Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Our Problems

No you moron, I am looking at the performance, not the result.

Do some people here actually think we played well in the first half? Did you look at the Birmingham team, name more than three players. I am saying if we continue to play like this we will not be winning games, we have played 3 poor teams and one average/decent one in Leeds.

We should have been creating 10+ clear chances vs that Birmingham team not 2!

Another example of you just looking at the results..Im guessing they are poor because we beat them? but we draw Leeds so there average/decent? Absolute nonsense if ever I read anything..Middlesborough is a tough place to go, even if not the best team to win 2-1 from behind is a good result(Blackpool who are top drew there in their only dropped points..). Leeds are decent and they barely threatened us, we edged a shocker of a game.

Derby away is a hard game..they look decent this year and espeically at home can see them bieng difficult to beat, grace victory doesnt matter about the performance.

Yesterday on paper looked a given, but without our best CB Wes..it was made trickier espeically at the back(conceded 2 no coicidence?)..yet we come from behind remarkable and score 3 cracking finishes.

Easy to see Bham struggling near foot of the table and think 'must win, easy peasy' but anyone who knows anything about football would realise no matter how poor a team is at 1-0 down with 10 men behind the ball its hard to break a team down. So the fact we AGAIN came from behind and got the win, created 2 of the 3 goals(good sign but then have I ever doubted Lloyd Dyer like some morons on here?) is in my opinion a massive positive.

I wernt at the game yesterday but tbh from what Ive seen and read, im very happy with us so far this season. Dyer, Vardy and Pearson all proving everyone wrong..all 3 of which I always knew would.

On a side not: people saying Watford/Forest arnt very impressive need to re think. I am quite impressed with both watching this spectacle. Watford very technically gifted and will score goals for fun..Forest solid and have a goal threat..both will be at least top 6, maybe top 2.

Possibly the best summary of some fans' views I've ever seen on here. Brilliant stuff. You're dead right, too many fans look for what they want to see.

I would agree if this comment included all fans, not just the ones that don't think everything is rosy.

We all see the same game but we will all have our own perspective of the game, everybody see's it differently clearly.

Somebody pointed this out on the phone in post match believe it or not.

We win, and the team and Pearson doesn't get the credit they deserve.

We don't win, and everything is wrong in the world of leicester city and all the excuses that couldn't be used in the last game as we won, come to the surface.

Lose lose situation. Great way to build confidence and actually enjoy watching your team rather than thinking merhhhhhh 8-0 up but knockaert should be in the middle based on no evidence or football knowledge whatsoever!

With all due respect, Cardiff looked dreadful every time I saw them last season. Nevertheless, it's Cardiff City v Manchester City today, not Leicester City v Manchester City.

Why is this?

We played them off the park home and away, yet they took four points from us. 

They achieved this by being solid at the back, taking their chances when they arrived, playing to their strengths and riding their luck. They were rarely spectacular, few six goal hidings handed out by them, but they were effective.

Right now, we look and sound similar. There'll be games where everybody wonders how we came away with three points, but the fact will remain that the points are with us. 

Are we playing at our very best yet? It certainly doesn't sound like it. 

Have we made our best start to a Championship season in over 20 years? Yes we have.

Come May, the number of points on the board will matter far more. 

Right now, that's what we've got.

Johnny cash.....get off your high horse, don't say you won't bite then react at anyone who disagrees. Did you or can you play the game, drinkwater, king, and James don't play the same way at all. Ideally you'd have gasgcoine, hoddle and Keane in there but this is the championship. 1-0 down to win 3-2 is a satisfactory CHAMPIONSHIP result, if your waiting for cultured flowing football AND results......find a new league and team coz it ain't gonna happen.

We do have some embarrassing fans, We started the game well and then were hit with a sucker punch, much of our own making but it happened and we had to regain momentum which was tough. 

The first half wasn't brilliant but we created chances, second half we were much better and once we got the goal we settled down.

Have you read both the BBC and Skysports reports on the match? Are you a football journalist or a self proclaimed know it all? 

What we need to be concerned about is that we are not playing well, but gaining points, yes. That's fine, but still as far as I am concerned very worrying. We have basically the same players who played last season, and had plenty of time to gel. Other sides. including the relegated sides have sold and brought in new players, so it will take time for them to gel. When they do, enough of them should be well good enough to keep us out of the top six. Now is when we need to keep going, and hopefully can produce fine form and maintain it, but can we? Somehow I do not think so, looking at the quality other teams have within their ranks.

One thing is certain though. This is do or die for Pearson this season.No promotion and he will be sacked as a failure.

Let's all hope I am wrong.

What we need to be concerned about is that we are not playing well, but gaining points, yes. That's fine, but still as far as I am concerned very worrying. We have basically the same players who played last season, and had plenty of time to gel. Other sides. including the relegated sides have sold and brought in new players, so it will take time for them to gel. When they do, enough of them should be well good enough to keep us out of the top six. Now is when we need to keep going, and hopefully can produce fine form and maintain it, but can we? Somehow I do not think so, looking at the quality other teams have within their ranks.

One thing is certain though. This is do or die for Pearson this season.No promotion and he will be sacked as a failure.

Playing badly but still getting 10 points from 12 is concerning to you? You need your head checking.

Happy about the win yesturday, but it was beating probally one of the worste teams in the division, we would of lost if we played anyone half decent, yea fair enough we are 3rd and not lost, but every team we have played have been pretty shit, I just can't see the formation lasting

Playing badly but still getting 10 points from 12 is concerning to you? You need your head checking.

You mean the like last season with the relegated teams, Blackburn and Wolves with their supposed quality hmmmmm!!!

I could name lots of games of the past 3 seasons were we played brilliant football but didn't win. Which would you prefer?

Best start in 22 years and some idiots still moan, can't win! How about everyone actually backs their team, we do have a lot of confidence players get behind the lads!

I think alot of us that are concerned about is that the performances haven't been great against side which will finish around mid table, in that yes the results have been nearly perfect, but are concerned by the performance's because the inconsistent results cost us so dearly last season, and I can only speak for myself that I'm worried about another false dawn, do well then just struggle to get results.

I have my opinions but I am trying to look at both sides here, ok we are doing well at the minute results wise, and I would say we are all ecstatic about that, but the performance in getting these results haven't been that clever, and are a little concerning for me anyway, but yes we have the points in the bag.

Whilst we are getting these results, and as much as its hard to watch at times we cannot moan to much, but if they do not pick up the pace and find the perfect performance Nigel is looking for, we might not get these results, as I think ignoring the boro game as we deserved the result after a poor first half, the Leeds game we can all agree was shocking, derby was not a great performance and for a lucky own goal would have been another nil nil draw, and then yesterday we struggled to break down a very poor Birmingham side for the best part of 70 minutes, but on the postive side got there in the end.

So I share the concerns with those who have aired their concerns, but I tend to think along the lines of others that we have 10 points from 12 and enjoy the moment, and hope both the players and management have learnt the lesson from last season and after a good start, we can remain consistent and have a good season.

Again I have my doubts with having the same management and players as last season, but if they can keep up the results, my reservations are irrelevant.

Archived