Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

It's not only a game!

Freeman's Wharfer, BayFox and Harpenden (amongst others) - perfect posts.  Thanks for summing up what so many of us feel.  Devastating loss but we'll all be back, because we can't help it.  It's in the blood. 

It's not a matter of life or death, and we all have more in life to worry about.

But It's not just a game, if it was why does it put me in a bad mood when we lose.

Its probably more of an addiction, because no matter how much we get fed up, and don't like what we see, we can't help but get a fix and go back for more.

Freeman's Wharfer, BayFox and Harpenden (amongst others) - perfect posts.  Thanks for summing up what so many of us feel.  Devastating lost but we'll all be back, because we can't help it.  It's in the blood.

I feel I should add, that Leicester City is also something that can cheer you up and help, when other things around you are going a bit tits up.

As gutted as I am at the minute and I'm not sure I ever want to see that last minute or so ever again, I'm am proud of everyone in blue that was at Watford yesterday. The fans were excellent, the players for the most part gave everything, knocky looked gutted, nugent looked gutted and knackered.

I'm loud and proud. But I feel the genuine hope of a day out on the 27th is a bitter pill to swallow, but yesterday was great in it's own way, bar the result and although peoples health and well being is more important of course, but LCFC contributes to my health, maybe not in the stress and the drink, but it can help you forget and raise a smile.

Right my last reply on this as its getting silly...I've had a ST for 20odd years..I've seen victory are Wembley and cup win at hilksborough...I've seen relegation at stoke and defeats at Wembley and play off defeats yday and at cardif...i was devastated yday...but i can distinguish it from my family and home life in a way it doesn't effect my health!!!..i realise its football...you enjoy and cherish the victory and deal with defeat ...hope some of you can enjoy the summer ....gonna see the highlights now on east mids now..just hope Kylie pentilow is on

Yesterday after we conceded, some woman behind me starting going mental at me screaming and shouting in my face because I was going mad cause we lost it

One comment that sticks in my mind is 'its only a game ffs'

How do these 'fans' manage to get tickets?! Fvck me! Football is more than a game, especially when MY club is concerned!

End of rant

Woman

My girlfriend said this to me after full time yesterday. I nearly threw her out of my house.

Woman

When I got home yesterday, my mum said "Oh cheer up"

CLEARLY not understanding what this game actually meant.

Woman

Yes it hurts but there more important things in life, but what my partner said to me hurt!

When we lost she said "oh well you can come shopping with us in Leicester now!" Which is planned for 27th May

How cruel can it be?

Woman

Yep. It's only a game. And supporting a team is dependent on a number of arbitrary decisions. No problem with other people getting upset or even crying when things don't go the team's way but I wouldn't expect to be criticised for not joining in. I still consider myself a fan but one who sees football as entertainment and can separate it from real world concerns. It's all just bread and circuses to me

It is only a game. Sure, its part of our life and who are (often a big chunk) but its insignificant compared to people's livelihood. Granted, that was a dumb thing for somebody to say at that time and it hardly helps matters but I think you'll find that you'll enjoy the highs more and deal with the lows better when you learn to put football into perspective.

As a youngen this is my first major heartbreak following city! Besides that night in Cardiff of course! Do any of you old timers have any tips on how to get over it quickly?!

Not an old timer, but alcohol. Alcohol is good for getting over things.

Really don't see how any football fan could say it's just a game. You invest so much, not just time and money, but your heart and soul into the club - endings like the forest and watford matches do more than anything else to affect me - after forest I was positively bouncing off the ceiling, my tab at work took a massive hit giving people free drinks because I was beyond happy while yesterday I was inconsolable. You get your emotions so tightly wrapped with the club, and it isn't just a game, it's a key part of your life. People who don't get that I'd say don't get football.

As a youngen this is my first major heartbreak following city! Besides that night in Cardiff of course! Do any of you old timers have any tips on how to get over it quickly?!

Getting drunk prior to every game helps.

Seriously it gets easier with time. Leicester never do anything easy and if any team has a talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory it's us. However it's never boring being a Leicester fan.

People crying at the final whistle. It isn't life and death as such but it isn't just a game either.

I suppose people have different opinions on football, all I can take from this is that some care about it more than others. Not an insult to anyone btw, just the reality of supporting a club.

it is a game, not 'only' a game, that's what hits a nerve for me. Is it life or death, no. because it is a game does that not mean you are allowed to feel ecstasy when something brilliant happens and feel distraught when something bad happens? 

For me 'a game' is something i would play every now and again, like when we were kids... lets play a game of tag, a game of 5 a side etc etc, that's just a game, yes. Leicester City for a lot of people is a massive part of their life, people spend thousands of pounds season after season to follow ours boys through the highs and lows and people turn around and say 'its only a game', beyond despair 

Best tip tp get over it....get married gett a mortgage and have kids...you wont have too much time to think about what happened yesterday!!!!....until when enjoy your youth....enjoy supporting lcfc cos there will be something to cheer about and watford away will just be a bad memory!!!! Up the city keep the faith fixes never quit and were in it together!!!

Best tip tp get over it....get married gett a mortgage and have kids...you wont have too much time to think about what happened yesterday!!!!....until when enjoy your youth....enjoy supporting lcfc cos there will be something to cheer about and watford away will just be a bad memory!!!! Up the city keep the faith fixes never quit and were in it together!!!

Well I have all those and it still hurts

Well I have all those and it still hurts

i've just got myself a new 5 week old one...maybe that's what you need...loads of shit to clean feeding and burping...

if we're being pedantic, then it IS just a game, nothing more. it's 22 grown men in shorts running around kicking a ball, with their combined weekly wages running into £100,000s. I guess you could take it further and say its a game AND a business, albeit very badly run businesses (100% of turnover spent on player wages!?).

paradoxically I guess, I hate modern football with a passion, I think football is just a stupid game played by rich playboys; all that being said I can't stop reading the forums every day, dragging my dad to as many games as I can and physically walking out of the house when we got the penalty because I couldn't watch it because it meant too much to me! weird.

Archived