Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

Spanish defender Ignasi Miquel will spend the entire 2013/14 campaign at Championship side Leicester City as he attempts to prove that he is capable of making a long-term breakthrough at Emirates Stadium.

Rather strangely, this is the 20 year old’s first temporary transfer since joining the club, with the former Barcelona youngster having garnered considerable experience of second-string football following his arrival from Cornella in 2008.

Miquel has 14 senior appearances to his name, five of which came in the Premier League over the past two seasons, but, despite the departure of Sebastien Squillaci over the summer, concerns still exist that the Spaniard lacks the physicality to play in the Premier League on a regular basis, whilst, despite demonstrating an improved reading of the game in recent months, he still remains somewhat error-prone.

It is hoped that his spell at the King Power Stadium will provide him with regular game time, after which a decision is likely to be made about his Arsenal future, with his contract due to expire next June.

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson said of the signing: â€Ignasi is a centre-back with lots of potential and he will give us another option in defence. He’s very enthusiastic and delighted to be here, which is a big part of taking players on loan for us. We’ll see how he is with regard to availability and whether he will be part of the squad for Sunday’s game against Leeds.”

Miquel may well be joined at Leicester shortly by another Arsenal Academy graduate in Nico Yennaris, with the midfielder also desperate to prove his worth having struggled to break into the first-team picture last season. Yennaris’ previous loan spell, at Notts County in 2012, was cut considerably short due to illness, but, like Miquel, he has now entered the final year of his contract and is in desperate need of regular football.

Miquel’s temporary departure takes the current number of Arsenal loanees to five, with Johan Djourou (Hamburg), Joel Campbell (Olympiacos), Francis Coquelin (Freiburg) and Chuks Aneke (Crewe Alexandra) completing the quintet.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/miquel-finally-receives-the-loan-chance-he-desperately-required/?

I hope us going after a tonne of defenders on loan doesn't leave Liam Moore completely frozen out. He's done very little wrong whenever he's played and it's great to see a local boy and City fan on the pitch and enjoying themselves.

Very nice topical change of username  :thumbup:

If Pearson sticks with his 352 formation, I think he'll like 5 or 6 central defenders on the books, so that gives plenty of cover and he can freshen things up. I do expect Duffy to sign as well, with St Ledger and Konch leaving.

I hope us going after a tonne of defenders on loan doesn't leave Liam Moore completely frozen out. He's done very little wrong whenever he's played and it's great to see a local boy and City fan on the pitch and enjoying themselves.

Moore Morgan Miquel

Sorted

Nice.

Nige generally signs good defenders, give or take a few (Nielson, McGivern etc), so I'm pleased that he's here on loan, especially considering Arsenal fans seem to rate him well.

I see Liam Moore has moved into the category of getting better whilst not playing. Am I the only one who remembers him playing utter crap at times?

Oh, I agree - I'm not saying he's superb. Brighton away he looked shoddy, and he's definitely not without his faults, I just think it'd be a shame to see a fairly promising young talent stagnating on our bench.

I was never part of the "Gelson is our saviour" brigade, or owt.

I see Liam Moore has moved into the category of getting better whilst not playing. Am I the only one who remembers him playing utter crap at times?

I wouldn't go as far as saying he played crap - but I do remember at Wolves him being bullied by Ebanks - Blake.

One of the benefits/disadvantages (delete as appropriate) of living where I do is that this is very much Arsenal country.

Been speaking to Gooners about Miquel today and apparently he's nothing special. However, these are Arsenal fans we're talking about - their club isn't far from being in the top 10 clubs in Europe - so their expectations are a bit different. When I asked them to rethink and consider that Miquel would be playing in the Championship, they said he'd be quality on the ball and help us in that department if we don't have - to quote one, "a Rio Ferdinand-type centreback". Had to laugh. And a bit envious that they have no clue about Championship standards. Rio Ferdinand-type. FFS.

Anyway, the concensus seemed to be that Miquel will be an asset for us as long as we have somebody physical to partner him at the back and also provided we can live with him making a massive cockup every now and again. By the sounds of it he will fit right in!

Yennaris, however, is a bit of a gem, apparently. Everybody seems to think that it's only because they've got the likes of Wilshere in the team that he's not getting a game. Not sure if we're still in the run to sign him, but everybody seems to rate him a lot higher than Miquel.

No, but he is 20 and has looked (independent of his age) much better than St. Ledger so far this season.

I've been very impressed with him this season (granted we're two games in) so far but I do agree - thought he seriously struggled at times last season, especially away from home.

I'd definitely rather try him than Whitbread/St Ledger though. All three will make mistakes, but Moore is only going to get better, the other two I'm not sure ever will.

A back three of Moore, Morgan & Miquel is pretty risky though and I'm not sure I'd try it against Leeds, not my call though...

Reinvent the

Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy! Oi! Oggy! Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi!

Chant replacing Oggy with Iggie

Needs a leader though

The chant consists of two groups, one shouting the word "Oggy!" and the other group shouting the word "Oi!" Often a single individual will shout "Oggy" and everyone else will shout the reply. The words are shouted according to the following pattern.

Archived