Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

Levein....

ok so everyone is spouting off at how great Levein is or in some cases how bad he is or even as in Anish's case the wait and see era.....

the club installed Levein to steady the rocking ship that was Leicester City...he has bought talent and experience into the squad....he has bought players that he knows can do the job...la la la..

taking all this into account why dont we all sit back and let the football do the talking.....we dont know how we will start the season or even end it, so lets chill and trust Levein.

If the club have faith in him..its is our duty as fans of Leicester city to respect the clubs decision until they are proved wrong....

ok so everyone is spouting off at how great Levein is or in some cases how bad he is or even as in Anish's case the wait and see era.....

the club installed Levein to steady the rocking ship that was Leicester City...he has bought talent and experience into the squad....he has bought players that he knows can do the job...la la la..

taking all this into account why dont we all sit back and let the football do the talking.....we dont know how we will start the season or even end it, so lets chill and trust Levein.

If the club have faith in him..its is our duty as fans of Leicester city to respect the clubs decision until they are proved wrong....

147957[/snapback]

Well said.

I agree completely, let's let the football do the talking, everything is in place now and we are ready for some action! :)

because we're football fans, getting over excited and slagging the team/manager is what we do

147961[/snapback]

exactly! and as football fans we all have different opinions on things like sticking the kids in or waiting :ph34r: tactics (i don't like leveins leaving the left wing exposed) pies, pre-match and half time entertainment etc its what football is about!

147957[/snapback]

"What do reckon to the new side then then DavieG?"

So far, so good, old boy. Damned fine stop from the penalty, what!

"Yes, I was going to clap there, perhaps even cheer but, well, you do feel a bit self conscious in all this quiet."

Not to worry old boy - it's only til Christmas and, good golly, was that a goal? I do believe the ball is in the Sheffield net. What a turn up 1-0 to us. Do you think it'll wake anyone up if I rattle my football programme?

"Not too hard then, could be infectious and if you're not careful people will be getting off their seat and cheering like in the old days."

Look now, don't get excited but is that the ref waving to the penalty spot?.

"I would certainly hope so. You really can't go kicking people thigh high. And look at that - he's actually punching our man. Just like watching The Tigers it is except that the referee's done something about it."

Serves him right. It really shouldn't be allowed and it makes you feel like leaning forward, that's what it does.

"Now, now, Davie boy, reason in all things. Chill out and watch the penalty.

Good God he's missed. Ball's rebounded. Now it's down the other end and they've scored. One-one. Oh well, draws a fair result otherwise one set of fans or the other would be going home miserable.

" I know we missed a penalty and those three open goals (pass the lemonade will you) but it's early days. Can't expect all the shots to go in and, besides, missing meant the home crowd didn't get all worked up while we were relaxing.

It's like that guy on the forum said. Respect is the key. If CL believes in our centre-forwards and they miss a few open goals then we're duty bound to keep everyone's spirits up by being patient.

"Can't disagree with that DavieG. Doctor said it's doing wonders for my stress levels and, besides, what was there to get all worked up about. Manager certainly did his job. All our players turned up and the goalkeeper remembered to bring his proper jersey...what more can we ask for?

By the way, did you get three across and two down in the Sun crossword...?

Well said.

I agree completely, let's let the football do the talking, everything is in place now and we are ready for some action!  :)

147969[/snapback]

Agreed. I have said this all along. Its all good having the write words for the job but seeing them words being turned into actions if the important thing.

We have to get beind the players and support them all the way. And remember, patience is a virtue, with all good things coming to those who wait...

"Yes, I was going to clap there, perhaps even cheer but, well, you do feel a bit self conscious in all this quiet."

Not to worry old boy - it's only til Christmas and, good golly, was that a goal? I do believe the ball is in the Sheffield net. What a turn up 1-0 to us. Do you think it'll wake anyone up if I rattle my football programme?

"Not too hard then, could be infectious and if you're not careful people will be getting off their seat and cheering like in the old days."

