Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

Do you now believe in Miracles?

Irrespective of what happens in the play-offs, yesterday will surely become an integral part of the history and folklore of LCFC that will be talked about for years and years. Right from the day last June when the fixtures were first released, it has been a focus of attention and conjecture throughout the season - the last match, away, and at Forest. But having read umpteen possible scenarios on this and other message boards over the last ten months, I defy anyone to have predicted what actually occured - a season that went down not just to the wire but to the last second of added time and not only that, but the dream could have been shattered if Bolton had scored in the five minutes added time at the Reebok. So did you Keep the Faith? And yesterday was a prime example that Foxes Never Quit. So do you now believe in Miracles? Yes! We are going up!

Last month, I posted about it being written in stars...

When Chelsea won the European Cup last season, Gary Neville was saying 'its written in the stars'. He said that every time I watched them, because they were getting dominated but still managed to win - they somehow beat Barcelona, for example, and even Messi missed a penalty.

So, we could/should have been out of it so many times this season. When we lost, most of the teams around us also lost points. Last week is a good example. We still had a chance of getting in the play offs this time yesterday, after our ridiculous poor form. Add that together with the fact that we hadn't won at the City Ground since the '70s (I think) and I always had a little bit of faith it was going to be our day yesterday.

I just think it is written in stars. Maybe the Palace final on the 27th again like everyone has been saying all season? Don't know, we have to beat Watford first, but I'm just pleased to be sat he knowing we have a one in four chance of getting promoted.

Miracles is word that's been banded around all too much with this. Whilst quite unlikely (I'm not sure in fact which was the least likely, us winning there or Bolton failing to win) but everyone should know that's how football is. How many times do you do an accumulator which gets fckued up by two 'dead cert' teams letting you down?

Miracles is word that's been banded around all too much with this. Whilst quite unlikely (I'm not sure in fact which was the least likely, us winning there or Bolton failing to win) but everyone should know that's how football is. How many times do you do an accumulator which gets fckued up by two 'dead cert' teams letting you down?

When do things like this ever happen to us though?

OK, years ago, before my time, ever since I've been going we've always been a fairly decent side (bar one spell) but never produces the absolute magic, yesterday we really did do that for the first time since I've been going. It was absolutely amazing and there's no ounce of realism that'll make me play it down. That kind of thing was exactly why I don't like missing games, I'd have been completely sick to miss that.

When do things like this ever happen to us though?

OK, years ago, before my time, ever since I've been going we've always been a fairly decent side (bar one spell) but never produces the absolute magic, yesterday we really did do that for the first time since I've been going. It was absolutely amazing and there's no ounce of realism that'll make me play it down. That kind of thing was exactly why I don't like missing games, I'd have been completely sick to miss that.

They never do in fairness.

A Miracle is defined as

• A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is considered to be divine.
  • A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Well, it was pleasantly surprising and it was most certainly welcome. Given the way we have played since the trouncing of Huddersfield and given the overwhelming generosity we have afforded to our opponents since then,, going out of our way to give them points whilst at the same time those teams around us have also shown similar generosity to their opponents is surely totally inexplicable, defying all rational and logical explanationn We must therefore conclude that what has occured must by definition be an act of God. Given also that it was in 1972 that we last won at Forest it could be justifiable to say that a win yesterday was highly improbable, it was certainly extraordinary and a fantastic accomplishment. In a word , it was a MIRACLE

Miracles? Just can't see this happening. :nono: The fates were with us Saturday, but when it comes to the crunch, well, we just can't cut it. Far too inconsistent.

Hope I'm wrong.

Well you lasted 24 hours without putting a miserable spin on it. Must've been hard work

hate to mention it but how are we going to progress from here in ie.beat watford.These will be completely different games .Nugent and Wood still looking a bit pedestrian.However Knocky making better decisions on the ball from a free role.Some important decisions for the management<br />

<p>

A Miracle is defined as

• A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is considered to be divine.
  • A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment Well, it was pleasantly surprising and it was most certainly welcome. Given the way we have played since the trouncing of Huddersfield and given the overwhelming generosity we have afforded to our opponents since then,, going out of our way to give them points whilst at the same time those teams around us have also shown similar generosity to their opponents is surely totally inexplicable, defying all rational and logical explanationn We must therefore conclude that what has occured must by definition be an act of God. Given also that it was in 1972 that we last won at Forest it could be justifiable to say that a win yesterday was highly improbable, it was certainly extraordinary and a fantastic accomplishment. In a word , it was a MIRACLE

Great post as usual Stocky..

:thumbup:

Guest ttfn

Seriously, what were the latest pre-match odds on offer against us getting into the top six? Best? Poorest? Who bet and won?

7/1.

Archived