Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrentFox

Why did you start supporting Leicester City ?

A pretty bizarre and tenuous reason. My Mum's family moved to Leicester when she was a teenager. Then when I was about 11 my Gran got locked out of her house after helping out at an elderly neighbours funeral and had to have all the locks changed. The family of the elderly neighbour felt bad for the hassle caused and knew I was coming to stay the next day so bought me and my Gran tickets to see Leicester play Newcastle. I've been cursed/blessed ever since...

Because I was raised properly!

(By a masochist)

I had been to quite a few games with friends and their families when I was younger; Forest, Notts County, Everton, Luton as well I think, and while I enjoyed being at the game I never really felt too bothered about any of the games. Then my dad took me to a game at Filbert Street against Sunderland in April '92 and evrything changed. I'll always remember walking up the steps in the old Double Decker and seeing the pitch for the first time, I was amazed and I knew then that I was a City fan. We won the game 3-2 and I loved every second it. Been hooked ever since, and as much as the team seem to try their hardest to annoy me every week, I wouldn't change it for anything.

This is the game my dad went to when my mum was in labour with me across the road lol

Because it was 2.50 to stand in the kop, and a good laugh in there, even with David pleat in charge.

Although to be fair ... £2.50 was loads of money back then!!!!!!

I had a lovely leather box jacket in those days .... wish i'd still got it!!!!

Before this, I followed Liverpool! And still see them as my 'second' team.

I also followed Liverpool as a very young lad and used to go and see them with my LCFC suppporting Auntie whenever they played at Leicester, saw some great games and this was when I decided that, as soon as I was able to go to watch football on a regular basis, I would be supporting City and this hasn't changed and never will, due to working shifts and playing cricket at the start and end of every season I've never had a season ticket until this year, missed the Leeds game as was on holiday but can't wait for the next game.

I also followed Liverpool as a very young lad and used to go and see them with my LCFC suppporting Auntie whenever they played at Leicester, saw some great games and this was when I decided that, as soon as I was able to go to watch football on a regular basis, I would be supporting City and this hasn't changed and never will, due to working shifts and playing cricket at the start and end of every season I've never had a season ticket until this year, missed the Leeds game as was on holiday but can't wait for the next game.

:thumbup:

My home town club, simple as that.

I actually started liking football really late in life. Didn't start following the game until I was 21. My first season of following Leicester was the season Peter Taylor took over though unfortunately! I missed the O'neill years, which I am now gutted about. :/

My home town club, simple as that.

I actually started liking football really late in life. Didn't start following the game until I was 21. My first season of following Leicester was the season Peter Taylor took over though unfortunately! I missed the O'neill years, which I am now gutted about. :/

Have you ever considered that it may be you that's the bad luck omen!!!???

Although to be fair ... £2.50 was loads of money back then!!!!!!

I had a lovely leather box jacket in those days .... wish i'd still got it!!!!

lol had to save my bus fare and dinner money to go, didn't eat at school for the week and had to walk from the monsell to wigston magna, but worth it to be in the pens.

I think at the time I wore Adidas torsion trainers, or reebok pumps, and had a nice Nike shell suit ( I know a shell suit), I suppose I was a chav back then 😔😃

Since the early 60s when being Chelsea born but living in Leicester I tended to follow both teams attending all LCFC home games and occasional Chelsea games when visiting relatives. Both teams had some fabulous players then Leicester had Banks, Gibson, Stringfellow, King & McLintock whilst Chelsea had the likes of Bonetti, Cooke, Hudson and Osgood but I had to make a choice when we played Chelsea in the FL Cup Final, chose Leicester which we eventually lost. I've been LCFC ever since and only take a passing interest in Chelsea now.

Have my old man to thank for me supporting Leicester. Kept buying all the kits for me. I was a full kit w*nker as a kid. First game was an away game, Reading away I believe on Neil Lennons debut.

At the same time I was also a supporter of Robbie Fowler...yes the player, not Liverpool. I thought he got the name Fowler due to his dirty tactics (was young then and couldn't spell), which I'd reproduce daily on the school field.

My dad made me.

I too used to be a Liverpool fan but my dad said he would never take me to see them (unless they were playing Leicester). So i told him I supported Leicester and got to go to games, which got hooked on city. Haven't looked back.

Now he's retired it's me that gets to return the favour and take him to watch our team play.

Archived