Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Cheap trains

It's about 18:45, it's a very decent time.

This site is an absolute goldmine. If you tinker with it a bit you can do Doncaster for a bit over £20 return too. It's an early start but at those prices I wouldn't be complaining.

Blackpool for me could be £11 return with a railcard lol wow.

• 2 weeks later...

Split ticketing is always good, although it's a pain in the arse when you can't find a station to split at where it's cheap. Birmingham New St is always a good splitting station.

Good for us in the north west then seeing as they're all Saturdays (except Bolton) and that we have to change at Birmingham every time.

Furthest I've trained is Watford, will be Charlton on Saturday and then Blackpool after that. Never done a proper long train one before, can't wait for Blackpool.

MegaTrain can be useful and very cheap if you book long enough in advance (eg. £5 one way to London). Tickets are only available for about 6 trains in each direction from Leicester mon - sat, none available on sunday. The website gives you the option of MegaTrain or MegaBus depending where you go. With trains its only operators owned by Stagecoach (East Midlands Trains, South West Trains & Virgin Trains). 

Cheap, but not very flexible plus the cheaper tickets go v quickly (maybe 12 weeks in advance)

uk.megabus.com

When East Midlands Trains launched MegaTrain about 6 years ago you could do London return for less than a fiver, not anymore sadly.

When I go to book my train, I click return and when choosing the times it says I have to pick them at two different prices so £16 for the way there and £11 for the way back, this guy is saying £17 in total?

Yes that's how it works, each fare is a single fare for the outward and return.

Post in here cheap trains you can find for away games. Keep this thread going too.

First one by me, Blackpool, found a return for £17 although you have to leave at 5:49am. It's £28 return if you leave Leicester at 7:49am. Without a railcard too. Check http://www.redspottedhanky.com/, it's Blackpool South.

Just been looking at this, 08:49 and 09:49am leaving times also lead to £20.80 return with a railcard. It says 2 changes though but I can't see anywhere on the website as to which stations they change at?

Just been looking at this, 08:49 and 09:49am leaving times also lead to £20.80 return with a railcard. It says 2 changes though but I can't see anywhere on the website as to which stations they change at?

Cos you have to click the little "I" button to see

Birmingham & Preston.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived