Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Lack of First Team football.

Not looking for any excuses, but could this be the contributing factor in why we have struggled to not only get out of our bad run, but also fail to win games we have dominated this season (peterborough, blackburn etc).

Just a thought...De Laet, Keane, James, Drinkwater, Marshall, Knocky, Wood.

This is their first ever season playing as first team regulars for the same team, none have ever experienced such a dismal run.

At the start of the season when there was relatively little pressure in comparison to now, many of them excelled, but have they burnt themselves out from not playing competitive football so regular before?

Just a point I would like to make, do you agree??

Not looking for any excuses, but could this be the contributing factor in why we have struggled to not only get out of our bad run, but also fail to win games we have dominated this season (peterborough, blackburn etc).

This is their first ever season playing as first team regulars for the same team, none have ever experienced such a dismal run.

At the start of the season when there was relatively little pressure in comparison to now, many of them excelled, but have they burnt themselves out from not playing competitive football so regular before?

I agree to an extent. There's definitely some tiredness in the team, which has been demonstrated with our tendency to concede goals in the last 20 mins of a game (more so recently). However, like you say, don't think it can be used as an excuse. Given the position we were in we should be still behind Cardiff or at the very least have our play-off spot nailed on.

IF that is true (I doubt it) then don't forget that the squad was assembled by Pearson. He should have picked a couple of older heads. Been saying that from day one.

What point are you making? That Nige hasn't done his job as well as he could?

IF that is true (I doubt it) then don't forget that the squad was assembled by Pearson. He should have picked a couple of older heads. Been saying that from day one.

What point are you making? That Nige hasn't done his job as well as he could?

I think the point he is making is that none of those players have played full seasons, which could have reflected on the poor run.

I think the point he is making is that none of those players have played full seasons, which could have reflected on the poor run.

Therefore, if Pearson was aiming for promotion THIS season, as he proclaimed, he's not assembled the best squad he could to achieve that aim.

I agree with Grewks, some of these kids won't have experienced this pressure. So they needed a couple of fellas in with them that had?

It's not rocket science..

De Laet, Keane and James have performed well recently.

As I said on another thread yesterday or the day before, the current problems in the team, are Drinkwater, Knockaert, Marshall, Nugent and Wood.

Drinkwater - I will give him his due, he impressed me in the first half of the season, didn't rate him when he came in but I honestly thought he turned a corner. Now I think otherwise, in the second half of the season, he has been one of our worst players if not the worst. When he plays negative football, passes backwards and sideways, gets bullied by opposition, fails to close down or put his foot in, we tend to struggle. When he is negative, we have no urgency going forward, and when we have no urgency going forward, the wingers and strikers then struggle to make an impact, get in the right positions, and make chances in the final third. Take Drinkwater out of the team, and play James and King and see how it goes, from current form James and King would be our best partnership at the moment.

Knockaert - Seems to be getting too big for his boots, he thinks he is god gifts in all honesty, he comes across that way on twitter numerous times. He has the talent, but when he doesn't play well we lose that attacking creative spark in midfield, something that a lot of teams who have been promoted in the past have, or currently have in this division, with Kim, Whittingham, Bellamy for Cardiff, Boyd and Koren for Hull, Abdi for Watford, Zaha and Bolasie from the wings at Palace, Williams from the centre. We have this at Leicester City, but the players I have mentioned from other teams have been more consistent for their clubs this season, while Knockaert has had two spells where he has really struggled and gone walkabouts.

Marshall - People expected a lot from him this season, he has failed to produce the goods. He has been a massive disappointment this season, but I really would like to see him being given the free role again like Pearson gave him at the end of last season, a bit like Redmond and Morrison for Birmingham on Friday night, Marshall and Knockaert need to play like them, given time to roam as attacking midfielders, I'm pretty sure we will get more out of them if they play that way.

Nugent & Wood - I think they are simply struggling, because of Pearson's recent tactics, you can't put these two out wide, it's madness. These two are out to out strikers, and goalscorers, not wingers, or wing forwards. The formation they are playing in right now doesn't work, revert to two up front asap, or I'm afraid I can't see us winning another game this season.

When these players buck up their ideas, or even move on then I believe we will play better stuff again, until then we will continue to perform crap and lose.

Therefore, if Pearson was aiming for promotion THIS season, as he proclaimed, he's not assembled the best squad he could to achieve that aim.

I agree with Grewks, some of these kids won't have experienced this pressure. So they needed a couple of fellas in with them that had?

It's not rocket science..

no its not rocket science but you can only sell and buy so many players in one pre season, maybe if he gets another year he will get rid of the rot and bring in some leaders.

Archived