Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

In for the long haul?

You do talk a load of bollocks. If he was to get us promoted I could guarentee he'll be offered a new contract, guarenteed. 

We will have to wait and imo I don't think the Thais would, because he is hardly a proven prem manager and they would probably opt out for one, because NP isn't experienced enough it may seem harsh but that is the type of decision ruthless businessmen make and that is what they are otherwise they wouldn't be successful in their line of work.

Anyway he has still has to achieve promotion and lets hope he does.

If, as some (but by no means all), are predicting..we have a poor start to the season, how long will people give it before they start to get really pissed-off?

I don't ask this flippantly and who knows, we could have a strong start.

But personally, I think we could well start slowly and then get better over the course of the season. Almost like an opposite to last season.

But will people give it time? Especially if Nige tries the 5-3-2 and it doesn't prove fruitful immediately.

I know its hypothetical, but I'm genuinely interested in whether posters on here are 'in for the long haul' or whether many will be ventilating straightaway if we don't start strongly.

Opinions please...

I'll be in it for the long haul. I won't turn on the manager or team unless things are a total disaster.

We will have to wait and imo I don't think the Thais would, because he is hardly a proven prem manager and they would probably opt out for one, because NP isn't experienced enough it may seem harsh but that is the type of decision ruthless businessmen make and that is what they are otherwise they wouldn't be successful in their line of work.

Anyway he has still has to achieve promotion and lets hope he does.

Hardly a proven prem manager?

Probably because he's never managed in the prem.

If they sacked Nige when he got us promoted a lot of fans will start to turn on the owners and rightly so.

He would only be replaced by a journeyman manager anyway. 

Hardly a proven prem manager?

Probably because he's never managed in the prem.

If they sacked Nige when he got us promoted a lot of fans will start to turn on the owners and rightly so.

He would only be replaced by a journeyman manager anyway. 

one game as manager of newcastle 1-1 vs watford

just to be picky

so if we keep him till the end of his current contract we get a free manager after that?

Of course not. But if we pay him off now and appoint a new manager we'll effectively be paying 2 managers this financial year.

I'll give it 'til end of September. I'm by no means a 'Pearson out' supporter, however I can't help but wonder if the owners are simply keeping hold of NP until a candidate whom they seem as 'better' becomes available. For what it's worth (admittedly, not a lot!) I'm still not ruling out MON for a return.

I actually hope that my thoughts don't materialise, at risk of ridicule, I admire Pearson not so much for his managerial abilities but more so for his straight-talking and seemingly ethical approach to the game, an attribute sorely lacking in many parts.

Pearson has stated that the lads are fit and ready and knows his starting 11, and the usual crap from the players like right us of at your peril, we had alot of talk last year and nothing changed,especially the last third of the season.

So for me it all depends, if we are playing well but not getting results I think the chop will come after 15 or so games.

If we are lackluster like we appear to be preseason, and being served up shocking displays, I think the neutrals amongst us will finally turn, and fans pressure will force the owners arm at around maximum 10 games.

I don't want him here but really want a successful season, so I'm hoping we have a strong consistent season from the start, but agree with a few that think Pearsons contract will not be renewed no matter what, and if Pearson thinks this, there is not alot of incentive to succeed, but who knows.

I still fail to see why expectations are so high this season. With the exception of relegation or a complete loss of believe from players towards the backroom staff, i fail to see why we should sack Mr Pearson.

I am neither his biggest fan, nor i am the person who will be joining in 'Pearson out' on the terraces, but the man is getting so much stick this pre-season for no reason whatsoever. To an extent friendlies are important, specifically for fitness purposes. But they have relatively little indication on how a side will perform during the competitive season, portrayed brilliantly by own our previous pre-season performances and results.

The negativity is far too high, and is even represented by the opening post by Col, whether he intended to or not, by describing the new formation as 5-3-2 when in fact we have mimicked the same 3-5-2 as hull and watford last year.

Pearson has stated that the lads are fit and ready and knows his starting 11, and the usual crap from the players like right us of at your peril, we had alot of talk last year and nothing changed,especially the last third of the season.

So for me it all depends, if we are playing well but not getting results I think the chop will come after 15 or so games.

If we are lackluster like we appear to be preseason, and being served up shocking displays, I think the neutrals amongst us will finally turn, and fans pressure will force the owners arm at around maximum 10 games.

I don't want him here but really want a successful season, so I'm hoping we have a strong consistent season from the start, but agree with a few that think Pearsons contract will not be renewed no matter what, and if Pearson thinks this, there is not alot of incentive to succeed, but who knows.

He'll still want to succeed, whether he knows he's leaving or not. He's still got his own reputation to think of, and when he leaves, he'll want to put himself in the frame for vacancies at bigger clubs, surely?

He'll still want to succeed, whether he knows he's leaving or not. He's still got his own reputation to think of, and when he leaves, he'll want to put himself in the frame for vacancies at bigger clubs, surely?

Exactly.

Another club would hardly want to hire a manager who is unwilling to give it his all once he has a contract.

If he does well, great. If he performs poorly, stick with him until we can replace with a better candidate. Sacking him and then thinking about who we need to replace him would be the worst idea. If they're going to get rid, I'd want them to st least have an idea about who they're going to replace him with.

If, as some (but by no means all), are predicting..we have a poor start to the season, how long will people give it before they start to get really pissed-off?

But personally, I think we could well start slowly and then get better over the course of the season. Almost like an opposite to last season.

But will people give it time? Especially if Nige tries the 5-3-2 and it doesn't prove fruitful immediately.

I know its hypothetical, but I'm genuinely interested in whether posters on here are 'in for the long haul' or whether many will be ventilating straightaway if we don't start strongly.

Opinions please...

There is no doubt that people will be moaning if things aren't going well. The trick is not to only log on when things are going ok 

Opinions please...

Anyone with common sense will wait until the end of the season. Having said that I have no expectations.

Archived