"I would certainly hope so. You really can't go kicking people thigh high. And look at that - he's actually punching our man. Just like watching The Tigers it is except that the referee's done something about it."

Serves him right.  It really shouldn't be allowed and it makes you feel like leaning forward, that's what it does.

Good God he's missed. Ball's rebounded. Now it's down the other end and they've scored. One-one. Oh well, draws a fair result otherwise one set of fans or the other would be going home miserable.

" I know we missed a penalty and those three open goals (pass the lemonade will you) but it's early days. Can't expect all the shots to go in and, besides, missing meant the home crowd didn't get all worked up while we were relaxing.

It's like that guy on the forum said. Respect is the key. If CL believes in our centre-forwards and they miss a few open goals then we're duty bound to keep everyone's spirits up by being patient.

"Can't disagree with that DavieG. Doctor said it's doing wonders for my stress levels and, besides, what was there to get all worked up about. Manager certainly did his job. All our players turned up and the goalkeeper remembered to bring his proper jersey...what more can we ask for?

148047[/snapback]

Just imagining what "sitting back" and "chilling" would do, even to you, DavieG. What on earth would we do if we couldn't get worked up a bit.

Just imagining what "sitting back" and "chilling" would do, even to you, DavieG. What on earth would we do if we couldn't get worked up a bit.

148127[/snapback]

Well some people would say you might live longer without the stress that LCFC always seem to put us under, But I'd settle for some ofO'Neil's cliff-hangers in preference to the shite we had to endure last season were the only enjoyment on offer was to see who could be the biggest, loudest most vociferous moaning git around. I like to think I did quite well ;)

Thracian, with regards to your little soap opera. You seem to have a strong opinion that we won't score any goals this season? But Connolly and de Vries have only played one pre-season game together and got 4 goals between them! So why not base our scoring prowess on that one game and we could be in for a goal frenzy season.

Your basing this on last season, when we under-achieved and with 7 new players coming in and a new striker on their way why wouldn't we play better football and score more goals? We've all established that Levein is doing a great job and for him to do a great job we must improve on alst season, which will bring more goals - self explanitary. Goals win matches, if we don't score then Levein won't be doing a good job and his days will be numbered.

Let's wait and see, i'm optimistic. Even de Vries looks a different player this season, 3 goals in 4 games isn't bad!.

Thracian, with regards to your little soap opera. You seem to have a strong opinion that we won't score any goals this season? But Connolly and de Vries have only played one pre-season game together and got 4 goals between them! So why not base our scoring prowess on that one game and we could be in for a goal frenzy season.

Your basing this on last season, when we under-achieved and with 7 new players coming in and a new striker on their way why wouldn't we play better football and score more goals? We've all established that Levein is doing a great job and for him to do a great job we must improve on alst season, which will bring more goals - self explanitary. Goals win matches, if we don't score then Levein won't be doing a good job and his days will be numbered.

Let's wait and see, i'm optimistic. Even de Vries looks a different player this season, 3 goals in 4 games isn't bad!.

148179[/snapback]

I'm optimistic too, I've every faith in Levein and I'm crossing my fingers for the centre-forwards - but there's no way I'll be sitting back, chilling out and letting the football do the talking if things go wrong.

Consider me a bad loser if you like but I just find it impossible to be philosophical when I'm watching my team get a hammering. It hurts through and through and I tend to let it show.

Hopefully there'll be more celebration than despair this season.

I´m afraid I am not very optimistic. This has not got to be be one of the worst preseasons I can remember. Craig Levein´s comments that all he wants is an improvement on last year is also a bit of a let down.

We shall see. Come on City.

I´m afraid I am not very optimistic. This has not got to be be one of the worst preseasons I can remember. Craig Levein´s comments that all he wants is an improvement on last year is also a bit of a let down.

148406[/snapback]

????

From your previous posts i'd have thought you'd have said it is by far the worst pre-season as you hate anything Leicester do since your slag Adams left. Or is that what you meant, but put 'not' in by accident?

148406[/snapback]

Perhaps he is just trying to keep our hopes down so that we will be pleasantly surprised!!!

