Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

For the pearson doubters and the backers.

Ok we can debate all day the current plight. Form. Where we were under sven. Where we are now.

But let me suggest np is under achieving!!!

Heres why. And i note again i dont want nigel to leave. However.

Kasper>weale

Delaet>morrison

I'm going bruno over > konch

Wes and keane every bit as good as brown and hobbs. Although i rate hobbs still.

Drinkwater>wellens

Kingy same player?

Marshall>oakley

Knockaert>dyer maybe not a fair comparison as a straight swap.

Nugent>fryatt

Wood>howard

So 8 or 9 of our players now are better or equal to what we had previously. So we may have over-achieved last time round. And that buys pearson time i suggest.

But how much has he under-achieved this time?

A play-off place was surely a must before the season. But with the improvement in the 1st 11.

Should we have nailed that top 2 spot?

We should always be a win away from automatic promotion considering the players we have recruited and the wage bill...this happened for a short while earlier in the season and it is now disappointing to see us in a fight with about 7-8 teams for a play off spot.

This isnt a scenerio we should be in, with the amount of points to play for decreasing.

Bayfox is right but to add a bit more to this... Leicester is the 7th biggest City in the country. Our owners are (I think) the richest in the league and have more than put their money where their mouths are. With all due respect, for the likes of Watford, Palace, and Brighton, a play off place is a fantastic achievement. For us, it has to be under-achieving. I would absolutely have expected automatic promotion this year given our budget. On top of that we've been hopeless away, and appear not to have the tactical awareness to turn round a losing situation. I'm not sure anyone on this message board would suggest we deserve to go up. Anyway, here's hoping, but if we don't, on the basis that Southampton can sack an achiever like Nigel Adkins, don't expect our owners to hang about with Nigel.

Bayfox is right but to add a bit more to this... Leicester is the 7th biggest City in the country. Our owners are (I think) the richest in the league and have more than put their money where their mouths are. With all due respect, for the likes of Watford, Palace, and Brighton, a play off place is a fantastic achievement. For us, it has to be under-achieving. I would absolutely have expected automatic promotion this year given our budget. On top of that we've been hopeless away, and appear not to have the tactical awareness to turn round a losing situation. I'm not sure anyone on this message board would suggest we deserve to go up. Anyway, here's hoping, but if we don't, on the basis that Southampton can sack an achiever like Nigel Adkins, don't expect our owners to hang about with Nigel.

7th biggest City! Is this in terms of population or size?

Lets not forget that we've had to clear up a big mess created last season which will have hindered our progress. Going into next season there will be no pressing issues at the club, Pearson will have things set up and we'll be good to go for promotion. I'm so confident that if it isn't this season it'll be the next one.

The clubs coming down are also fairly weak IMO, QPR will be so unstable with players leaving. Wigan are a small club who have had their moment in the sun. Villa will probably be good and Southampton might be too.

Wellens of 3 seasons ago > Drinkwater of today

Was going to say this. Also King of 3 seasons ago >>>>>>> King of today. There's your problem.

I also don't think we've seen enough of Wood to suggest he's better than Howard was. Let's not forget that Steve Howard was a ****ing beast. Also Matty Fryatt scored plenty of goals. Did he score as many as Nugent? Maybe not, but not far off.

Really the only place we've improved substantially is in goal and on the wings. Even the latter is looking doubtful now with Knockaert apparently unable to play for more than an hour and Marshall blows cold more often than hot.

There's a lot of this camp and that camp on FT at the moment, what the fvck ever happened to being Leicester supporters and backing our team and manager?

I'd say everyone is supporting and backing the team. Just a large proportion find it very difficult to back the manager.

I'd say everyone is supporting and backing the team. Just a large proportion find it very difficult to back the manager.

It's been a funny old season in terms of results and my general feeling towards Pearson.

He's done some good things has Nige. Shaved off the wage bill, acquired Chris Wood and delivered some great wins.

However, our away form has been one of the worst in the division, he's effectively given away both cups and our recent run of results has been poor exactly when we needed to do better.

All the happy clappers keep on saying is that he has made us 'much better'.. Well how exactly? We've won nothing whatsoever yet, we've gone from top two to having little chance to finish in such a lofty position and he's got the likes of Knocky and Marshall playing well beneath what they are both surely capable of.

