Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Folk Music & Dancing

I came across this video from 1964. The event was held in the house of Bascomb Lamar Lundsford in South Turkey Creek near Leicester in North Carolina. He was a senator and folk music benefactor.

I have always liked bluegrass music and those that don't well this place aint for you. What I love is that time of innocence and fun from something so simple yet amazing difficult to do I imagine. The Blue Ridge Mountain Dancers as they were known continued for 40 odd years with youngsters joining as others fell by the wayside.

Love folk music of all different sorts. Have been twice to Ireland and hoped to catch a hooley or a céili, but this seem to be something that only happens artificially now, in the touristy areas for the benefit of foreigners, which really wasn't what I wanted to experience (so I didn't.) Sad really.

Archived