Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Quotes

Why have they gone so when you quote one person if they have already quoted someone their quote doesn't appear? and also is there a limit on how many quotes you can have in one post?!  :S

149189[/snapback]

It keeps doing that recently doesnt it? I think there is a limit actually before it starts not quoting properly but im not 100% sure what it is.

I thought it only happened when one person qoutes only part of what another person is saying, and then a third person qoutes the second person (so the first qoute disappears).

I'm not sure though.

On the forum control panel, there is an option which says 'just quote last reply' or something along those lines. Personally i think its a good idea you can only quote the last person, otherwise you get massive long groups of posts which are annoying. Good call mr C :thumbup:

But then sometimes you dont know what people are refering at especially when there are loads of points that people are making and then it can get confuing who the quote is being refered to.

Good idea because of the length of pages as you pointed out but bad idea when you want to compare what two people have said I have just tried to quote one person and then quote another person in a thread I have just replied to but could only quote one person! :thumbdown:

On the forum control panel, there is an option which says 'just quote last reply' or something along those lines. Personally i think its a good idea you can only quote the last person, otherwise you get massive long groups of posts which are annoying. Good call mr C :thumbup:

149448[/snapback]

I don't see that feature anywhere :nono:

I changed it so now when quoting it only quotes once. Sometimes it got ridiculous, people quoting up to 10 times making pages ridiculously long.

Makes the forum much more readable, IMO.

149850[/snapback]

can you make it 2 or 3!? just so it is a little more unstandable. :)

I changed it so now when quoting it only quotes once. Sometimes it got ridiculous, people quoting up to 10 times making pages ridiculously long.

149850[/snapback]

155666[/snapback]

Come on people - Get off your arsé - If you want multiple quotes then just do it

Ignore the QUOTE button and manually add the quote(s)

Some people expect everything handed to 'em on a plate :mad::ph34r:

149850[/snapback]

155666[/snapback]

Come on people - Get off your arsé - If you want multiple quotes then just do it

155983[/snapback]

PS - I agree with the Chainsaw's reasoning on this and, generally speaking, use my own common sense to moderate this by reducing the number of quotes where feasible and removing blank lines

This reply is about the limit for me

I'm not very keen on the quote thing. Sometimes the whole post is taken up with quotes and the reply is something like 'I agree' What's the point of that?

If I want to quote something it's mainly just a section so I copy and paste. It just depends. Sometimes it's overused.

I'm not very keen on the quote thing. Sometimes the whole post is taken up with quotes and the reply is something like 'I agree' What's the point of that?

If I want to quote something it's mainly just a section so I copy and paste. It just depends. Sometimes it's overused.

157159[/snapback]

Not as good as the OS ay Hop? You can quote away to your hearts content on there cant you? :nono::whistle:

157159[/snapback]

That's why it's been changed. :thumbup:

Archived