Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

Miguel is a Spaniard

He wears a sombrero

He came to Leicester City

With Backayogo

He scores them with his left foot, he scores them with right

He's come to replace Whitbread who is f**kin sh*te

This has potential with a couple of tweaks, preferably leaving out digs at our own players.

One of the benefits/disadvantages (delete as appropriate) of living where I do is that this is very much Arsenal country.

Been speaking to Gooners about Miquel today and apparently he's nothing special. However, these are Arsenal fans we're talking about - their club isn't far from being in the top 10 clubs in Europe - so their expectations are a bit different. When I asked them to rethink and consider that Miquel would be playing in the Championship, they said he'd be quality on the ball and help us in that department if we don't have - to quote one, "a Rio Ferdinand-type centreback". Had to laugh. And a bit envious that they have no clue about Championship standards. Rio Ferdinand-type. FFS.

Anyway, the concensus seemed to be that Miquel will be an asset for us as long as we have somebody physical to partner him at the back and also provided we can live with him making a massive cockup every now and again. By the sounds of it he will fit right in!

Yennaris, however, is a bit of a gem, apparently. Everybody seems to think that it's only because they've got the likes of Wilshere in the team that he's not getting a game. Not sure if we're still in the run to sign him, but everybody seems to rate him a lot higher than Miquel.

Was chatting to one of the IT guys at work today (an avid Gooner) and he said almost exactly this - although when I said we were signing Miquel on loan he just laughed for about 5 minutes straight.

This has potential with a couple of tweaks, preferably leaving out digs at our own players.

It was only meant as a bit of a joke - For what it's worth I think Whitbread is ok and would never suggest we slate our own players - just that it went quite well with the the rest of the song.

My gooner mates don't rate Miquel, but they also approached me after the playoff semi and asked why I rated Knockaert.

A large proportion of Arsenal fans don't have a clue past Cazorla and Wilshere.

I reckon he's gonna be decent, but we need to be supportive, it's going to be completely different to what he's used to. And if he's quality and we welcome him, he walks for free in the summer as does Yennaris.

With a signing like this I literally know nothing about the guy or anyone that does. Feedback from Arsenal fans is useless too as they have completely different standards, coupled with the fact that fans like to say a player is rubbish as soon as they leave their club. Only time will tell if he is a good signing or not.

IGGY, IGGY, IGGY CAN'T YOU SEE

SOMETIMES YOUR WORDS JUST HYPNOTISE ME

AND I JUST LOVE YOUR SPANISH PHRASE

GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY BROKE, AND YOU'RE SO PAID

I love that, even if it's only for the biggie reference :D Would be a bit hard to sing, mind.

Tough on Liam Moore if it happens but I can see SSL/Morgan/Miquel against Leeds on Sunday. They've become a very physical side under Brian McDermott and I imagine Moore will lose out with SSL playing due to experience and Miquel is big, strong and left footed.

Tough on Liam Moore if it happens but I can see SSL/Morgan/Miquel against Leeds on Sunday. They've become a very physical side under Brian McDermott and I imagine Moore will lose out with SSL playing due to experience and Miquel is big, strong and left footed.

You could say the same about Whitbread - big, strong and left footed. Personally I think Miguel will be on the bench.

Softbread is a liability.

And what do you base Miguel's ability on? I hope the lad does really well and proves to be a big hit, but I was just quoting what you said 'big, strong and left footed', which is what Whitbread is'

Archived