Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

It's not only a game!

There's not much that will make yesterday any easier to digest. Only the fact that, it wasn't the final, and that penalty wasn't the one that would have got us promoted.

If have to be put on suicide watch if that happened.

Very true!

things that happened yesterday....

Turkey_Explosion.JPEG-0ecc9.jpg

article-2323326-19BD75A9000005DC-335_634

It is you know.

Oh FFS, yes - bad things happen in the world, we're all well aware of that. We don't need any smug people coming on here telling us that we shouldn't give a shit if we've gone out of the playoffs because something worse is happening somewhere else.

Yes it hurts but there more important things in life, but what my partner said to me hurt!

When we lost she said "oh well you can come shopping with us in Leicester now!" Which is planned for 27th May

How cruel can it be?

Football to me is way more than just a game. Otherwise, the emotions that it gives everytime the team walk out onto that pitch just wouldnt exist. Its an absolutely exhausting rollercoaster of ups and downs. I couldnt have felt more down yesterday after that. It was such a cruel way of losing. On the otherhand, after Forest away, I was absolutely buzzing for days. My mum thought we had a resident wasp in the room.

My point is its not as simple as "its just a game". For many fans it dominates 10 months of the year. You can guarentee at some point there will be  absolute heartbreak and at other times there will be jubilation. Call of duty is just a game, football is a way of life

It is more than a game. If it wasnt it wouldnt dominate peoples lives, affect their whole day, weekend or week.

I feel i have nothing to focus on now nothing to  look forward to, quite the opposite to how i felt after Forest.

Hate the season ending especially in the way it did. Literally have nothing to do now, sort of feel lost.

To say is only a game is crazy. If it was people certainly wouldnt care as much

It is more than a game. If it wasnt it wouldnt dominate peoples lives, affect their whole day, weekend or week.

I feel i have nothing to focus on now nothing to  look forward to, quite the opposite to how i felt after Forest.

Hate the season ending especially in the way it did. Literally have nothing to do now, sort of feel lost.

To say is only a game is crazy. If it was people certainly wouldnt care as much

Get a girlfriend? :whistle:

things that happened yesterday....

Turkey_Explosion.JPEG-0ecc9.jpg

article-2323326-19BD75A9000005DC-335_634

It is you know.

I know this is gonna sound harsh, but I'm gonna say it

The stuff that goes on in other countries doesn't cause the emotion that yesterday did. I wouldn't cry because somewhere something bad happened, I'd be respectful, but it doesn't cause the emotion that any football game could.

And for many other foxes, I doubt something happening in Africa would cause the same emotion as yesterday did

Some people don't understand what Leicester city means to some fans, that's what separates the supporters (who follow) and us fans.

Sorry but football is more than just a game for me, it affects my mood, how I am with people and will especially affect me today as I have an exam in 3 hours and the deflation and heartbreak yesterday makes me not care about doing well!

Oh FFS, yes - bad things happen in the world, we're all well aware of that. We don't need any smug people coming on here telling us that we shouldn't give a shit if we've gone out of the playoffs because something worse is happening somewhere else.

Fvck you.. the title says its not only a game.. im gutted, we all are.. but, its just a fking game

My Dad passed away on Christmas Day. He was 88, and his time had come, so although it was hugely sad, it wasn't a tragedy. On Boxing Day we were grinding out a draw at Hull. I felt numb at my loss, but what did I do even though my family was around me? I listened to the game on Radio Leicester? Of course I did.

Leicester were a huge part of my Dad's life, my life, and now my son's life. We all know it is daft to some extent. but at least it shows we really believe in something, and that we can be really loyal to something that kicks us in the teeth more often that it rewards us.

It is very much part of our lives, of what defines us. Nothing to be ashamed of, frankly, even if many, even those who know us well, think we're daft!

In three hours time, I will have had a smalll tumor chopped out of my hand and will spend the next week or so waiting for the biopsy to come through. Disappointed as I am about yesterday, I know which result my kids and I are really hoping goes our way - and it's not the one from yesterday. You need to get out and about a bit more, methinks.

Good luck!

Fvck you.. the title says its not only a game.. im gutted, we all are.. but, its just a fking game

Because it's not 'only a game' for a lot of people and when you come on here telling them how they should feel about something important to them, posting pictures of tragedies in other countries, it makes you come off as a smug arsehole.

I know this is gonna sound harsh, but I'm gonna say it

The stuff that goes on in other countries doesn't cause the emotion that yesterday did. I wouldn't cry because somewhere something bad happened, I'd be respectful, but it doesn't cause the emotion that any football game could.

And for many other foxes, I doubt something happening in Africa would cause the same emotion as yesterday did

Some people don't understand what Leicester city means to some fans, that's what separates the supporters (who follow) and us fans.

