Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Player Recruitment Post-Sven

The think is the recruitment side of the club is done by Steve Walsh. He is the one who does all the scouting, and recommends his findings to NP.

Can't we just hire a manager who is not tactically inept and get him to work with Walsh?

Is St.Ledger as bad as you all make out?

When we were on our first run of good form this season, him and Morgan had a formidable partnership only for him to then get injured.

When he was injured, most of us desperately wanted him back so whats changed?

Is St.Ledger as bad as you all make out?

When we were on our first run of good form this season, him and Morgan had a formidable partnership only for him to then get injured.

When he was injured, most of us desperately wanted him back so whats changed?

He's not a bad player per se, but he's worth nowhere near the amount we're paying him. Again, Morgan's done a lot more for the team for a lot, lot less.

He's not a bad player per se, but he's worth nowhere near the amount we're paying him. Again, Morgan's done a lot more for the team for a lot, lot less.

How do you know he is on a lot less?

How do you know he is on a lot less?

St Ledger is rumoured to be on around 25k a week. Not concrete information, but it's all we've got to go on. When you take it into account that one player was given a contract under SGE and the other was given a contract under Pearson, it doesn't take much guessing to work out which player is on more money.

Stopped reading as soon as I saw Konchesky's name in the list.

Honestly don't understand what he's done for everybody to want him out the club, he's been one of most consistant players over the past two seasons and you lot want to get rid???

Unbeleievable

Stopped reading as soon as I saw Konchesky's name in the list.

Honestly don't understand what he's done for everybody to want him out the club, he's been one of most consistant players over the past two seasons and you lot want to get rid???

Unbeleievable

Again, taking into account his age and the high wages he's more than likely on, he's not worth enough to the team and he's certainly not irreplaceable.

I never said he was shit, I don't have a problem with him, but for a player who hasn't set the world alight, is getting past his best and is paid an absolute king's ransom... well we could do better for cheaper IMO, there are a lot of good LB's that could come here and do a job, on loan or permanently.

IF we were to get rid of Konch, I would like to see Zeki Fyrers come in on loan. In fact, even if we don't, I'd still like to see us loan Fryers, we really don't have any competition or cover for Konch at LB.

Again, taking into account his age and the high wages he's more than likely on, he's not worth enough to the team and he's certainly not irreplaceable.

I never said he was shit, I don't have a problem with him, but for a player who hasn't set the world alight, is getting past his best and is paid an absolute king's ransom... well we could do better for cheaper IMO, there are a lot of good LB's that could come here and do a job, on loan or permanently.

IF we were to get rid of Konch, I would like to see Zeki Fyrers come in on loan. In fact, even if we don't, I'd still like to see us loan Fryers, we really don't have any competition or cover for Konch at LB.

Replacing another one of our experinced players with a youngster who's barely even played in this country before. Am I the only one who thinks this is a suicidal way of going about things?!? we need more experience in the squad not more 'promising youngsters', has this season taught us nothing?!?

Replacing another one of our experinced players with a youngster who's barely even played in this country before. Am I the only one who thinks this is a suicidal way of going about things?!? we need more experience in the squad not more 'promising youngsters', has this season taught us nothing?!?

Yeah, you're right. Let's keep an average, aging LB on Premier League wages - why don't we fill the whole squad full of players like that? And maybe we should spend a fortune on getting a former England manager to come in and take us up too - that'll definitely work, how could it go wrong?

Yeah, you're right. Let's keep an average, aging LB on Premier League wages - why don't we fill the whole squad full of players like that? And maybe we should spend a fortune on getting a former England manager to come in and take us up too - that'll definitely work, how could it go wrong?

Are you suggesting we make a move for the umbrella man ?

lol

People who moan about St Ledger, Danns and Beckford going out on loan would do well to read this thread. It's not just footballing ability that has seen them leave, it's got to be partly down to wages and trying to shift them permanently.

The way they were brought to the club as well. They were all money motivated and anyone who honestly believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

I honestly think bringing in players for the money pollutes the whole squad. Pretty much anyone Sven signed was for that reason.

You can't honestly think replacing Konchesky with a 20 year old who's played nine games in his entire senior career is a good idea?

I agree with the OP, so what would you feel if they tried to renegotiate all of those contracts and and nobody budged, you could get rid of Beckford and Danns, but are Nugent and Kasper that valuable to the team that they are worth disrupting the balance?

How would people feel if we sold Kasper, Nuge, SSL, to fund the hit we would take on paying off the contracts of all the other high earners, Gallagher, Wellens, Konchesky, or letting them go for free, Danns and Beckford as nobody would pay decent money for them and meet their terms?

It would solve all the wage issues but require some serious squad rebuilding.

I agree with the OP, so what would you feel if they tried to renegotiate all of those contracts and and nobody budged, you could get rid of Beckford and Danns, but are Nugent and Kasper that valuable to the team that they are worth disrupting the balance?

How would people feel if we sold Kasper, Nuge, SSL, to fund the hit we would take on paying off the contracts of all the other high earners, Gallagher, Wellens, Konchesky, or letting them go for free, Danns and Beckford as nobody would pay decent money for them and meet their terms?

It would solve all the wage issues but require some serious squad rebuilding.

Personally I think that's the way we will HAVE to go.

Whoever is managing this club in the next year or two, expect a lot of players shipped out (if possible and that is a big if) to be replaced by players on free contracts and with lesser wage demands.

It will be the same for QPR for instance. God knows how they'll manage their wage bill in the Championship. 'arry will have a totally different looking squad next season I betcha.

This is a further reason why getting promoted either last season or this season was a big big gain for the clubs so doing. Cardiff took a chance, signed Bellamy and Helguson and it's paid off for them. If they hasn't have gotten up this year, Bellamy wouldn't stay at Cardiff, I'm pretty sure about that.

I can see us offloading (or attempting to offload) at least:

Beckford, Danns, Wellens, Gallagher, Konch, Kasper, Dyer, Whitbread, Vardy, Waghorn. Especially if we don't get promotion.

Next years squad, thinking about it, will look very different IMO.

With regards to Konchesky he is a model professional and someone we should keep regardless of ability he isn't that bad anyway yes he hasn't performed to the high standards last season but where is his competition?

He hasn't got any hence he isn't delivering buy a reserve LB that can compete with Konchesky.

You can't honestly think replacing Konchesky with a 20 year old who's played nine games in his entire senior career is a good idea?

I think replacing Konchesky is a good idea, yes. Not necessarily with Zeki Fryers, but with someone of similar ability to Konch who isn't taking a massive chunk out of our wage budget - I'm sure there are plenty of players out there.

And judging players on how many games they've played in their careers is ridiculous, everyone has to start somewhere and this lad is good enough that Ferguson wanted to keep hold of him at Man United and Tottenham wanted to buy him. Michael Keane has been one of our better players this season and someone who everyone seems to rate - he'd never even played a competitive league game before coming here. So think on.

With regards to Konchesky he is a model professional and someone we should keep regardless of ability he isn't that bad anyway yes he hasn't performed to the high standards last season but where is his competition?

He hasn't got any hence he isn't delivering buy a reserve LB that can compete with Konchesky.

Hasn't he repeatedly gotten into rows with fans and flicked the V's at fans a couple of times? I'm not saying he wasn'ty justified, but hardly the actions of a model professional.

Archived