Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Why hasn't lightning struck twice?

recent form means MUCH more than position when making a decision on a manager.

That's an incredibly short-termist view, you've essentially just stated that a manger's job security should be based solely on the last six or seven games rather than the club's achievements over the whole season.

If we were top, despite having lost the last six games would you sack the manager? Well of course because recent form means MUCH more than position when making a decision on a manager.

That's an incredibly short-termist view, you've essentially just stated that a manger's job security should be based solely on the last six or seven games rather than the club's achievements over the whole season.

If we were top, despite having lost the last six games would you sack the manager? Well of course because recent form means MUCH more than position when making a decision on a manager.

you still dont get it, its about progress.

recent form is how progress is judged.

a football manager doesnt have job security, of course they get paid a lot of cash to compensate for that.

if we lost the last 6 games but were top I would at the very least call him in for a report on why the team is going backwards, and make it clear his job isnt safe.

Football is no longer a game played on a Saturday afternoon but a results based industry and 1 win in 10 is poor in any calculations.

Yes we are 7th and 1 point behind the last play-off place but no so long back we were in 2nd place, an automatic promotion position!!

LCFC are now in reverse and this manager hasn't the capability of improving out position and get us promoted. In my view he is a good League One manager and a mediocre Championship one. We need someone who can get us out of this league and Pearson has proved he is not the man.

Sven went after a 0-3 defeat by Millwall last season. Pearson lost 0-1 and continues a miserable run of 1 win in 10 form which has seen drop out of the play-off places and is more akin to relegation than promotion. Just what are the Thail owners waiting?

Have they, perhaps, learnt their lesson or is there is no real ambition to get this Club promoted?

The fans have been patient and have waited for years for what was going to be 'Our' season, yet again it has all but practically turned to dust.

Well I'm not being funny but you have answered your own question here!

I'll start by saying I want Pearson in charge now and at the beginning of of next season. However, I dismiss the notion that with 7 games to go a sacking would be folly. It would be a huge gamble but, with the right appointment, the manager buzz could carry us up through the playoffs.

I think Sven was sacked more for what he'd created off the pitch. The Thai's realised their mistake in letting him spend like he did and the mess he'd put us in - that had to be corrected. For me, Nigel was brought in, as well as getting promotion, to get our house in order and clean up after Sven.

The fact he's done that very well is what is affording him the extra time and patience (he arguably deserves) from our owners.

you still dont get it, its about progress.

recent form is how progress is judged.

a football manager doesnt have job security, of course they get paid a lot of cash to compensate for that.

if we lost the last 6 games but were top I would at the very least call him in for a report on why the team is going backwards, and make it clear his job isnt safe.

And we HAVE made progress - I don't think recent form is the best thing to look at btw because it's subject to somewhat uncontrollable changes in form. I know what you mean about us going backwards but I think there's this expectation that it will continue for an extended period of time, we're going to hit choppy waters at some point but you have to ask yourself "are we on the right path?" and I firmly believe we are.

The road to recovery cannot be judged on Friday night, once Morgan took an early bath the original game plan went out the window.

The form table shows it as another loss but it wasn't a true reflection of how we responded to the awful run.

Tomorrow will be the indicator, if we don't win then I'm afraid I will give up this season, our fate is then in the hands of other teams slipping up.

Archived