Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Bits of sublime skill you've seen in a City game

In a reserves match Laurie Cunningham did something I've never seen elsewhere when he took a crossfield pass on his chest and juggled left side, right side, left side, right side past four happless opponents.

As for an opposition player I remember Glenn Hoddle for Chelsea fizzing a ball from the half way line towards the touchline with everyone thinking he'd over hit it. It was never more than a few inches off the ground and it pitched just inside the line and then preceded to spin back several metres into the path of the winger (Rocastle I think) as he'd put loads of back spin on it, it was like something off a golf green.

Guest MattP

Neil Lewis at the 3-0 defeat at Leeds. Half the City fans didn't get their until the second half after some motorway carnage.

3-0 down Lewis strolled back for a long throw, charged up and tripped on the grass verge just before the line, the ball went 20 yards up in the air and not an inch forward, he fell flat on his face and to compound it the ball ended up coming down and landing on his head while he was getting up.

How he did it I'll never know to this day.

The only time in my life I've seen Leicester and Leeds fans all laughing together at an incident during a match, it was worth the admission fee itself.

Archived