Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Bits of sublime skill you've seen in a City game

Zsolt Lazsko - hungarian winger we had on trial absolutely destroyed Coventry (i think we won 4-0) about 5 seasons ago. It was like watching Ronaldo with the amount of step overs and back heel flicky flick flicks. Probably the best debut i've seen from a player - he was bloody awful after that.

Zsolt Lazsko - hungarian winger we had on trial absolutely destroyed Coventry (i think we won 4-0) about 5 seasons ago. It was like watching Ronaldo with the amount of step overs and back heel flicky flick flicks. Probably the best debut i've seen from a player - he was bloody awful after that.

Think it was a loan for 3 months...

Bergkamps wonder goal against us and guppy's magical bit of skill that is so confusing to watch i still don't know what he did!

Very poor defending that is if you ask me. Good skill but seen better.

Being the age I am, Knockaert stands out like a sore thumb. He alone could probably fill my top five moments.

in that case Dan then you've truly not lived if Knockaert is the best you've seen.

and to be pedantic yes we had Zsolt on loan (with Gabor Bori!?!?!??!?!) and we won 2-0. Barry Hayles netted in the last minute with an effort that barely trickled over the line

I remember someone going clear, beating the keeper with the shot only for the ball to get stuck in mud before crossing the goaline! No idea who or when but reckon i must have been pretty young so a good few years ago!

There was a game against Man City in our first Prem season we won 1-0 (Mark Robins) on a rain soaked pitch where that happened.

Guest bss9401

Some more distant memories: Julian's FA cup goal v Barnsley. Then there was the great Lawrie Cunningham v Man poo tearing them apart. Many brilliant touches and runs that day. An Alan Smith 20 yard header into the top corner. Many Kevin Pooooole saves were astonishing. Then I recall Mark Venus hitting a bullet volley into the top corner v Swindon to complete a turnaround to win 3-2 from being 2-0 down with 8 minutes left. I remember David Oldfield beating 5 players going the wrong way (including 2 of our own) then running the ball out of play and falling flat on his face. Steve Thommo's finish v Swindon at Wembley was quality.

Knockaert's bit of skill followed by a beautfiul curling goal against Huddersfield was pretty special this season.

I also remember Matty Fryatt going on a mazy run from his own half only to have his shot cleared off the line by Van Aanholt against Newcastle a few seasons ago as well.

Very poor defending that is if you ask me. Good skill but seen better.

Being the age I am, Knockaert stands out like a sore thumb. He alone could probably fill my top five moments.

Dan , I was there mate, fantastic night and if I'm ever pressed on best goal I've seen live it's always between that and Muzzys overhead! The pure skill and sublime finish was the thing that made it look like bad defending, believe me it was not!

Julian Joachim's goal Vs Portsmouth in the playoffs at the City Ground

Yes it was down to speed, but poking a ball between defenders of that quality then beating them to it and slotting it past the keeper

Julian Joachim's goal Vs Barnsley at Oakwell, I think in the FA Cup, lovely long range goal with the outside of his foot

Oh man, look at our fans celebrate.... standing!

Speedie's cracker Vs Bolton

Knocky's 2nd goal at Huddersfield away

Most of Muzzy Izzet's touches - he was class, & of course that overhead kick

Most things Mark Draper did, he was a box of tricks!

Bergkamp's goal in the 3-3 draw

Philippe Albert, for Newcastle on our first home game in the Premier League, in '94 I think - he absolutely took the piss with every touch

credit to Knocky for some luvly stuff.However going back a bit Kieth Weller volley goal direct from a corner ,Frank Worthington virtually every week and remember Mike Newell doing a lovely turn away from his man simple but very effective .

Dan , I was there mate, fantastic night and if I'm ever pressed on best goal I've seen live it's always between that and Muzzys overhead! The pure skill and sublime finish was the thing that made it look like bad defending, believe me it was not!

lol

Dans a good bloke, but he's talking out his arris on the Bergkamp goal.

I was there too in the main stand and almost couldn't believe what I'd seen.

His was the best performance I think I've ever seen live and oh! What a game..

Izzet's goal at Grimsby was special, really special. I remember some of my Grimsby supporting mates at the time raving about it as the best they'd ever seen at Blundell Park. Had Rooney or Ronaldo scored that it'd be rightly deified.

I agree with Finners' post that Knockaert basically spent the first half of the season humiliating the Championship, I miss that Tony. His goals at Huddersfield were utterly peerless, their fans must have wondered what the hell we'd bought.

Guppy ripping Derby to shreds wasn't unpleasant either.

Mark robins goal at Ipswich in league cup quarters en route to Wembley. Richard sneekes hit the angle between bar and post and the ball getting stuck in it.

A brilliant chip by Mancini into muzzy v Chelsea in a home game under Tater peeler. .

Archived