Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

i don't see why we got Miquel, he has very little experience and to be a good center back you need experience. We might as well play Moore , he's probably just as good, more experience in the championship and if we play him more he will gain more experience and become a better player.  

i don't see why we got Miquel, he has very little experience and to be a good center back you need experience. We might as well play Moore , he's probably just as good, more experience in the championship and if we play him more he will gain more experience and become a better player.

That's a ridiculous statement as well as contradictory.

How are they going to get experience if they don't get a chance? Was Michael Keane rubbish? He had no experience whatsoever yet was one of our most consistent players.

That's a ridiculous statement as well as contradictory.

How are they going to get experience if they don't get a chance? Was Michael Keane rubbish? He had no experience whatsoever yet was one of our most consistent players.

Completely agree with Mr Bert. Keane was a cracking defender that will go along way in his football career. Give this new lad a chance to prove himself first.

The problem with both Moore and St Ledger is they arent very tall. We himself is a unit but only 6ft 1. So if Whitbread isnt available then we have a very short central defensive unit. Whilst height isnt neccessarily important to be decent defensively (Cannavaro etc), in the main, good defences are tall and strong. I think if Duffy were to sign also, he Morgan and Miquel could be very dominating whereas Morgan, Moore and SSL would be suspect.

Seen him a handful of times and he has been incredibly poor in Arsenal reserve sides. Just a heads up, maybe he'll play better in the Championship - but from what I have seen, he isn't anywhere near cut for the Premiership. Seems people are just happy we've signed someone because they're bored of old faces and miss the Sven chop-chop days.

My gooner mates don't rate Miquel, but they also approached me after the playoff semi and asked why I rated Knockaert.

A large proportion of Arsenal fans don't have a clue past Cazorla and Wilshere.

I reckon he's gonna be decent, but we need to be supportive, it's going to be completely different to what he's used to. And if he's quality and we welcome him, he walks for free in the summer as does Yennaris.

Arsenal fans are like that tool who tries to be one of the lads but is really just an annoying nerd. They're rugby fans pretending to be football fans.

He could still be shit but Arsenal fans really aren't football people.

Guest MattP

Don't know much about them but anyone who has been called up to represent Spain at under 21 level with the crop of footballers they produce must have some ability.

He can't be that bad. Was at Barcelona for the start of his youth career, was/is captain of Arsenal's youth side/reserves, has played for Spain's at every youth age, has played in the Premiership and the Champions League and Real Sociedad (who are are in this years Champs League) were rumoured to be interested a couple months back.

Whilst none of the above are guarantees of his success here, i think you'd have to be an idiot to write him off before he plays. 

I watched him play a few times on TV and whilst looking composed on the ball he was a little error prone and slight, but he's young; and this is the Championship... not the Premiership or the Champions League.

Might be an idea to reserve judgement till we've seen how he adapts to a lower level of football.

Hi I'm an arsenal fan. As you can guess just signed up to keep up with our loanees progress. Both the ones we've loaned out to you guys are somewhat underdogs with regards to making the grade with miquel apparently having one year left on his contract. Yennaris wasn't really noticed much up until last year wherein he made massive strides. He's best as a dm though he can operate as rb. If I was to describe his best quality it would be his tenacity. He's very small in stature but constantly deters the opposition snapping at their heels and very much recognised as a leader in the youth ranks. He's actually my favourite youth player not due to ability but attitude. If he can prove last season was more than an anomaly who knows? Miquel is a bit of a strange one. He rejected barca (who rejected him earlier on) to sign with us from cornella. He's pretty inconsistent and has a tendency to make silly errors though those errors aside his positioning and tackling is pretty good. However his biggest frailty may well be his physique. He's very weak and easily pushed off the ball despite being very tall. Though as far as technical ability goes he's up there with the best defenders in our youth. Isaac hayden is probably our best defensive prospect (probably our best prospect at dm too)

Hi I'm an arsenal fan. As you can guess just signed up to keep up with our loanees progress. Both the ones we've loaned out to you guys are somewhat underdogs with regards to making the grade with miquel apparently having one year left on his contract. Yennaris wasn't really noticed much up until last year wherein he made massive strides. He's best as a dm though he can operate as rb. If I was to describe his best quality it would be his tenacity. He's very small in stature but constantly deters the opposition snapping at their heels and very much recognised as a leader in the youth ranks. He's actually my favourite youth player not due to ability but attitude. If he can prove last season was more than an anomaly who knows? Miquel is a bit of a strange one. He rejected barca (who rejected him earlier on) to sign with us from cornella. He's pretty inconsistent and has a tendency to make silly errors though those errors aside his positioning and tackling is pretty good. However his biggest frailty may well be his physique. He's very weak and easily pushed off the ball despite being very tall. Though as far as technical ability goes he's up there with the best defenders in our youth. Isaac hayden is probably our best defensive prospect (probably our best prospect at dm too)

Thanks for this, however Yennaris is not on loan with us at present and Pearson has suggested that there will be no more incomings in our local paper today.

Thanks for this, however Yennaris is not on loan with us at present and Pearson has suggested that there will be no more incomings in our local paper today.

Ah thought there was still a chance. Regardless hope miquel does good and proves lots (myself included) wrong....just don't play him at lb!

In his interview Miquels sounded more English than Spanish,comes across as quite intelligent.

Thought he sounded like a really grounded young lad that really wants to do well.

He'll make it with that attitude.

Archived