Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Cheap trains

just did a quick look and for the Doncaster away game  adult via train = £35.20 by splitting your ticket do a  off peak return Leicester to Chesterfield  £20.30 then Chesterfield off peak return to Doncaster £8.40

may help

or £10 to go with Ausden Clark.

• 3 weeks later...

At work at the minute so I'll have a proper look later but pretty sure I found one that was £23 return without a railcard, although it did leave about 8am.

Think my next one on the train is QPR, or Brighton if we end up staying the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

London midland are doing their "great escape" at the moment £15 for travel to any where that they serve.

http://www.londonmidland.com/great-escape/great-escape/great-escape-form/

It's good for me going from Rugby to Watford on Saturday, same as from Nuneaton if anyone is interested.

Problem though, there's no straight trains to and from Watford on saturday! (that's from Nuneaton, if travelling from Leicester i'd recommend changing at New Street)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spitting journey is key.. Takes some dicking around but worth it.. adult & child with railcard Qprgame leic - shep bush underground £ 33. Rugby- mk- shep bush rail inc london travel card as bonus £ 22 . Try mkt harb instead of leics too , tends to be cheaper and get a travel card inc most of tine which u dont from leic. Rugby & mkt harb handy if u live south of county... Need to weigh up saving s to be made against car park cost, travelling to other stations..

Spitting journey is key.. Takes some dicking around but worth it.. adult & child with railcard Qprgame leic - shep bush underground £ 33. Rugby- mk- shep bush rail inc london travel card as bonus £ 22 . Try mkt harb instead of leics too , tends to be cheaper and get a travel card inc most of tine which u dont from leic. Rugby & mkt harb handy if u live south of county... Need to weigh up saving s to be made against car park cost, travelling to other stations..

How much is Leicester to MH?

Also for Stoke...

Leicester to Derby and Derby to Stoke. If you do a Leicester to Stoke you end up paying about double. With a railcard and split singles you can get a return for just over £12 I believe.

Archived