Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brockmyster

Is FFP as good as made out?

the FFP rules for the premiership kind of include a salary cap. players wages over and above a defined limit must be funded from revenue. i did not know this but there is a thing called 'Premier League Central Funds' which clubs are able to use to cover part of salaries. that will be limited to 4 milion quid a year increase. so if a clubs wages go up 16 million in a year, they can get 4 million from the fund, and 12 million must come from revenue.

Well the bloke who won the Bosman case is going through the European courts with FFP so hopefully it gets thrown out as you're right it is a restriction of trade. Something needs to be done to curb the debt culture in football but not sure this is it given what's happening in the PL. There will be loopholes, I hope the Thai's have got the Triads doing some gigginz

I hope you realize that the Bosman ruling is one of the reasons football is in the mess it is today.

Not really no, it will just make the gap between league and premiership wider. Foreign investment will go to other countries where there arnt restrictions on spending money. Clubs will need to milk their fans for every last drop of revenue regardless of the wealth of the club or its owners.

Completely agree.

With the relegated teams getting parachute money which is exempt from the FFP it means they will always have the stronger squads.

The quality of the rest of the Championship will deteriorate, they'll be no 'marquee' signings (Bellamy, Kuszack, Almunia, Upson, Bridge... Beckford:) so when teams do get promoted they'll be even weaker than they are now and we'll end up with the same 3 teams going up and down season after season. The strong will get stronger and the weak get weaker.

If they're going ahead with it, it should exist for the Premier League too but that will never happen, they will never agree to make the PL a weaker product.... to the detrement of the national team too.

Not that I want this but in theory if we are so close to the FFP limit we can't get in anymore players till some leave.

That must also mean we could not afford to sack NP even if the club wanted to.

His payoff and a new managers wage would push us over the limit.

As a long life fan and football supporter, I’m troubled by the unfairness we’re starting to see across the leagues. Not only is the game being run for an elite few, but with the introduction of the EPPP and FFP, it would appear the game itself has been sold out by the very people we trust to run our game. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with FFP, but the EPPP will result in the lower league clubs being nothing more than feeder clubs to the premiership…. Including those in the championship !!!! Something I think they have been planning for many a year..

It’s not a level playing field anymore (I know some would say it hasn’t been for a while).. And we, the true fans of the football league must resign ourselves that our club(s) will find it harder and harder  or impossible to reach those dizzy premiership heights..

Yes, the premiership is a fantastic league, arguably the best in the world, but this is to the detriment to the rest of us.. They simply don’t want to share the big cake fairly ….!

There are ways to level things of course, but I don’t think Turkey’s (Premiership) will vote for Christmas, and the FA isn't in a strong enough position to make a difference. They can only pander to a very money rich premiership cartel..

I can see the demise of many a football club through fans becoming disillusioned with this state of affairs.  I for one wouldn't want my highlight of the year to be a cup draw against one of the elite, or wining the capital one cup (One for Coventry here :) )... Even if we get to the promised Land, do you really want to be battling and struggling every week.. just trying to stay there..! Not me , I want a chance of winning the FA cup, League Cup, getting into Europe, or even the premiership…. Fat chance.. ! The new rules appear to make this even less likely …

On a positive note… I thought last year’s championship was one of the best ever … And I very much look forward to the coming season with anticipation and excitement… I just hope those with the power to affect the game do so for everyone’s benefit …

As a long life fan and football supporter, I’m troubled by the unfairness we’re starting to see across the leagues. Not only is the game being run for an elite few, but with the introduction of the EPPP and FFP, it would appear the game itself has been sold out by the very people we trust to run our game. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with FFP, but the EPPP will result in the lower league clubs being nothing more than feeder clubs to the premiership…. Including those in the championship !!!! Something I think they have been planning for many a year..

It’s not a level playing field anymore (I know some would say it hasn’t been for a while).. And we, the true fans of the football league must resign ourselves that our club(s) will find it harder and harder or impossible to reach those dizzy premiership heights..

Yes, the premiership is a fantastic league, arguably the best in the world, but this is to the detriment to the rest of us.. They simply don’t want to share the big cake fairly ….!

There are ways to level things of course, but I don’t think Turkey’s (Premiership) will vote for Christmas, and the FA isn't in a strong enough position to make a difference. They can only pander to a very money rich premiership cartel..

I can see the demise of many a football club through fans becoming disillusioned with this state of affairs. I for one wouldn't want my highlight of the year to be a cup draw against one of the elite, or wining the capital one cup (One for Coventry here :) [/size])... Even if we get to the promised Land, do you really want to be battling and struggling every week.. just trying to stay there..! Not me , I want a chance of winning the FA cup, League Cup, getting into Europe, or even the premiership…. Fat chance.. ! The new rules appear to make this even less likely …[/size]

On a positive note… I thought last year’s championship was one of the best ever … And I very much look forward to the coming season with anticipation and excitement… I just hope those with the power to affect the game do so for everyone’s benefit …

Though I disagree with FFP I agree with most of what you're saying. The fa have no power while the top clubs don't want competition. And I know people go on about football being a business now but for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon (ha ha) it's a sport though I'm starting to believe that some clubs see this as a small part of their business dominance and wish to crush as much of the opposition as they can therefore securing their market leader status for as long as possible. Football is a sport, firstly and lastly and this is why football clubs and their business exist, and sport needs good competition to prevent it going stagnant, gates are falling across all leagues in England, fans are becoming disillusioned with the game while competition and fairness disappear. Power needs to be taken away from the top clubs and shared in equal interest across all leagues. Eppp, FFP west am moving into orients catchment area are all examples of the fa favouring the big clubs when they should represent the interests of all clubs regardless of size. I used to hate the idea of a European super league, now I'd welcome it, clear off the bigger greedy clubs into their midweek tv fantasy and return football to what it was, because at the minute the premier league is piss poor. Two teams fighting to win it, a few more striving to finish in the top four while the rest scrap it out over relegation too scared to commit to the domestic cups in case it damages their survival chances.

Instead of clubs over here trying to milk every penny to make up for lost money, why not cut back on signing over-rated over-hyped mercenaries and start investing into long term plans with youth players trained up to a level where they will succeed.

I think I could probably live with England's sides doing shit in the 'Champions' League (not that they already don't) for a few years if we come back stronger like they have in other countries.

What annoys me about this FFP is that clubs like QPR and Wigan are exempt due to failure and for not being good enough for the Premiership,but get to have a 2nd bite of the cherry

Archived