Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Why hasn't lightning struck twice?

Sven went after a 0-3 defeat by Millwall last season. Pearson lost 0-1 and continues a miserable run of 1 win in 10 form which has seen drop out of the play-off places and is more akin to relegation than promotion. Just what are the Thail owners waiting?

Have they, perhaps, learnt their lesson or is there is no real ambition to get this Club promoted?

The fans have been patient and have waited for years for what was going to be 'Our' season, yet again it has all but practically turned to dust.

Sven went after a 0-3 defeat by Millwall last season. Pearson lost 0-1 and continues a miserable run of 1 win in 10 form which has seen drop out of the play-off places and is more akin to relegation than promotion. Just what are the Thail owners waiting?

Have they, perhaps, learnt their lesson or is there is no real ambition to get this Club promoted?

The fans have been patient and have waited for years for what was going to be 'Our' season, yet again it has all but practically turned to dust.

What would we achieve by sacking the manager with just 7 games to go?

What would we achieve by sacking the manager with just 7 games to go?

A chance at an upturn in performances that COULD see us get 6th place back?

End of the day, people were calling for Pearson to be sacked 5 or 6 league games ago but he wasnt. And in that period since, we've picked up 2 points. Would another manager, stand in or otherwise have bettered 2 points in 6 games? Thats the question isnt it. But the replacement would have had to be unbelievably poor to do just as bad.

Next season is our year...I just know it !!

But seriously, the owner's money is not the advantage people think it is. Most clubs now have sugar daddies and it just means we can compete with these and clubs with parachute payments. Also, expectation is ramped up to the point where our fans boo good performances, lose all sense of perspective and patience and howl if a player makes a mistake.

We have no God given right to be in the Premier League. Like every other club, we have to earn it and we haven't done so yet. We do have a decent young squad who can only improve however. Keep the current squad together for another season, add wisely to it, and I think it might finally be our year.

Also, people forget the amount of work Pearson has done so far. Did we really have any right to think this was our season after most of the previous squad was shipped out and so many new and untested players brought in? One surprise to me this season is how much we are still a work in progress and not the finished article.

And...this season isn't over yet. We are seventh with seven games to play.

... We've got 7 games left. Our opposition include the likes of Brighton, Bolton, Palace, Watford and Nottingham Forest - all teams around us.

If we can pick up something on Monday (really hope for three points) and then pick up something next week at Brighton, we're right back in it again (although we arn't out of it anyway!). The season isn't over yet, and Nigel Pearson shouldnt be sacked in my opinion.

Last night we were unlucky, and with 11 men I'm sure we would have picked something up against Millwall. I'll be getting behind them when I visit Oakwell on Monday, can't be doing with all this 'why hasn't he been sacked yet' when we are in this form.

Don't even know what to think anymore. Trying to convince people to be positive and get behind the manager and team anymore seems as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Last night hurt because the boys showed some desire, and heart for the cause. For what's its worth though, we didn't win, 3 points would have been massive taking into consideration that the teams around us stuttered too.

We need a big result Monday, if we come away from Brighton with all 3 points then I think we'll do it. Lose on Monday, and I think we could be looking at another season in the Championship. With or without Nigel I am not sure, i'd prefer him to be given another chance, bring in some players to replace the guys out on loan currently - as they obviously don't feature in his plans. Whether the Thai's will give him enough time to complete his plans is another question.

Still, for 7 games, we need to be behind the players - just like we were last night.

Different stages of the season. Yes we are heading in the wrong direction recently, but in the grand scheme of things we aren't.

Plus 3-0 against 11 men is a bit different to 1-0 against 10.

We can still go up as long as the players believe in themselves, and we give each game a real good go. Try and win them, not just keep it tight, concede and then give up.

They must be well pissed off when you look at bruce,davis,zola even holloway making a good go of it in there first full season incharge I know I would be. They must be wondering what its going to take or when its going to happen I wouldnt be shocked if Pearson wasnt here next season.

WHERE DOES ALL THIS ENTITLEMENT COME FROM? WHY DO WE DESERVE TO BE PROMOTED LAST YEAR?

I've resorted to caps lock, this is what this forum has driven me to.

WHERE DOES ALL THIS ENTITLEMENT COME FROM? WHY DO WE DESERVE TO BE PROMOTED LAST YEAR?

I've resorted to caps lock, this is what this forum has driven me to.

He's been driven to italics.

That is much, much worse

We've got a load of 6 pointers, it's within our hands despite us being the ones in 7th... the others are hardly flying too.

Good reaction from the players for the second half, aside from woeful performances from Wood & Drinkwater who desperately need dropping, where for the first time for weeks we played our game in the opponent's half, which is what we need to do to get our game back.

3pts from Barnsley essential though

But seriously, the owner's money is not the advantage people think it is. Most clubs now have sugar daddies and it just means we can compete with these and clubs with parachute payments. Also, expectation is ramped up to the point where our fans boo good performances, lose all sense of perspective and patience and howl if a player makes a mistake.

We have no God given right to be in the Premier League. Like every other club, we have to earn it and we haven't done so yet. We do have a decent young squad who can only improve however. Keep the current squad together for another season, add wisely to it, and I think it might finally be our year.

Also, people forget the amount of work Pearson has done so far. Did we really have any right to think this was our season after most of the previous squad was shipped out and so many new and untested players brought in? One surprise to me this season is how much we are still a work in progress and not the finished article.

yes, oui and si!

This

That is the most sense I've read on here for the last 24 hours. Our current form is a huge concern of course but say we had arrived in this position after a weak 1st half of the season, the mood/attitude would be entirely different. Some don't seem to believe that a win is still worth the same amount of points at any point in the season so our good results and displays up to this point should be taken into consideration when debating whether the manager should keep his job. Some people just can't see beyond the end of their nose or have deliberately short memories.

Sven was sacked when we were 13th, we are now 7th and just a point off the POs. Come on, there's a clear difference.

We were 2 points off play offs when Sven went. We are going backwards and in my opinion not looking like going forwards really. We have a crap away record and now go to Barnley who have been in alright form of late, particularly at home. Im surprised he hasn't gone even with so few games to go

We were 2 points off play offs when Sven went. We are going backwards and in my opinion not looking like going forwards really. We have a crap away record and now go to Barnley who have been in alright form of late, particularly at home. Im surprised he hasn't gone even with so few games to go

While in the short term we are going backwards in the long term I firmly believe we're making progress, even if we fail to go up this season. This squad should get better next season given its youth so I'd like us to stick with him as I feel we'll have an excellent chance next time. I know it's not easy but sometimes you have to accept failure, it is this unwillingness to accept failure in the past has led to our downfall.

Before, we went forwards. Unarguably. Now we're going backwards from that position.

Can we not go forwards again? Is that not possible? Feels like I've missed something.

Before, we went forwards. Unarguably. Now we're going backwards from that position.

Can we not go forwards again? Is that not possible? Feels like I've missed something.

Nah mate, as soon as you've lost two games in a row that's it I'm afraid. Not possible to win again. :/

Too many people forget that form can change, you'd think our own transition from brilliant to awful would show that but no, clearly not. It's as if people genuinely believe our performances will remain exactly the same until the end of the season. Gets very tiring trying to explain that there's a possibility we might improve.

They has waited to long to get rid...Now It's to late imo...What could a new man do ?.....Can't bring in anybody....Even the best motivator in the world would struggle with this lot.... Thai's made the call and it looks like ANOTHER painful end to ANOTHER season.

Archived