Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City XI To Contest Westerby Cup v Coalville Town.

City XI To Contest Westerby Cup

Posted: Thu 11 Jul 2013

Author: Leicester City

Image by: Plumb Images

A Leicester City XI will take on Coalville Town in the Westerby Cup Winners’ Cup Final on Wednesday 31 July at the Owen Street Sports Ground.

Coalville booked their place in the Westerby Challenge Cup winners’ annual meeting with the Foxes with a 2-1 win over Loughborough Dynamo at King Power Stadium in May.

The match is likely to see City represented by a youthful squad, with members of Steve Beaglehole’s highly-rated under-21 group set to form the core of the travelling party, potentially alongside first team squad players and youngsters from the Foxes Youth Team.

Not only did Beaglehole’s squad take the Development League Two North crown last season, but they also ended the 2012/13 campaign on a high by taking the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens title and will be hoping to regain the Westerby Cup Winners’ Cup ahead of their new league season.

Kick-off for the fixture is scheduled for 7.30pm at Owen Street Sports Ground (LE67 3DA) with minimum entry prices set at £7 for Adults and £3 for Concessions/OAPs.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/110713-city-xi-to-contest-westerby-cup-907303.aspx?#lwVEjyJpf1YsGg2P.99

Ha I arranged our meeting with our mortgage broker that same night. Owen St is literally round the corner from me. I'll be going up the back on to the hills above to watch. **** paying £7

I'm sure your local non-league club appreciates your generosity.

Archived