Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Lp player with USB

Anyone got one?

Thinking I might get one for my old man, had a good look around and prices and reviews clearly vary. Obviously sound is king so wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I tried one of the plug and record USB LP players and it was shockingly crap, recorded really quietly, sound lacked depth and quality unless the sound is being amped they are usless. A USB preamp or as rocket Ron said a sound card is the best solution that is if he already has a decent player

Think you would be better with an external USB sound card to be honest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-low-latency-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

Plug the RCA cables into your amp and the USB cable into your computer

I prefer this configuration http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-9900-50765-00-Audiophile-2496/dp/B00006I5H5/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1374660651&sr=1-3&keywords=rca+cable+soundcard

I have never heard any good things about USB turntables.

For you to be thinking of getting a turntable he must have records to play on it. If he has records then he may have a turntable. If so get a soundcard and something like Sony Soundforge to record them with.

Thanks guys, his turntable broke which i why i was looking at the USB ones. Wasn't aware of being able to use soundcards so i'll look into that!

And yes he has lots and lots of vinyl!!!  :blink:

I have a USB player, and to be honest if it wasnt present I probably wouldn't have it. As a stand alone player it's fine, but the USB recordings aren't the best. I'd go, as said above, with a decent player and external USB soundcard thing.

Archived