Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

It's not only a game!

Yesterday after we conceded, some woman behind me starting going mental at me screaming and shouting in my face because I was going mad cause we lost it

One comment that sticks in my mind is 'its only a game ffs'

How do these 'fans' manage to get tickets?! Fvck me! Football is more than a game, especially when MY club is concerned!

End of rant

In three hours time, I will have had a smalll tumor chopped out of my hand and will spend the next week or so waiting for the biopsy to come through. Disappointed as I am about yesterday, I know which result my kids and I are really hoping goes our way - and it's not the one from yesterday. You need to get out and about a bit more, methinks.

When  some of you young bucks go through the pain of losing close family members then you will realise it IS only a game....Its okay though...cos when i was young and carefree football WAS the be all of life....Its just how it is...Blue Army!

In three hours time, I will have had a smalll tumor chopped out of my hand and will spend the next week or so waiting for the biopsy to come through. Disappointed as I am about yesterday, I know which result my kids and I are really hoping goes our way - and it's not the one from yesterday. You need to get out and about a bit more, methinks.

I hope you get the result you want Sir

:thumbup:

When some of you young bucks go through the pain of losing close family members then you will realise it IS only a game....Its okay though...cos when i was young and carefree football WAS the be all of life....Its just how it is...Blue Army!

What's losing family members got to do with getting upset about football? I've lost two grandparents and a great grandparent in the last 18 months, it's got no bearing on how I feel on days like yesterday.

Football is, and always will be, much more than just a game.

A bit patronising there Raj to the 'young bucks' people lose people at any age.

It's a highly passionate game, you shouldn't critisize people for feeling the pain of a loss and you certainly shouldn't be making comparisons to death and surgery..

What's losing family members got to do with getting upset about football? I've lost two grandparents and a great grandparent in the last 18 months, it's got no bearing on how I feel on days like yesterday.

Football is, and always will be, much more than just a game.

Take it in the context it is....its football...no one has died!

It is only a game, but after a result like yesterday anybody who says that directly after the final whistle deserves a slap.

Yeah i didnt mean to sound patronising...if someone had said that to me after the game i'd have probably slapped them but in the bigger scale of things.....

Take it in the context it is....its football...no one has died!

That's ridiuclous, you can't stop yourself from feling emotions because it's not as bad as something worse happening.

I suppose if one of my friends gets beaten up, I shouldn't get upset because at least they're not dead. Or if I lose my job, I shouldn't get upset because at least no-one's died? Or if one of my family's died of a heart attack, I shouldn't get upset, because at least they weren't murdered?

It's a ridiculous way to view things and it's not up to anyone to tell anyone else how they should or shouldn't feel about anything - you're going to feel that way regardless. When someone says something like 'it's just a game' or 'it's not life or death' all they're really doing is belittling your emotions and making you feel bad, while trying to make themselves feel emotionally superior.

If someone turned round to me and told me it was 'only a game' or it wasn't 'life or death' the first thing I'd say is 'I don't recall asking for your opinion, and what business is it of yours how I react to a football game?' and that would be followed up by 'Now **** off, and leave me alone'

That's ridiuclous, you can't stop yourself from feling emotions because it's not as bad as something worse happening.

I suppose if one of my friends gets beaten up, I shouldn't get upset because at least they're not dead. Or if I lose my job, I shouldn't get upset because at least no-one's died? Or if one of my family's died of a heart attack, I shouldn't get upset, because at least they weren't murdered?

It's a ridiculous way to view things and it's not up to anyone to tell anyone else how they should or shouldn't feel about anything - you're going to feel that way regardless. When someone says something like 'it's just a game' or 'it's not life or death' all they're really doing is belittling your emotions and making you feel bad, while trying to make themselves feel emotionally superior.

If someone turned round to me and told me it was 'only a game' or it wasn't 'life or death' the first thing I'd say is 'I don't recall asking for your opinion, and what business is it of yours how I react to a football game?' and that would be followed up by 'Now **** off, and leave me alone'

That reply was tempting, but she was a woman and there with her husband

I must say from the other side of the world and having never seen City live (and I have been a deadset supporter since I was 7 years of age and I am now 48) I was gutted last night watching from my lounge room - so much so that one of my 3 cats got punted across the room (accidentally) and I actually ripped my City shirt (small tear in reality) during that mad 20 seconds from the penalty onwards. HOWEVER I feel for those 2 thousand City fans at the ground having to endure that live!  It was good to see from the coverage the fans reaching out to the players at the end including Knocky but I still cannot comes to terms with him missing and also the fact he was allowed to take it!

If my Dad died I'd have even more passion for Leicester and I don't think that's possible. Without sounding like a melt, it's about 80% of what we talk about. The film 'Simply Belter' defines it perfectly.

Winds me up when my girlfriend says this to me. It's an identity. Every time I walk up those steps I feel like I'm home. Its Like some Nick Hornby affection, but the Leicester equivalent.

I've got quite a few mates who really like to rille me about Leicester results too, a bit more than what you'd call banter, so again, a lot more is pinned on results for me.

There's not much that will make yesterday any easier to digest. Only the fact that, it wasn't the final, and that penalty wasn't the one that would have got us promoted.

If have to be put on suicide watch if that happened.

Archived