Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Bits of sublime skill you've seen in a City game

Bit of a random one this but I thought I'd start it anyway.

I was thinking last night of examples of real skill I've seen in a City game (whether it be a City player or one of the opposition players) over the years.

One of the ones that has always stood out for me was in a game at Filbert Street when we were playing Man Utd ( I can't for the life of me remember when?) and Bryan Robson was in a corner of the pitch surrounded by three of our players when he suddenly did something with his feet (I still don't know what), skipped round our three defenders and got his cross in.

Other examples were the Bergkamp goal, Nalis's strike, Heskey's back flick to an incoming Claridge and Izzett's volley against Grimsby?

What are the best bits of sublime skill you've seen in a City game? Better still, post the videos if you have them.

Astrit Ajdarevic did something magical with his first touch against Carlisle. Some sort of hypnotic Cruyff turn whilst last man with two players closing him down.

Other than that I guess a few different touches from Knocky this season have been class (notably against Brighton when he was clearly doing it to take the piss and see how angry that short, fat, bald Egyptian bellend of a defender they have got).

I always remember as a kid Ruud van Nistelrooy hit a ball so hard with no back lift or swing or anything on the volley. Not necessarily a piece of skill but it was bloody good. He missed (just) but he hit the fúcker so hard I barely even saw where it ended up.

Barry Hayles (yes him) at Millwall away 2009. We're winning 1-0 with about 15 left, Barry comes off the bench, first time he gets the ball he does a Maradona drag-turn thing before skinning two more players on the wing. Then, like a boss, just passed it back 5 yards to a midfielder.

Roger davies clean through on goal, keeper to beat from about 12 yards, then trod on the ball and fell over like a sack of sh1t. Never seen anyone else pull this off since!!

I remember someone going clear, beating the keeper with the shot only for the ball to get stuck in mud before crossing the goaline! No idea who or when but reckon i must have been pretty young so a good few years ago!

Knocky against Brighton earlier on the season. Had a 10 minute spell where every time he got the ball he did a trick. One in particular where he flicked his foot round the back of his other and passed it down the line. One of the Brighton defenders (El Abd) I think got the right arse with him and squared up to him lol

bergkamps goal.

muzzys volley against spurs was technically almost perfect.

joey from the half way line.

other than that i'm sad to say there are very rarely flashes of brilliance from the boys in blue.

Steve Guppy and that beautiful turn on the Derby defenders! I believe it was on the opening credits to FIFA stars it was that good!

Steve Guppy and that beautiful turn on the Derby defenders! I believe it was on the opening credits to FIFA stars it was that good!

So good it's worth posting twice lol

Archived