Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Why did you start supporting Leicester City ?

1968 my brother took me down Filbert Street, I was 8 years of age, sat on the wall at the front, ran on the pitch at the end of the game with the other kids and I was hooked.

Bastards, its cost me a fortune ever since, especially as I have had to indoctrinate my own kids (costly business).

But just every now and again you watch a game that makes it all worth while.

My first competitive game was on the opening day of the 92/93 season. City beat Luton 2-1 with goals from Mike Whitlow and Steve Walsh.

My very first game proper though was the week before that when we played Borussia Monchengladbach in a friendly and lost 3-1.

I Sat in the old main stand for both and thinking back to it now makes me feel rather old, especially comparing it to 'modern' football.

I was brought up as a ManU supporter by my dad. I was then told by my mum (when I was around 5yo) that I was born in Leicester (I was living in Bradford at the time). From that day on I was a Leicester fan.

Have my dad to thanks, first game was against Peterborough first home game of the season back in 93. Won 2-1, Tony James and I think Steve Thompson scored a penalty. 3 Stands that day aswell and no away fans. I've never looked back since. Probally care more about city then most things to be honest.

Grandad and Mum were fans since they were old enough to go, started going with my mate and his dad when I was about 12 though. Now it's my mum, me, my nephew and niece who all go down to the city together. Basically always been in the family the love for City.

Went to a reserve game a FS when about 7 . Was hooked and never supported anyone else. I remember it being difficult because when we moved form Leicester to Kettering everyone else seemed to support Arsenal,Liverpool and Leeds.Leicester player never featured in Shoot or Goal mags so my mates had their walls plastered with posters  i had to make due with programme pics. The club shop was also really small and poor and only seemed to open on match days but i remember waiting in line to buy a school bag with LCFC on for my birthday only for it to cofiscated at school as football bags were banned!!!

Grew up in the area during the Bloomfield, Weller, Worthington era - it would have been madness to support another team.

It will be interesting to ask my youngest the same question when he's my age. Born in London, his older brother and sister support Arsenal (their grandad's side), yet he's stuck with Leicester, through a poor era - goes to all London away games and half a dozen home games a season. He may never forgive me...

My Dad took me to my 1st game in 1985, I was 7yrs old. It was the season Leicester just survived relegation by a single point and only managing to win 10 games all season, so I was pleased the game my Dad picked for my 1st live match was the home game against Man Utd which we won 3-0.

I would've always been a City fan though as I'm a believer that you support the team of your birth.

Archived