I just wish people would be honest and look at both sides to Pearson. Some good, some actually not very good at all.

But it don't seem to happen that way. Some seem to think you have to like him 'because he's the manager'... Well I think so far he's been pretty average personally.

Finally I've got completely disillusioned with his attitude towards Stringer. When once I thought he was right to be stand-offish, now it comes across to me as boring and silly.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....

Ok Waller here's another scenario that Col calls my omelette face,let's say we go on one of our winning runs and it surpasses previous ones and we surge into a auto place are these vast numbers of Pearson supporters going to be sitting on their hands whilst others wildly celebrate? How could any Pearson detractor possibly celebrate something he had achieved? And by the way I genuinely see that is more likely than us dropping out of the play offs! My opinion is there's a well timed peak to come with others around us faltering, very tight at the end and fantastically nail biting and exciting. I could be totally wrong and I am not happy clapping, I think it is going to be one of those seasons and let's back the lads! And as for everyone backing if you call booing and abusing the manager at the end of a game backing, then I agree.

Ok Waller here's another scenario that Col calls my omelette face,let's say we go on one of our winning runs and it surpasses previous ones and we surge into a auto place are these vast numbers of Pearson supporters going to be sitting on their hands whilst others wildly celebrate? How could any Pearson detractor possibly celebrate something he had achieved? And by the way I genuinely see that is more likely than us dropping out of the play offs! My opinion is there's a well timed peak to come with others around us faltering, very tight at the end and fantastically nail biting and exciting. I could be totally wrong and I am not happy clapping, I think it is going to be one of those seasons and let's back the lads! And as for everyone backing if you call booing and abusing the manager at the end of a game backing, then I agree.

You've had this feeling all season mate. Fair play but what do you base it on? Just a feeling? Or stats or what?

I tell you the reason why I'm more pessimistic now than I was.... We STILL haven't rectified the away results that have plagued us all season.

Now if you could tell me how we are going to go away to the likes of Cardiff and Brighton and come away with something then I'll be happier.

I can't see it though buddy.

It's a tough division to get out of. Look at Cardiff the past few years. Chopping and changing managers has been an issue for a while here so when we have a manager that has his team in the run for promotion, then at this point better the devil you know.

It's been a funny old season in terms of results and my general feeling towards Pearson.

He's done some good things has Nige. Shaved off the wage bill, acquired Chris Wood and delivered some great wins.

However, our away form has been one of the worst in the division, he's effectively given away both cups and our recent run of results has been poor exactly when we needed to do better.

All the happy clappers keep on saying is that he has made us 'much better'.. Well how exactly? We've won nothing whatsoever yet, we've gone from top two to having little chance to finish in such a lofty position and he's got the likes of Knocky and Marshall playing well beneath what they are both surely capable of.

I just wish people would be honest and look at both sides to Pearson. Some good, some actually not very good at all.

But it don't seem to happen that way. Some seem to think you have to like him 'because he's the manager'... Well I think so far he's been pretty average personally.

Finally I've got completely disillusioned with his attitude towards Stringer. When once I thought he was right to be stand-offish, now it comes across to me as boring and silly.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....

Were we 13th when Sven went or 2nd? How many times had we been in the top 6 since Pearson left for Hull until his return?... Let alone the top two.

Do you think a 21 year old playing their first full season in a foreign country is going to be consistent all the time?

His form has been up and down all season... As most people would expect given the above.

The other one is playing little different to how he did last year, minus long range goals to mask his often poor play.

You've had this feeling all season mate. Fair play but what do you base it on? Just a feeling? Or stats or what?

I tell you the reason why I'm more pessimistic now than I was.... We STILL haven't rectified the away results that have plagued us all season.

Now if you could tell me how we are going to go away to the likes of Cardiff and Brighton and come away with something then I'll be happier.

I can't see it though buddy.

Fotball throws up some crazy results and patterns Col, pressure and fighting for differing things, going for autos,staying in play offs, outside chance of gatecrashing play offs, avoiding dropping into relegation zone and getting out of bottom 3 will all contribute to the massive twists and turns to come!I thinkour top form will return at the right time and other teams having to go for it more will play into our hands IMO.I think we will beat cardiff on Tuesday because pressure is starting to get to them, we will see! Opinions eh bud?

Archived