Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

In for the long haul?

If he does well, great. If he performs poorly, stick with him until we can replace with a better candidate. Sacking him and then thinking about who we need to replace him would be the worst idea. If they're going to get rid, I'd want them to st least have an idea about who they're going to replace him with.

This - the number of times (and not just us) managers get sacked because of bad results, but there's been no thought given to what happens next.

I'm always in for the long haul. Why would I ever think less of my beloved City? As for managers, changing them is a lottery. Very few managers have been successful at every single club they've been to.

I think most fans will understand the restrictions with how Pearson has to work now. I think it's good that a lot of us have quite low expectations because we actually have a decent squad. I think we could get in the promotion places, but also on the other hand I don't. I'm going into this season confused really, I have no clue what to expect. This was one of the reasons I made a thread about everyone's expectations a few weeks ago. I'm up for backing Pearson because he was apart of one of my best times as a fan and not only that I'm tired of us playing constant switch with the manager. I'm in it for the long haul

I believe his contract won't be renewed whatever the outcome of this season.

Personally, I'd like a change in our system. Wether that is Pearson's attempt at 5-3-2(3-5-2) or a new manager with a new style of play I'm not fussed.

I just don't want any of the "punt to the big man" football as it is never exciting to watch as a fan. (Regardless of if it is successful)

He'll still want to succeed, whether he knows he's leaving or not. He's still got his own reputation to think of, and when he leaves, he'll want to put himself in the frame for vacancies at bigger clubs, surely?

So true relegation on his cv would look great.

Archived