Sorry but football is more than just a game for me, it affects my mood, how I am with people and will especially affect me today as I have an exam in 3 hours and the deflation and heartbreak yesterday makes me not care about doing well!

Well chap you need to dig in and give your exam your best shot. When you get the result we'll already have won the first three games of next season and you'll be back on the rollercoaster. Good luck later

Because it's not 'only a game' for a lot of people and when you come on here telling them how they should feel about something important to them, posting pictures of tragedies in other countries, it makes you come off as a smug arsehole.

nope.. i put that pic up, because i think there are far worse things. and the same way that the op says its more than a game... IMO its not.

Well chap you need to dig in and give your exam your best shot. When you get the result we'll already have won the first three games of next season and you'll be back on the rollercoaster. Good luck later

Cheers mate! It's a good job I'm only resitting to get an A! Hopefully you're right about winning!

nope.. i put that pic up, because i think there are far worse things. and the same way that the op says its more than a game... IMO its not.

Far worse things to OTHER PEOPLE, not US! That picture means fa compared to us losing to ME

Although Im sure the circumstances behind that picture are sad for the people who are affected, what has that got to do with us exactly? I dont feel real emotion towards it because, without meaning to sound harsh, its not my problem. If we felt sad everytime something remotely bad happened,especially on the other side of the world, we would be suicidal wrecks by now. Leicester City is however a massive part of my life. It always has been and I really do care about the club. So when it all goes wrong and someone comes along and says it doesnt matter its just a game, that pisses me off.

Although Im sure the circumstances behind that picture are sad for the people who are affected, what has that got to do with us exactly? I dont feel real emotion towards it because, without meaning to sound harsh, its not my problem. If we felt sad everytime something remotely bad happened,especially on the other side of the world, we would be suicidal wrecks by now. Leicester City is however a massive part of my life. It always has been and I really do care about the club. So when someone comes along and says it doesnt matter its just a game, that pisses me off.

Here here

Have to say - I was about to post something similar. I know it is only a game but will naturally mean more or less to certain people. That doesn't mean I am comparing yesterdays loss to the Boston Bombings, soldiers dying, getting cancer etc.

However it is infuriating when people say stuff like 'it's only a game' 'cheer up' 'could have been worse'. People need time to vent their anger and come to terms with the reality that a complete season, a lot of money spent and the full emotional spectrum, experienced in the minute between having a penalty to go through to the final, and losing a goal on the break to be knocked out of the play-offs!

That is a huge swing and people would be foolish to belittle anyone's reaction. Things could always be worse and things are naturally put into perspective given time. 

There are far worse things like people eating meat, yeh?

Maybe it's because you live on the other side of the world, but it's ridiculous to me to think a fan wasn't emotionally involved. I was gobsmacked yesterday, completely broken.

The cow who had the nerve to say that to the OP really could do with a good slap. It just shows you what kind of 'fans' got tickets for yesterday. Regardless of whether there are things that are more important, not understanding that a fellow fan is emotionally raw just after we've conceded a heartbreaking goal is astonishing.

I don't walk around every day punching the air in delight because someone I know hasn't died. Normal life doesn't have the constant changing in emotions that football has.

And as others have said, I'm not going to feel personally involved with someone I don't know. People die every single day, it's a normal occurence. Why would I be emotional about that when it's not relevant to me?

People who say it's just a game have a dim view on life. If all that matters is living and dying then we're just a bunch of pointless animals with no real value. You have to have passions in your life, things that stimulate your mind, which make you feel human, which give you an identity.

Football pisses me off most of the time and I have fallen out of love with it a lot recently, but frankly, it's one of the very few things that I can't stop giving a shit about. It's always been a part of my life.

When you think about it, there are a lot less important things that people lose their rag about day after day.

That's ridiuclous, you can't stop yourself from feling emotions because it's not as bad as something worse happening.

I suppose if one of my friends gets beaten up, I shouldn't get upset because at least they're not dead. Or if I lose my job, I shouldn't get upset because at least no-one's died? Or if one of my family's died of a heart attack, I shouldn't get upset, because at least they weren't murdered?

It's a ridiculous way to view things and it's not up to anyone to tell anyone else how they should or shouldn't feel about anything - you're going to feel that way regardless. When someone says something like 'it's just a game' or 'it's not life or death' all they're really doing is belittling your emotions and making you feel bad, while trying to make themselves feel emotionally superior.

If someone turned round to me and told me it was 'only a game' or it wasn't 'life or death' the first thing I'd say is 'I don't recall asking for your opinion, and what business is it of yours how I react to a football game?' and that would be followed up by 'Now **** off, and leave me alone'

This as well.

I get pissed off if I lose a game of monopoly.

Yeah, it is just a game, and it's not comparable to actual tragedies, but it doesn't mean it's not something you can get annoyed about. If someone gives you grief about it, walk into their house and smash their Xbox (or other comparable item) and say "it's just a game".

Archived