Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Price of beer, tea etc at the Walkers

I've forgotten to mention this up until now but I couldn't help but notice my pocket feeling a bit emptier after having a pint before the Inter game with the prices going up yet again all round. It's getting beyond a joke now with the price of a few drinks costing more than the game itself! I for one am not gonna bother having a drink there again and am just gonna be content with going in late and staying at the pub for longer. Anyone else angry with the prices?

(P.S. I know its an old fogey's type topic to be moaning about but surely people must agree.)

I'm indifferent really - I never buy anything from the LCFC matchday catering, I know it's too expensive so I avoid it at all costs.

I think a pint is 2.60. You only usually find those prices in London, and its waterd down rubbish.

I was at a beer festival at the weekend (after the oxford game in brackley) and a pure tasting fresh pint was £2.

Dont abuse ya body and wallet with LCFC canal water.

Many need a drink during the colder months, a plastic bottle does the trick.

Pints have gone upto £2.80 and all the foreign catering staff haven't got a clue so it takes about 20 mins to get served. Vs Celtic i payed £5.50 for a burger and a pint but only paid £5.00 for the ticket bit of a piss take if you ask me especially when a pint that tastes alot better than the crap they sell down the walkers is only £1.33 in my local

I'm indifferent really - I never buy anything from the LCFC matchday catering, I know it's too expensive so I avoid it at all costs.

149118[/snapback]

that's a good point and I tend to agree I know it's expensive so never buy anything nobody forces you to buy things and it's pretty much inline with other venues like concert arenas. I don't agree with being ripped off with over the top pricing and that's why I don't buy things but I don't see any real problem with it except the service which convinces me even more not to bother

It's easy to say but the answer is don't give them your custom, if enough people boycott they will have to bring their prices down or go out of business. I'm assuming the whole thing is some franchise now so LCFC only get a payment which might not even be linked to sales.

It's easy to say but the answer is don't give them your custom, if enough people boycott they will have to bring their prices down or go out of business. I'm assuming the whole thing is some franchise now so LCFC only get a payment which might not even be linked to sales.

149140[/snapback]

didn't they sell the franchise to Lindley catering or something similar they were mentioned when they messed up and had to give everyone free kitkats at the following game

I really don't understand rip-off prices - Surely companies would do much better buisiness if there prices we're cheaper because more people would use the company and buy the stuff they are selling, rather than having less custom and rip-off prices... :huh:

Yes I think you're right Jay it's Lindley.

Matt, As for rip off prices V's more business, I think the answer is they know they can only sell so much in the time available so they bung the prices up, I doubt they'd sell much more, probably not to compensate for a decent price cut as there just wouldn't be the time. The only way it would work would be to have more outlets, now there's an idea but I presume that's down to LCFC and they just don't have the money for that sort of project.

I've forgotten to mention this up until now but I couldn't help but notice my pocket feeling a bit emptier after having a pint before the Inter game with the prices going up yet again all round. It's getting beyond a joke now with the price of a few drinks costing more than the game itself! I for one am not gonna bother having a drink there again and am just gonna be content with going in late and staying at the pub for longer. Anyone else angry with the prices?

(P.S. I know its an old fogey's type topic to be moaning about but surely people must agree.)

149114[/snapback]

Get yersen down the Gateway for a pre match pint or two! ;)

The only way it would work would be to have more outlets, now there's an idea

149158[/snapback]

Why open a chip shop in a small town on the same street where theres another chip shop. Meaning, city dont need to have more outlets, they can just cream the custom to its full potential.

149140[/snapback]

Exactly.

£2.80 is a joke - I think it's much better to stay in the pub longer instead of being crammed in the concourses drinking your pint.

149282[/snapback]

I would not buy any refreshments either.

Moreover, if the burgers on Open Day were just what is normally on offer on Match Days, I must say that I would not have them if they were free!!!!

I think a pint is 2.60. You only usually find those prices in London, and its waterd down rubbish.

I was at a beer festival at the weekend (after the oxford game in brackley) and a pure tasting fresh pint was £2.

Dont abuse ya body and wallet with LCFC canal water.

Many need a drink during the colder months, a plastic bottle does the trick.

149119[/snapback]

£2.60 is nothing to me! In Reading you pay £3 for a pint in town, London its generally a fiver!! How much is a pint in the pubs in Leicester now then?

£2.60 is nothing to me! In Reading you pay £3 for a pint in town, London its generally a fiver!! How much is a pint in the pubs in Leicester now then?

149297[/snapback]

I'd say the average is around £2.00.

149297[/snapback]

Depends where you go. I was charged 2.65 for a pint of stella in lutterworth, but 1.79 in leicester.

On the news today, going out for a drink has gone down 5.5%, whilst drinkin at home has gone up 9%.

Pubs are generally charging more because less are going.

Archived