Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

For the pearson doubters and the backers.

It is easy to pick games home and away that we could have/should won or not lost. You can also blame the sub standard of refereeing in this league. Or senior players who go on their Facebook or Twitter to take pops at the fans. Lack of leadership on the field maybe lacking.

I sometimes wonder what the new lad Kane is thinking ? He choose us to play in front of a big crowd in a side trying to win promotion and look what he has let him self in for ? Nearly as bad as signing for a top Italian side and waking up in Watford !!!!!

lol

In my eyes we are bottling it. We were 2nd up til around january then we have been in freefall. Were his tactics not spot on when we won 5 in a row? twice? Ok so maybe he's stubborn! big deal he has his ways and methods! dont we all! Blackpool away. Penalty. Chris wood for 3pts. bang over bar. Is that np's fault? Ipswich game. harry kane thru on goal keeper to beat. total sitter! is that tactics? No. Its crucial individual decisions thats costing us. thats 5 pts gone recently when shouldve won 6! but we didnt! I reckon we are due another few wins. We have been class at some stages this season. Defensively solid. Lets just take 5th or 6th. Take our chances. Im confident we will rise to the challenge starting against sheff wed.

I agree with the majority of that, we have done enough to win the majority of the games we have played but normally individual errors have cost us, whether it is not taking our chances, or making schoolboy errors at the back, even Morgan has started with his fvck up against Ipswich, Kasper really should have dealt with the corner at Leeds, and Keane fvcked up massively too costing us points. I am still positive because I still honestly believe we are just that one piece away from having a great team, personally I don't think the problem piece is NP, but then I don't think it is any one player, it is just inexperience, naivety, confidence or lapses in concentration.

It is frustration, but it is hard to be frustrated after what has been by and large an excellent season with so many positives.

Ahh the message board favourite of 'you are not a fan if you criticise the team or manager' True fans must stick to their guns about how marvellous the situation is come what may, they must believe in the the owners, the board, the players and above all the manager. Any dissenting view is propagated by '******', 'retards' or met with 'bore off' but never any contructive points.

The latest that we are 'better' now than we have been for 10 years is laughable, as is the endless trotting out of 13th when Sven went, Mills and Beckford sagas - MoN put together a Premier quality midfield with virtually no money- Lennon and Savage from lower leagues, Izzet from Chelsea reserves, Guppy from Derby, a central defense from the same kind of background and brought a young striker up from the youth team to be sold eventually for £10m. That is what older City fans see as progress so forgive those that look at the huge investment in the club (what could MoN have done with that) but failure to attract a manager with the tactical or scouting skills for us to benefit from it.

You don't need a lot of money to be good at this but you do need real talent. I don't see enough of that over the past three seasons to suggest NP can do this, and I am a real Leicester City fan with enough games under my belt to know of what I speak.

So basically he's not Martin O'Neill so we should get rid. lol

O'Neill would have signed more like Eadie and Gunnlaugsson... he wasn't great when it came to spending big money.

I agree with the majority of that, we have done enough to win the majority of the games we have played but normally individual errors have cost us, whether it is not taking our chances, or making schoolboy errors at the back, even Morgan has started with his fvck up against Ipswich, Kasper really should have dealt with the corner at Leeds, and Keane fvcked up massively too costing us points. I am still positive because I still honestly believe we are just that one piece away from having a great team, personally I don't think the problem piece is NP, but then I don't think it is any one player, it is just inexperience, naivety, confidence or lapses in concentration.

It is frustration, but it is hard to be frustrated after what has been by and large an excellent season with so many positives.

The points you have raised highlight some of the things that have cost us and at least identify what has occurred rather than a stat or two. Frustrating it is, but that's the joy of being a FOX. At least you don't want to see us reverting to negative football and out muscling teams with bigger and harder players

So basically he's not Martin O'Neill so we should get rid. lol

O'Neill would have signed more like Eadie and Gunnlaugsson... he wasn't great when it came to spending big money.

No he certainly is not - but when did Leicester City lower their expectations and standards so much that a League One plodder who has consistently struggled to understand the Championship become the new messiah - and this when we have got money to spend?

If I said he was brilliant you would disagree because you are always right - I believe we deserve better - we are capable of drawing 30,000+ and I believe we are and should be performing at at least the same level as Wigan, Norwich, West Ham, Swansea and possibly even Newcastle, whose fans never accept second best from their managers or their owners - I suggest it is fans like you who accept whatever tripe they are served up with a 'well what can you expect, at least we' are trying, its better than a couple of years ago' attitude that are responsible for the tragic decline of our club.

We should be top 10 in the country and until we are again the owners, players and manager are performing below par

No he certainly is not - but when did Leicester City lower their expectations and standards so much

In my time of watching City O'Neill is the exception not the rule, as was our position and what we achieved. I do not EXPECT that all the time, I hope for it but I have watched enough shite labeled LCFC to know it's not that easy.

If I said he was brilliant you would disagree because you are always right

I would disagree, because I don't think he's brilliant. You should try not making ridiculous outlandish statements so much, you might be right yourself more often.

we are and should be performing at at least the same level as Wigan, Norwich, Swansea

We have been a yoyo club and will most probably remain one, with periods of success and periods without. All of these teams have been shite, some only a couple of years ago and I'm are sure as anything they will return to being shit again at some point. That's football.

I suggest it is fans like you who accept whatever tripe they are served up with a 'well what can you expect, at least we' are trying, its better than a couple of years ago' attitude that are responsible for the tragic decline of our club.

