Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

It's not only a game!

When  some of you young bucks go through the pain of losing close family members then you will realise it IS only a game....Its okay though...cos when i was young and carefree football WAS the be all of life....Its just how it is...Blue Army!

I'm 42 and have known loss like most people I am sure.  But to many people football IS life, or a huge part of it anyway.  It is the thing that they go back to week after week, see the same people, the same club, year in year out.  It is the subject of conversation in pubs and round dinner tables, at work.  It is a faith identical to religion (including the wars) and is the ever-present familiar good (or bad) in our lives as we go through our ever-changing fortunes.  As friends, family and partners come and go we cling to it like a life raft; it provides security and hope whether it be through a cup run, the dream of the top flight or the relief of avoiding relegation.  It allows us the therapy of releasing our emotions in a way that nothing else in life does, and that is not afforded to non-sports fans:  how many times does anyone ever scream and yell with joy (or despair) about anything else?  So when something monumentally shocking happens in our football lives of course it has a huge and profound impact.  I'm devastated by the nature of this loss, I'm in a period of grieving and I'm not afraid to say so...

It is a game , yes , but it can ruin my weekend , leave me mardy with the missus and unable to watch any kind of football for the weekend.......................................... Ive not watched  match of the day much since february. :(

Its sad but thats the way it is with me

However if we win im up all saturday night watching the football league show and then the missus  is mardy with me !! lol

When my mum passed away 14 years ago, it was a way of me and my brother to get my dad out and to take his mind (and ours) off the dreadful time we were going through.

Leicester was, and still is, the biggest common denominator between us.

My dad is 83 now and lives and breathes Leicester City, he still went to about 8 home games last season and is still mad for it even though he struggles a bit.

I wish I could stop my obsession with LCFC but I don't think I can.

The last couple of days have hurt like Hell - worst 30 seconds ever(apart from the above) but I guess I'll be back for more next year.

What else is there to do?

I hate this phrase!

I mean YES obviously its just football and its not important in the big scheme of things but no need for people to like "get over it, its only a game"..I mean its not like were thinking someones died but christ understand the passion.

Does really get on my nervs.

Archived