Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Best intro music at a gig

Sorry but Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz were fantastic albums. Before Muse because accessible pop rock for musically indifferent folk who only listen to the charts, they were an absolutely stonking band.

Very talented musicians, original, creative hard rock and terrific live shows.

in my opinion, and i am a huge MYOOZ fan, i would say Showbiz was bang average apart from 3 or maybe 4 tracks. (Cave, Showbiz, Falling Down and Sunburn). OoS is a great album but the pinnacle is the third "Absolution". I was just reading some facts on it earlier as it's been 10 years since it's release and i would say from start to finish its near on perfection. Stockholm Syndrome is a beast live. Ruled By Secrecy is a dark track but when that gets going its a belter and arguably Muses biggest hit in Time Is Running Out (the other being Super Massive Black Holes) is just insane. 

Admittedly their work somewhat declined. as an album Black Holes & Revelations isn't as strong but still has some great tracks. The Resistance gets weaker but yet again MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and the Exogenesis trio are just insane pieces of music in there own right. The 2nd Law goes off on a completely different level. Unsustainable is a bit too dubsteppy but still a great piece of music considering it's performed on guitars and drums no computers there (except the odd Bellamy KAOSS pad!) and Animals is a completely relevant track to this day and age talking about how bankers are greedy and will do anything to earn some extra dough.

sorry i have gone off on one but they are my favourite band and it's rare to find people on FT who agree! a lot of hate for them it seems on FT.

i also thought there intro at Wembley 2007 HAARP was decent. the apprentice theme tune (Dance of The Knights?!) as they walk on to the stage then slowly builds up into a riff from Close Encounters then BOOM it goes mental when Knights of Cydonia kicks in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgpeYEJfU8

also this from when they performed at the Ricoh.

i was stood about 5 rows from that little B Stage. first night of the stadium tour so nobody expected that fricking bomb to explode out of the stage. fantastic gig intro

I liked the chillis at hyde park with a slow version of Can't Stop that built up speed.

Also Space Oddity was played before U2 came out at Wembley a couple of years ago, the band came out one by one to breathe with Bono timing it perfect to get to the mic for his bit.

Archived