I have constantly said I expect improvement each year, not instant success. I would suggest that is a healthier attitude towards success than sacking someone if they don't turn things around instantly, because they don't match up to overly high expectations that have very rarely ever been met.

The best run we have had all season was when Wood made his debut AND NP finally dropped Wimpy for Matty James in same game.

We will do no good consistantly with King in midfield and believe me ,iv watched him as much as anyone on here !

Our best run was between the 19th Sept and 29th October with James and King sharing responsibility in different games. Quicker he gets back to take part the better.

We have been a yoyo club and will most probably remain one, with periods of success and periods without. All of these teams have been shite, some only a couple of years ago and I'm are sure as anything they will return to being shit again at some point. That's football.

Nine seasons outside the PL does not make us a yoyo club.

Nine seasons outside the PL does not make us a yoyo club.

That depends on your personal definition. I'm talking about fluctuations of success over periods of of time not each individual year. There are a lot of teams that only get to the premier for a short period and can take a decade to get back. The likes of Forest, Norwich, Derby all similar size clubs who bounce between this league and the prem.

No he certainly is not - but when did Leicester City lower their expectations and standards so much that a League One plodder who has consistently struggled to understand the Championship become the new messiah - and this when we have got money to spend?

If I said he was brilliant you would disagree because you are always right - I believe we deserve better - we are capable of drawing 30,000+ and I believe we are and should be performing at at least the same level as Wigan, Norwich, West Ham, Swansea and possibly even Newcastle, whose fans never accept second best from their managers or their owners - I suggest it is fans like you who accept whatever tripe they are served up with a 'well what can you expect, at least we' are trying, its better than a couple of years ago' attitude that are responsible for the tragic decline of our club.

We should be top 10 in the country and until we are again the owners, players and manager are performing below par

Unless it's Kevin Keegan of course. Being impatient has always been their problem, that's why they've ended up in the shit in recent years.

I don't know if you're referring to the others when you say 'whose fans never accept second best' but I can assure you that Wigan (lol) Norwich and Swansea (lol) have had to accept second best (if they're lucky) throuhgout their history.

If we'd have had this squad back then we'd have walked the league. Cant really compare the two tbh, teams in the championship have got better since then. If we had the old squad now we'd be relegation fodder.

Back in 09/10? We would've been comfortably behind Newcastle and West Brom, they just strolled it.

Just because we all support Leicester I doesn't mean we all have to blindly follow the manager!

It's Leicester city not North Korea!

I can assure you my eyesight is perfect, I don't blindly follow anyone. I'm well aware of Pearson's faults, just as I'm aware of his many strengths. The question of whether Pearson should remain as manager is a question for the end of the season and will be answered by the owners, not by the fans. Whether you like Pearson or not, surely you can all leave your negative crap outside the ground and support the bloody team for the last few games can't you? Supporting a team in 5th place is not something that should be difficult after the 10 years we've had. Why are we so damned determined to mess up our own promotion bid with all this negative BS?

I can assure you my eyesight is perfect, I don't blindly follow anyone. I'm well aware of Pearson's faults, just as I'm aware of his many strengths. The question of whether Pearson should remain as manager is a question for the end of the season and will be answered by the owners, not by the fans. Whether you like Pearson or not, surely you can all leave your negative crap outside the ground and support the bloody team for the last few games can't you? Supporting a team in 5th place is not something that should be difficult after the 10 years we've had. Why are we so damned determined to mess up our own promotion bid with all this negative BS?

Amen brother.

Some people just hate anyone being successful

I thought the general consensus was that this years championship was poor.

If we get the forum posts out from that time, the general consensus before the season started was that it was extremely difficult and we'd missed the easy boat last season.

Most people had about 12 teams that would provide stern challenge for the top 6... And most people had us outside the playoffs or just inside them... so we're at least meeting most people expectations, although they've forgot that because (according to their expectations) we over-achieved for a while by residing in the top 2

Anyway... to avoid going around in endless circles the below quoted post makes sense, surely anyone can see that!

Leicester_Numan, on 08 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

You make a massive assumption here that is totally wrong.

I support our team as positively as any of the NP lovers on here .... I chant and sing and applause throughout the game and have never booed in my life at a player in a blue shirt.

However this is a football forum and I don't like or rate NP so i express that view on here.

Why do you assume that someone that is negative towards the manager on here is anything other than supportive in the ground???

lol

Are you REALLY so arrogant/blinkered to put forward the argument that what is written on here will negatively impact our promotion campaign?

What's negatively impacting on our promotion campaign is our inability to put points on the board away from home. Nothing else.

And I agree with Waller (:o:)... This is a football forum. It's about opinions.. Some will be founded upon facts and sense, some won't. Some will be positive, others negative.

It's a forum... And would be a boring place if we all sang from the same hymn sheet...

Get over it...

lol

Can you explain his many strengths so we can discuss them.

lol

Are you REALLY so arrogant/blinkered to put forward the argument that what is written on here will negatively impact our promotion campaign?

What's negatively impacting on our promotion campaign is our inability to put points on the board away from home. Nothing else.

And I agree with Waller ( :o:)... This is a football forum. It's about opinions.. Some will be founded upon facts and sense, some won't. Some will be positive, others negative.

It's a forum... And would be a boring place if we all sang from the same hymn sheet...

Get over it...

lol

Totally agree, some people on here have delusions of grandeur.

Archived