Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

News Of The World

dont know if you lot have seen todays (31/07/05) NOTW Score pullout for the new season, but they have put predictions on where the 92 english proffesional clubs will finish in there respective league. they have put us Foxes in to finish 12th in 2006. is this how bad people think of us? maybe they havent seen our new team in action, or researched our signings but i dont think people realise how good players like Maybury/Hughes/Williams already are, De Vries has everything it needs to be a good striker in this division, we just have to give him a chance i know he can do a job. Connolly is a proven goal scorer and as we saw towards the end of last term he can knock them into the net, just give him some decent service...and with an exceptional midfield (which imo we have) we have nothing to worry about there.From what i saw of Sylla at the milan game he was amazing, all over the place and fighting for everything, making good runs, playing decent balls on the deck just needs to improve on his crossing, but maybe he was having an off night. one woman behind me said "i can see momo sylla handing in a transfer request come xmas saying he doesnt want to play with these dead beats" and i think she was saying he looks well above our level. Danny Tiatto is good but will need to keep calm and be a leading example as captain to the younger lads.our back line maybe young headed now but i believe we have some very mature players there, N-E Johannson goes without saying, prem experience and seems to have the status we needed, anythings better than Dabizas right? i think Pat McCarthy will be an excellent centre half providing he keeps level headed as sometimes i saw him last season he looked like he really wanted to break someones leg and get sent off, by all means get stuck in but we dont need another Tiatto getting banned alot. Alan Maybury has to be the best right back in the division, fast, small, he can cross and hes got a pretty mean right foot grabbing 2 lovely goals for us last term. Peter Gilbert may need a bit of a time to settle in with the squad but from what i've heard he is a very good young player who will help us do what is needed. Rab Douglas in goal i don't think we've got alot to worry about he's played on every stage possible. we also have decent back up on the subs bench with the likes of Dion Dublin being an emergency centre back and can still score goals too, Joey Gudjonsson is as good in midfield as anyone and maybe pushing for a regular spot depending on how things go. Pat Gerrbrand another who may push for a starting place depends on how Levein sees things.Jason Wilcox seems to have done well in pre-season after coming back from injury,he may be one of the older lot but i will wait till i pass judgement on him. Paul Henderson seems to be more than adequate as back up. and yes we need another striker.

so all in all i think the NOTW have got it wrong, i think we'll be pushing for top 4, top 10 easily with not alot to worry about. they also think Palace will win the title and norwich come runners up. wrong, i think Norwich will win it, Wolves 2nd, Palace 3rd. us 4th, PNE 5th and Leeds 6th. it might be close up there but we won't have a dissapointing season like this one.

haha i just remembered, they also think ManUre will finish 2nd behind Chelski, i dont mind Chelski winning the title, its about time someone else got some glory in the prem but man u 2nd? nah it'll be arsenal again for me, i can see liverpool finishing above man u they are nothing but big ego's, donkey faced strikers, diving portugese gimps and arse faced managers.

sorry to go on just my 2 cents. what are your views?!

I agree with most of the things you said, however i still can not see us finishing 4th. 6th is a long shot, anything higher will be unbelievable. We need a striker who will score 25 goals for us this season and if we get that, top 6 will be a distinct possibility :)

i think Man utd have to win SOMETHING this year, hence why the NOTW has predicted them so high, or everyone will blame Glazer and they'll lose fans quickly. :D

so you think if we stick with Conners and De Vries we're fudged?

whatever happened to KEEP THE FAITH?

edit: this was aimed at step

i think Man Utd will go all out to win the F.A Cup but for the prem, theyre well out of it now. no wonder they lose fans 80% of them have never been to manchester.

so you think if we stick with Conners and De Vries we're fudged?

whatever happened to KEEP THE FAITH?

edit: this was aimed at step

i think Man Utd will go all out to win the F.A Cup but for the prem, theyre well out of it now. no wonder they lose fans 80%  of them have never been to manchester.

147352[/snapback]

That phrase went out with Micky Adams ;):rolleyes:

Leicester McCity. Not bad! lol

One thing is for sure...it will be a tough season but if we can be consistent then there is no reason why we cant look for Play-offs. there are a lot of strong teams this season who have spent money and they will be in the top 6. But we can push for the play-offs if we work hard and if the fans stay behind them all the way. I dont want to be booing the team if we arent playing that well in September! if we still arent playing well in December then we should wonder whether CL is doing any better than MA.

We will just have to wait and see....

i don't think not getting a striker would make a big difference. It seems most the teams in the league have the same problem, reading from almost every club they've said they need a striker (obviously except norwich and palace). But obviously i tihnk we'd need one to push for automatic promotion. Without i can still see us getting top 8/7 at worst, levein has made some quality signings as well as a concentrated perspective towards the youth, the trouble is some fans expect well known big names, it's not going to happen, we have a quality squad compared to a fair few in the league.

Being written off by the media and pundits can only be an advantage for us.

I mean last season we were tipped by many to go straight back up, but look what happened.

Being written off doesn't create as much pressure and tension for the team and hopefully come the end of the season, we can give the media the good old V sign.

Being written off by the media and pundits can only be an advantage for us.

I mean last season we were tipped by many to go straight back up, but look what happened.

Being written off doesn't create as much pressure and tension for the team and hopefully come the end of the season, we can give the media the good old V sign.

147571[/snapback]

Agree with you there! The players have heard what the media think, so its now up to them to go out and prove them wrong! its all up to them now, the best we can do is give them 100% support throughout the season.

It's that time of year when pundits dust off their crystal balls, and try and predict something which they haven't a clue about, to be fair.

I take these predictions with a pinch of salt, as Shum says, we were tipped to go back up, but I think if most of us if we're honest would have thought that making the play-off's would be a fantastic achievement. Well, I thought we were going to struggle.... :unsure:

It's that time of year when pundits dust off their crystal balls, and try and predict something which they haven't a clue about, to be fair.

I take these predictions with a pinch of salt, as Shum says, we were tipped to go back up, but I think if most of us if we're honest would have thought that making the play-off's would be a fantastic achievement.  Well, I thought we were going to struggle.... :unsure:

147660[/snapback]

The tabloid nationals even get a group of tipsters all to predict something different just so they can tell us they got it right!

The tabloid nationals even get a group of tipsters all to predict something different just so they can tell us they got it right!

147700[/snapback]

This is true! As long as they get enough permuatations they should be covered, eh? :P

Archived