Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Waghorn on loan

Two points:

Firstly, the whole Waghorn thing is strange. When he joined us on loan he could be brilliant. Strong, quick, and scored some good and very important goals. Do players with that much promise become poor so quickly? If so, why?

Secondly, I agree with the signing of Billy Sharp. He's a good, hardworking player with a good mentality I believe. I'd like him here.

This may sound very cynical, but do people think the whole transfer of him coming here may have got to his head a bit? When we had him on loan, he was a completely unheard of Sunderland youngster who had a lot to prove. After we've panic bought him on deadline day of summer 2010, do people think he'd seriously have the same hunger? He looks a different player.

It's best for him to move on now. If he was going to ever be a long-term success at Leicester it'd have happened by now.

Firstly a player doesn't just go bad, he is still a good player just has had lack of chances which is why a loan is perfect for him and his confidence, i'd love himto sign an extension on his contract though i dont think he will and also a good striker isn't just evaluated on goals, he gives 100% every game he plays and benefits us in other areas and assisting his partner striker.

They do actually, frequently.

I do think he offers something a bit different than the other strikers as unlike them he can actually do a job out wide and play up top on his own.

On a good day he's a really useful player, but his lack of goal scoring touch prevents him from being a regular.

I've always loved his attitude and it's a bit of a shame he's never made it here. He was in really good form until Wood, a goal scorer, replaced him last season.

I've nothing against Waggy, he's always given his all whilst at Leicester, but for whatever reason he's not really progressed since that first season. Perhaps had Nige stayed he may have developed as I feel under Sousa and then Sven he never really got a chance. Unfortunately, I can't see more than lower Championship football for Waggy and I'm sure the club may well run down his contract and release him in the Summer. I suppose the best we can hope is that he does ok at Millwall and they are desperate to keep him which means we maybe able to sell him in January for a reasonable fee, say £300000. Good luck to the lad and I hope it works out for him.

Incorrect Swiss Tony!  Under sousa he was played on the wing,  Sven Didn't give him a chance at all despite seeing him score a wonder goal when he was watching in the stands on his arrival.  Then suffering injury which kept him out, then coming back for a run off games holding the ball up for us, getting man of the match and hitting the woodwork 6 times,assisting 5 goals and scoring 3 goal with the majority of his appearances coming from the bench.  Also a clause in his deal from Sunderland isn't ideal during FFP! He is a quality player.  And my point will be proven during his time at Millwall.

Incorrect Swiss Tony!  Under sousa he was played on the wing,  Sven Didn't give him a chance at all despite seeing him score a wonder goal when he was watching in the stands on his arrival.  Then suffering injury which kept him out, then coming back for a run off games holding the ball up for us, getting man of the match and hitting the woodwork 6 times,assisting 5 goals and scoring 3 goal with the majority of his appearances coming from the bench.  Also a clause in his deal from Sunderland isn't ideal during FFP! He is a quality player.  And my point will be proven during his time at Millwall.

And I thought MarkW liked him.Get a cold shower.

Everything apart from putting the ball in the net.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you are not scoring as a striker as long as you compliment a strike partner in a team which is playing well and winning all of which he was doing before he got dropped for wood. Wood has actually said his favourite strike partner at the club is waggy which is no suprise.

Big shame if he goes

i didn't realize strikers were paid for hitting the woodwork. How come that stat isn't used by  every manager? Obviously the mark of quality ...

i didn't realize strikers were paid for hitting the woodwork. How come that stat isn't used by every manager? Obviously the mark of quality ...

Waggy, I assume, is like most strikers. He needs game time. Scoring goals, over time, becomes almost automatic when you are supplied with good quality supply and you play week-in, week-out. It's not surprising when Waggy does feature, he's not sharp (no pun intended). Has he gone to Millwall chaps? If not, he should do. Best thing for the player to be fair.

Waghorn will never ever score goals regularly. He cannot finish when he has time to think about it.

Great at set pieces, great effort but he's nowhere near good enough in terms of: scoring goals, first touch, in the air. Nothing against him, hopefully he will get a run of games at Milwall and sign there permanently,

Archived