(One can always hope...)

:blink:

147957[/snapback]

I agree we should have faith in CL, because he hasnt done anything wrong.

Whilst that is the situation, whats the problem.

I cant imagine any sensible human would have just cause to attack him, but when/IF he makes a mistake, we can do so if it out weighs the good.

I`ll be AMAZED if that happens this season.

Serves him right.  It really shouldn't be allowed and it makes you feel like leaning forward, that's what it does.

148047[/snapback]

The best read ive seen on this site so far!

You couldnt blame CL If dubs or connolly or any other player brought to our club before CL came here, didnt do the business.

It is however his job to make sure we score a goal or ten ;) , but at the moment hes building from the back (pagan knows we NEED to).

Right now, weve sorted our defense out, our midfield is almost complete (kornisbo and hughes to come) and we have one good striker, and a few who might come good in some way or other.

CL has now told us a striker is the final peice in our challenge for premiership football.

Hes done good, i believe he`ll do better.

I don't particularly have any great aspirations for this season, and I think it's a wise stance to adopt. Whilst I think we'll better 15th last season (Which we should) I don't think we'll improve as much as some people expect. I can see us finishing somewhere between 8th-12th, simply because pre season preparations have been disrupted, and I can't see us scoring enough goals to sustain a promotion push.

We'll be solid defensively from open play, but I can see set pieces haunting us. I think Levein is keen to continue adopting zonal marking for these situations, and that worries me. Marking zonally allows opposition players to get a running jump, which gives them the advantage as we painfully witnessed last season. Levein has admitted that this division is much more physical than the SPL.

I don't think it's case of being pessimistic, but more realistic. The problem that faces us is that this season will perhaps be our best chance of promotion. The season after will see another enforced drop in the wage bill, so the ability to track better players will become increasingly hard.

My expectations may change if this new striker is of sufficient quality, but we pretty much know that Connolly/de Vries will be the starting two upfront.

Craig Levein´s comments that all he wants is an improvement on last year is also a bit of a let down.

148406[/snapback]

Hes not guna do what MA did, and say `dont talk to me about top 6, talk to me about top 2`.

He mustve felt a right **** after the preston cup game.

CL isnt that daft.

I can see us finishing somewhere between 8th-12th, simply because pre season preparations have been disrupted, and I can't see us scoring enough goals to sustain a promotion push.

My expectations may change if this new striker is of sufficient quality, but we pretty much know that Connolly/de Vries will be the starting two upfront.

149298[/snapback]

Do you think we`ll only have deep freeze dubs and connolly, all season?

Do you think we`ll only have deep freeze dubs and connolly, all season?

149302[/snapback]

That is Levein's preferred starting duo upfront, irrespective of any new striker he may draft in. Of course, one of Connolly or de Vries could get injured throughout the season (Most likely de Vries based on his previous record) however, if both are fit, then those two will get the go ahead.

Dublin will be there merely as back up, although I can see Levein playing him and de Vries upfront against more physical opposition, although from the games against Celtic and Inter, the partnership simply doesn't work. Neither have any pace to get in behind the back line, and are far too static.

That is Levein's preferred starting duo upfront, irrespective of any new striker he may draft in. Of course, one of Connolly or de Vries could get injured throughout the season (Most likely de Vries based on his previous record) however, if both are fit, then those two will get the go ahead.

Dublin will be there merely as back up, although I can see Levein playing him and de Vries upfront against more physical opposition, although from the games against Celtic and Inter, the partnership simply doesn't work. Neither have any pace to get in behind the back line, and are far too static.

149304[/snapback]

Would you expect craig to have noted the problems you make, and prepare a search for a striker that we need?

Just because we dont have him now, doesnt mean we wont have him in time to do damage.

This is dubs last season, so craig will use him `up` sooner, rather than later, thus giving himself time to find someone suitable.

Let us also not forget that Levein is a funny guy (at least, that was my impression from a conversation I had with him some time ago).

So some of the stuff he says may have to be taken not too literally!

Archived