Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Our Problems

I think alot of us that are concerned about is that the performances haven't been great against side which will finish around mid table, in that yes the results have been nearly perfect, but are concerned by the performance's because the inconsistent results cost us so dearly last season, and I can only speak for myself that I'm worried about another false dawn, do well then just struggle to get results.

I have my opinions but I am trying to look at both sides here, ok we are doing well at the minute results wise, and I would say we are all ecstatic about that, but the performance in getting these results haven't been that clever, and are a little concerning for me anyway, but yes we have the points in the bag.

Whilst we are getting these results, and as much as its hard to watch at times we cannot moan to much, but if they do not pick up the pace and find the perfect performance Nigel is looking for, we might not get these results, as I think ignoring the boro game as we deserved the result after a poor first half, the Leeds game we can all agree was shocking, derby was not a great performance and for a lucky own goal would have been another nil nil draw, and then yesterday we struggled to break down a very poor Birmingham side for the best part of 70 minutes, but on the postive side got there in the end.

So I share the concerns with those who have aired their concerns, but I tend to think along the lines of others that we have 10 points from 12 and enjoy the moment, and hope both the players and management have learnt the lesson from last season and after a good start, we can remain consistent and have a good season.

Again I have my doubts with having the same management and players as last season, but if they can keep up the results, my reservations are irrelevant.

I think it boils down to the validity of concerns. Having seen every game (bar the league cup) then I don't think yesterday's performance can be placed in the same category as the Boro, Leeds and Derby games which were tepid affairs.

I'm firmly in the performance over results camp and those first three games were certainly no grounds for optimism for me. Yesterdays game, whilst far from perfect, did show in patches that the midfield three are becoming more flexible. Sadly it also showed the significant decline in Chris Woods' performance and how reliant we are on Morgan for a modicum of composure.

It was telling (to me at least) that when callers were required to expand on what they felt was 'poor' or 'inadequate' about yesterdays performance they were unable to do so and just reverted to saying how bad it was without ever offering specifics.

Playing badly but still getting 10 points from 12 is concerning to you? You need your head checking.

Try to read and understand what I have just said. THINK about it, if you are able, instead of just picking the first part of it.

Some people just don't have any marbles, do they? Kids of today!   :tumbleweed:  :doh:  :doh:  Give me strength. Thick or what?

With all due respect, Cardiff looked dreadful every time I saw them last season. Nevertheless, it's Cardiff City v Manchester City today, not Leicester City v Manchester City.

Why is this?

We played them off the park home and away, yet they took four points from us.

They achieved this by being solid at the back, taking their chances when they arrived, playing to their strengths and riding their luck. They were rarely spectacular, few six goal hidings handed out by them, but they were effective.

Right now, we look and sound similar. There'll be games where everybody wonders how we came away with three points, but the fact will remain that the points are with us.

Are we playing at our very best yet? It certainly doesn't sound like it.

Have we made our best start to a Championship season in over 20 years? Yes we have.

Come May, the number of points on the board will matter far more.

Right now, that's what we've got.

Wins against both Carlisle & Charlton and Pearson will have equalled Little's start in 91

Do you sit behind me in the ground lol??? F**king moan!!

They scored with 1 of there only attacks?

At no point in the game should we have been one nil down ?

We had and missed numerous chances ?

Even Lee Clark said 'it was like the Alamo' at times?

Joint top??

Get a life .......?

best start for 22 years ? we can only play better in your opinion . surely even you'll take that ? points in the bag aren't in question just the points we can take . no one knows how we will play tuesday and the following saturday so just take each game as it comes . at this moment in time you have no argument . man utd didnt play too well last season . they did ok tho . not saying we are man utd  , but to moan when unbeaten is a little bit silly . its as tho you've given up already ? 

Johnny cash.....get off your high horse, don't say you won't bite then react at anyone who disagrees. Did you or can you play the game, drinkwater, king, and James don't play the same way at all. Ideally you'd have gasgcoine, hoddle and Keane in there but this is the championship. 1-0 down to win 3-2 is a satisfactory CHAMPIONSHIP result, if your waiting for cultured flowing football AND results......find a new league and team coz it ain't gonna happen.

Drinkwater, James and King don't play the same game? What do they do differently then? Yes, I am genuinely wondering why we haven't signed Xavi and Iniesta. Clown.

Yes, at no point during that game should we have been one down... but we were. Why? Because in every game I have seen us play since P'boro (H) last season we have failed to put pressure on our opponents on the edge of our box. The amount of time they have on the ball in our half is amazing.

I am delighted with our league position and points tally at the moment. This time last season when we had lost 2(?) I was more optimistic for the season. Why? The way we were playing. It was a matter time until we clicked. This year it is a matter of time until we get spanked based on current performances. If you disagree with this then you can move on to the next thread because we will never agree.

I have been to every game this season and in my opinion that was the worst we have played. Versus Derby we were overrun in the second half. Versus a decent Leeds team we were average. Versus Boro we were fairly awful until we scored.

If we play rubbish and get 1-0's for the rest of the season, i'd be delighted but it wouldn't stop me from being concerned until promotion was secured because we look terrible atm.

Every team in every game has their chances so stop using that as a valid point that we're great and we have nothing to worry about.

I think it boils down to the validity of concerns. Having seen every game (bar the league cup) then I don't think yesterday's performance can be placed in the same category as the Boro, Leeds and Derby games which were tepid affairs.

I'm firmly in the performance over results camp and those first three games were certainly no grounds for optimism for me. Yesterdays game, whilst far from perfect, did show in patches that the midfield three are becoming more flexible. Sadly it also showed the significant decline in Chris Woods' performance and how reliant we are on Morgan for a modicum of composure.

It was telling (to me at least) that when callers were required to expand on what they felt was 'poor' or 'inadequate' about yesterdays performance they were unable to do so and just reverted to saying how bad it was without ever offering specifics.

I would normally agree performance over results, but I have got to the point that I just want to get out of this league, and if np is going to achieve it this way, so be it.

I didn't go boro or the cup game but have to agree with your opinions on the performance in all the others.

The performance yesterday once we got the goal was steady, but especially first half, for me, we gave away possession away very easy at times,looked to be off the pace a little, and look like we were going through the motions,and had little creative ideas, and began reverting to the long ball and long throws, again not all the time but for decent periods of time.

Before the goal nothing seemed to come off, and we look like a team struggling for confidence, and we seriously need to work at hitting the target as first half we weren't even just missing the target.

Then you mention Chris wood, we all know he is a good striker but is the shadow of the player we signed, looks so out if form and confidence, to the point were I think is he just doesn't suit leicester, it sometimes happens that a player doesn't suit a teams style, and for me he fits into this category.

Like I say I hope we get all the players up to speed, and hope we have a good season.

These are just my views.

Fantastic start to the season and credit where it's due.

Where we may have problems is where we always have problems. At some point we will get over-run in the midfield and be on the backfoot.

Pearson is addressing this though with the 5-3-2 and not before time.

There's very little to moan about at present.

Johnny I never commented on chances created so not sure about your valid point argument. As I said if your going to come on here moaning like a little girl about your team that's top of the league be prepared for people do disagree. Calling people Clown that have not agreed is an attitude that will certain save you money on dentist bills in the future my friend. My point was that king breaks down runs and ghosts in, James should hold and tackle and drinkwater should open up passes. This is a new formation so time will tell. Maybe they aren't doing these things at the moment but to sit and wait for it to go wrong and show your wisdom is always going to get some replies isn't it... No offence given or taken.

Archived