Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Waghorn on loan

In response to Mark's post earlier...

No.

I would not split up the front two at present.

I'm of the school of thought that a 'strike partnership' is crucial to any success.

Fryatt and Howard for example, neither brilliant strikers in their own right, both looked better playing together. Their natural reading of each other's game kinda worked.

The same is true of Vardy and Nugent I think.

The best strikers have nearly always looked 'at their best' when paired up with another particular player.

Fowler and Owen

Shearer and Sutton

Heskey and Claridge

Etc etc....

All your examples include a player who is great at dropping a little deeper and holding the ball up, I like nuge and vards individually but unfortunately neither for me are the, Heskey, fowler, Sutton. Howard and fryatt were effective for the same reason all be it average players. I hope I'm wrong but I have a sneaky feeling that lack of goals from strikers this season could be our Achilles heel.

As many as Vardy now in a lot less games, same as preseason. Personally I think a 'match fit' Waggy is better than Vardy, that's why one was at a premier league club and one in the non league. Not knocking Vardy, great work rate, but does he have the class. If Waggy had been given the games Vardy had, would he have scored more?

In most countries thats actually considered an insult.

Archived