Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Waghorn on loan

They were singing 'he looks like a fish', and only booed to start.

They were singing that Sordell looks like a fish. They booed him on to the field. Then they booed Harriott when he got the ball.

Still you can understand why, because they all look the same.

Idiots.

lol

Looking forward to getting him back. Think he has been playing on the wing in a 3 but he's showing what a good player he is for the scum

Thought he's looked decent since being on loan at millwall, but the same as a lot of the fringe players at Leicester, they are not getting games and then people expect them to be up to speed.

The likes of waghorn, danns etc will always look of the pace without regular games, but sending these out on loan could work out if we pick up a few injuries during the winter months, at least we will have them match fit.

Thought he's looked decent since being on loan at millwall, but the same as a lot of the fringe players at Leicester, they are not getting games and then people expect them to be up to speed.

The likes of waghorn, danns etc will always look of the pace without regular games, but sending these out on loan could work out if we pick up a few injuries during the winter months, at least we will have them match fit.

I'd love a match fit and confident Waghorn in our team.

When on form, he's worth a place on the bench at least.

Defiantly down the pecking order now, but would still be a useful squad player, with wood injured and gtf not anywhere near match fit the striking options are limited if nugent or vardy get injured, injuries are inevitable during the long season, and with the clause in the loan he may have to come back in and do a job.

Defiantly down the pecking order now, but would still be a useful squad player, with wood injured and gtf not anywhere near match fit the striking options are limited if nugent or vardy get injured, injuries are inevitable during the long season, and with the clause in the loan he may have to come back in and do a job.

yeah thats true amd at least he'll have games under his belt if we need him

To me he is better than what he he has actually shown,Nigel Pearson has always said that he is the type of player that needs a arm around him

If things are not going right.

I hope he is not off loaded ,at some point i could see him and Vardy pulling the strings...they really would be a hand full

I see from watching the FLS that he's resumed his love affair with the goal frame.

If you got extra points for hitting the woodwork he'd have the Balon D'Or on his mantelpiece.

He is lowering his sights though,instead of the bar he is hitting the post.

It's not a seasons long loan is it? So Nigel's intention is possibly to bring him straight back into the side, depending on how well his loan goes. Waggy needed games and goals, he wasn't going to get that at lcfc as things are at the moment!

It's not a seasons long loan is it? So Nigel's intention is possibly to bring him straight back into the side, depending on how well his loan goes. Waggy needed games and goals, he wasn't going to get that at lcfc as things are at the moment!

Loans signed after the transfer window are rarely season long loans, as only emergency loans are allowed. At least this is my understanding, given that if its sucessful, i would expect an extension in jan.

As I said in another thread... Look at Millwall's turnaround since Waggy has gone there. Could be a coincidence but it looks to me like they now have a striker who can hold the ball up and play in the oncoming midfielders.

One of my old Uni mates, a Millwall season ticket holder, says that Waggy has made a big difference.

As I said in another thread... Look at Millwall's turnaround since Waggy has gone there. Could be a coincidence but it looks to me like they now have a striker who can hold the ball up and play in the oncoming midfielders.

One of my old Uni mates, a Millwall season ticket holder, says that Waggy has made a big difference.

He did the same for us last season (although we obviously weren't doing as badly as Millwall), but you were critical because he wasn't scoring goals. How is this spell at Millwall any different to his excellent run last year?

I don't get why people slag off Waggy! He's decent! Did anyone see the millwall v Leeds highlights over the week on the FL show? The man bossed that game! He's a talent and we're wasting him. imo

The thing is though we can't gamble on giving him game time when he's not performing if we have promotion goals. Someone in more need of him can because they haven't really got anything better whereas we risk carrying him until he finds some form.

It's not as easy as just playing him. We've tried that and he hasn't really produced.

He did the same for us last season (although we obviously weren't doing as badly as Millwall), but you were critical because he wasn't scoring goals. How is this spell at Millwall any different to his excellent run last year?

Last season I said that Waggy isn't a bad player and that he contributes to the team. However he isn't a 'natural finisher'. He's playing a similar role at Millwall apparently. Holding the ball up, contributing to the others, but not exactly prolific.

I felt we needed to be scoring more goals and Waggy doesn't do enough in that respect IMO. But he's not a bad player.

:thumbup:

Waghorn isn't crap at this level but until he can find composure in front of goal what's the point? I watched the FLS highlights and he looked decent but his finishing is worse than Jamie Vardy's and Vardy is currently much more threatening for us in our style of play.

Archived