Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

Looking forward to seeing this guy playing. Heard mixed feedback on him, but agree he needs his chance. Personally would still have preferred Duffy but Miquel should be decent. Both at the expense of a big wage player or Whitbread would be even better. Would prefer to keep SSL over Whitbread, given the choice but I agree itis more likely SSL to leave with Konchesky due to wages. Happy to loose konchesky as I have always found him average(yet consistent tbf) and awful in the air. schlupp, bakayogo and dyer can play LB too but think we need to keep SSL as with 3 CBs playing per week and him gone we would have Morgan, Moore, an unproven( with potential) loanee a and Whitbread who has the fitness level of an 80 year old. People slating Moore. Don't you think he looks like a young wes Morgan ready to step into his breakthrough year? Powerful player, local lad, great potential. Big fan of him!

Wonder if Arsenal are waiting to see how much we use Miquel before deciding on whether we get Yennaris

Possibly and would be a shrewd tactic by Wenger. But at yennaris' young age even racking up 20 appearances all season, whilst not ideal, is all good experience for him. Spoke to an arsenal fan again today who drew comparisons to a liam Bridcutt style player which excites me about this guy.

Good signing. Very comfortable on the ball but not super strong or quick. I'm actually wondering if he will play in midfield as holder rather than centre back? I'm sure he will begin at the back but it may change during the season and he might provide cover for James.

One of Watford's major flaws was that they weren't able to shut games out at times, conceded late goals e.g. against Wolves. Perhaps they'd have been able to hang on if they had a player who'd been in that situation before.

Experience would help the team IMO, it isn't all about player ability. Direction and good leadership can be crucial in some situations, helps 'focus' that ability if you know what I mean.

Spot on

The biggest gap in our squad last season was not having a couple of experienced heads in the squad to stop the terrible fookin run we had.

That was clear as crystal to me.

And there aren't any really this season either.

I think Miquel can be a decent signing, something like Keane last year, but with a different set of qualities.

However I'd very much like LCFC to get Yennaris. This guy has had some bad luck in the last two seasons not getting a chance, but he could be a real quality player, given the chance. Premier League quality.

Spot on

The biggest gap in our squad last season was not having a couple of experienced heads in the squad to stop the terrible fookin run we had.

That was clear as crystal to me.

And there aren't any really this season either.

Agreed

Those old heads we had last season,e.g.Wellens,didn't step up during the poor run.

Archived