Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

New away travel coaches

Can someone tell me what's happening with the new coaches? Wycombe away last week we all went on Woods coaches and this is apparently the new bus company for the club, but then today after the Leeds match we had a Ausden Clarke leaflet on the car, and the prices for the bus are so much cheaper! It was £8 for derby whereas FT was something like £14? Why would anybody use Foxtravel?!

I'm personally not to sure. I don't use FoxTravel or anything for away games.

Im guessing but I'm sure it's accurate. Woods is the new partner though, as highlighted in the programme today. Not sure about that leaflet but I'm still guessing its cheaper because you're going direct. I mean, lcfc still have to make something.

i posted this before a ball was kicked this season. Ausden Clark as we know have been taking the away following for how many years??? The reason the club switched isnt even anything to do with money its a driver that left AC to go to woods. Woods have around 20 coaches if that while Clarks have over 70 so they can undercut them. for those of you that go on fox travel bear in mind the prices you see on the AC leaflet the company will just break even with that job. lets say boro away cost you £22 on fox travel woods would have only got a fraction of that as the club take most of it. End of the day the only winners of this is you guys!  

i posted this before a ball was kicked this season. Ausden Clark as we know have been taking the away following for how many years??? The reason the club switched isnt even anything to do with money its a driver that left AC to go to woods. Woods have around 20 coaches if that while Clarks have over 70 so they can undercut them. for those of you that go on fox travel bear in mind the prices you see on the AC leaflet the company will just break even with that job. lets say boro away cost you £22 on fox travel woods would have only got a fraction of that as the club take most of it. End of the day the only winners of this is you guys!

Yeah, Rob who drives coach one. We had a nice coach for Wycombe but Woods are generally very tacky coaches.

never been on a woods coach so couldnt comment, last time i did a away game i went on national express :) wifi, plug sockets etc creature comforts and all that. My peeve on fox travel has always been its like being at school where peeps will put a bag on the seat so you cant sit there just hoping they dont have a stranger next to them. Were all city fans does it matter? 

I'm personally not to sure. I don't use FoxTravel or anything for away games.

Im guessing but I'm sure it's accurate. Woods is the new partner though, as highlighted in the programme today. Not sure about that leaflet but I'm still guessing its cheaper because you're going direct. I mean, lcfc still have to make something.

The club have always remained adamant that they never made anything out of the FoxTravel service apart from on drinks etc that they sell on the journey. Quite clearly not true though if Ausden Clark can suddenly offer the same journeys at nearly a 50% lower price.

How do you book this Ausden Clark bus?

Ring AC up.

They are currently only doing one pick up outside the ground at the minute. If it takes off, then they will look to extending the pick up points.

Ring AC up.

They are currently only doing one pick up outside the ground at the minute. If it takes off, then they will look to extending the pick up points.

Cheers, great prices for away days. Do you or anyone else know what time they get into

Charlton?

Cheers, great prices for away days. Do you or anyone else know what time they get into

Charlton?

No, but I would imagine that they are leaving a lot later than the fox travel coaches which leave at 9am.

Just remember that alcohol is not permitted on the bus either.

I much prefer minibuses or car shares if travelling by road, it's easy enough and just as cheap if you get a few mates together. You can also have a bit of a sing song and stop off at some decent pubs on the way.

Just booked a coach for Carlisle away with Ausden Clark over the phone... £4 cheaper than Fox Travel, later departure time and the girl I spoke to on the phone (Sasha) provided brilliant customer service! Ticket office could learn a thing or two from this lot...

A couple of lads were handing out the Austen Clark flyers again outside Pride Park with a Carlisle page stapled to them, if I'm right it leaves quite a bit later, 45 minutes?

Also it said they go from Burnmoor Street instead of outside the ground, something to do with the previous ones waiting in the layby but not allowed anymore.

The thing is they have dealt their cards for the entire season now as all league games are on that flyer, the club surely will now look at it for future games and adjust their pricing to suit, if not a lot will move over, the every game regulars won't I guess but the occasional traveller on them will.

If its cheaper and the same service why not, as I rarely buy food, drinks on the coach anyway.

A couple of lads were handing out the Austen Clark flyers again outside Pride Park with a Carlisle page stapled to them, if I'm right it leaves quite a bit later, 45 minutes?

Also it said they go from Burnmoor Street instead of outside the ground, something to do with the previous ones waiting in the layby but not allowed anymore.

The thing is they have dealt their cards for the entire season now as all league games are on that flyer, the club surely will now look at it for future games and adjust their pricing to suit, if not a lot will move over, the every game regulars won't I guess but the occasional traveller on them will.

If its cheaper and the same service why not, as I rarely buy food, drinks on the coach anyway.

Girl on the phone said 12:45 arrival for 13:15 departure. Fox Travel leaves at 12:00! And yeah it leaves from Burnmoor Street.

• 1 month later...

Archived