. Is that np's fault? Ipswich game. harry kane thru on goal keeper to beat. total sitter! is that tactics? No. Its crucial individual decisions thats costing us. thats 5 pts gone recently when shouldve won 6! but we didnt! I reckon we are due another few wins. We have been class at some stages this season. Defensively solid. Lets just take 5th or 6th. Take our chances. Im confident we will rise to the challenge starting against sheff wed.

In my eyes we are bottling it. We were 2nd up til around january then we have been in freefall. Were his tactics not spot on when we won 5 in a row? twice? Ok so maybe he's stubborn! big deal he has his ways and methods! dont we all! Blackpool away. Penalty. Chris wood for 3pts. bang over bar. Is that np's fault? Ipswich game. harry kane thru on goal keeper to beat. total sitter! is that tactics? No. Its crucial individual decisions thats costing us. thats 5 pts gone recently when shouldve won 6! but we didnt! I reckon we are due another few wins. We have been class at some stages this season. Defensively solid. Lets just take 5th or 6th. Take our chances. Im confident we will rise to the challenge starting against sheff wed.

How about Charlton at home? Totally out thought by Powell and no answer to his set up or tactics?

Or Leeds at home? Struggles to break down a 5 man midfield...Again...

Agree some individual mistakes have cost us, but that will be the same in every league for every team.

I agree on two main points in this thread, nothing has been done about the away form, and I go into no away games expecting anything. And secondly the inability to control midfield on a consistent basis.

Ahh the message board favourite of 'you are not a fan if you criticise the team or manager' True fans must stick to their guns about how marvellous the situation is come what may, they must believe in the the owners, the board, the players and above all the manager. Any dissenting view is propagated by '******', 'retards' or met with 'bore off' but never any contructive points.

The latest that we are 'better' now than we have been for 10 years is laughable, as is the endless trotting out of 13th when Sven went, Mills and Beckford sagas - MoN put together a Premier quality midfield with virtually no money- Lennon and Savage from lower leagues, Izzet from Chelsea reserves, Guppy from Derby, a central defense from the same kind of background and brought a young striker up from the youth team to be sold eventually for £10m. That is what older City fans see as progress so forgive those that look at the huge investment in the club (what could MoN have done with that) but failure to attract a manager with the tactical or scouting skills for us to benefit from it.

You don't need a lot of money to be good at this but you do need real talent. I don't see enough of that over the past three seasons to suggest NP can do this, and I am a real Leicester City fan with enough games under my belt to know of what I speak.

I don't buy into this it's the away form letting us down to be honest, we have dropped points at home In games we should not have. Our current form is poor home and away. It is no surprise that players "body language" is questionable and they don't look happy or confident, if they didn't then something would be really wrong. On top of that some fans seem to want to bring the whole team down. Yes the away form could be better so could the home form.

Yet we are having our best season for a long long time with a small limited squad, with some very inexperienced players.

I really do wonder what some fans expect at times.

I don't buy into this it's the away form letting us down to be honest, we have dropped points at home I games we should not have. Our current form is poor home and away. It is no surprise that players "body language" is questionable and they don't look happy or confident, if they didn't then something would be really wrong. On top of that some fans seem to want to bring the whole team down. Yes the away form could be better so could the home form.

Yet we are having our best season for a long long time with a small limited squad, with some very inexperienced players.

I really do wonder what some fans expect at times.

Just look at the stats man!!

lol

At home... Fortress KP (hats off to Pearson for this)

Away from home... Too many losses for a side chasing automatic promotion ( disappointing Pearson for this)

Compare this to Pearson's first season in the Championship... Our home form was also good, but AWAY from home we picked up a lot of draws.

We simply have not been able to go away from home this season and pick up the points we needed to maintain a top two challenge.

Just look at the stats man!!

lol

At home... Fortress KP (hats off to Pearson for this)

Away from home... Too many losses for a side chasing automatic promotion ( disappointing Pearson for this)

Compare this to Pearson's first season in the Championship... Our home form was also good, but AWAY from home we picked up a lot of draws.

We simply have not been able to go away from home this season and pick up the points we needed to maintain a top two challenge.

Just think of all the away games that could have been turned into draws as well this season. Could have at least 5 more points on the board (Charlton away, Blackburn away, Wolves away, Peterborough away, Ipswich away). I don't think anything has changed in terms of away mentality from that season though. I think perhaps we haven't had as much luck and we haven't been nearly as clinical as we were away that year.

That extra 5 points would see us 3 points off second with a game in hand (yes I know it's against Cardiff but it's still a chance to get points). Fine lines really...

Just think of all the away games that could have been turned into draws as well this season. Could have at least 5 more points on the board (Charlton away, Blackburn away, Wolves away, Peterborough away, Ipswich away). I don't think anything has changed in terms of away mentality from that season though. I think perhaps we haven't had as much luck and we haven't been nearly as clinical as we were away that year.

That extra 5 points would see us 3 points off second with a game in hand (yes I know it's against Cardiff but it's still a chance to get points). Fine lines really...

Don't forget the strike force at that time was Fryatt and Howard... Generally considered on the forum (following their departure of course) as a very average pair of forwards.

:thumbup:

Here we go Seenitall harping back to O'Neils tenure and col cherry picking.

If you are dropping points at home that you shouldn't why on earth do you expect to pick up points away ? And as for stats from what has been quoted on here are away form is middle of the table. Quote what stats you want as far as i am concerned we are havering our best season in the last decade, and playing some great football.

If you are dropping points at home that you shouldn't why on earth do you expect to pick up points away ? And as for stats from what has been quoted on here are away form is middle of the table. Quote what stats you want as far as i am concerned we are havering our best season in the last decade, and playing some great football.

Cherry picking!

lol

Just stating our away form is a problem and has been all season.

Time of the month mate?

lol

Don't forget the strike force at that time was Fryatt and Howard... Generally considered on the forum (following their departure of course) as a very average pair of forwards.

:thumbup:

Well we had a rather average team back then didn't we...

How well we must have done to finish where we did. Genuinely thought we were going to do it that year. Interesting how we still have some parts of that squad who aren't nearly as good as they were back then (Gallagher, Wellens, Dyer (Maybe) and arguably King)

Quite simply, our away form has let us down all season. 5 wins and 4 draws from 17 just isn't good enough for a team challenging for autos, and Nigel has failed to rectify it. Winning 12/18 at home is very good, but for some reason we keep making the same mistakes away from home. Naivety, ignorance, stubborness or just plain stupidity has cost us, and I'm not really sure which.

It is easy to pick games home and away that we could have/should won or not lost. You can also blame the sub standard of refereeing in this league. Or senior players who go on their Facebook or Twitter to take pops at the fans. Lack of leadership on the field maybe lacking.

I sometimes wonder what the new lad Kane is thinking ? He choose us to play in front of a big crowd in a side trying to win promotion and look what he has let him self in for ? Nearly as bad as signing for a top Italian side and waking up in Watford !!!!!

Archived