Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Best intro music at a gig

Muse, Reading festival 200... 2?

It pisses it down, it's dark, it's lit up. Muse come out and Matt Bellamy tinkles away at the intro to New Born

Rain stops.

Brilliant pause for effect, riff kicks in, enormous crowd goes MENTAL, huge clouds of steam come rising off the crowd, catching the spotlights. Phenomenal.

When the Pistols played Hyde Park they played all the shit music that was around at the time (Bay City Rollers, Osmonds, Wakeman etc) for half an hour before then came bursting through a backdrop. Made you appreciate what they achieved back in '76.

Muse, Reading festival 200... 2?

It pisses it down, it's dark, it's lit up. Muse come out and Matt Bellamy tinkles away at the intro to New Born

Rain stops.

Brilliant pause for effect, riff kicks in, enormous crowd goes MENTAL, huge clouds of steam come rising off the crowd, catching the spotlights. Phenomenal.

Pity such a shit band were playing though.

:ph34r:

Pity such a shit band were playing though.

:ph34r:

Sorry but Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz were fantastic albums. Before Muse because accessible pop rock for musically indifferent folk who only listen to the charts, they were an absolutely stonking band.

Very talented musicians, original, creative hard rock and terrific live shows.

Numan has done some crackers over the years but my favourite was No Shelter from the Fury Tour 85. With the light show in it's full glory it was absolutely chilling.

No actual footage of it but here's a link with footage cobbled together from the Call Out The Dogs video featuring the light show.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfRYi8lXgg

Nowadays, he often does longer intros with the band playing live over the top about half way through like Hybrid in this link.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rbg9yLh8m8

I thought they started with the first 3 tracks off Bossanova.  Cecilia Ann into Rock Music then into Velouria all without pausing.

But yeah amazing, I was knackered after 10 minutes.

Yup you're right, cos it was an instrumental.

Still to see anyone top the plane crash intro from The Wall gigs

Absolutely, but I never did get to see Roger live. I still love to watch the The Wall Concert in Berlin. Snowy White, The Band (part) and Van Morrison with comfortably numb

What's the point of going to a gig where you're so far away that you can only see the band on a screen?

Soulless.

You definitely wouldn't like that show since most of the time the band is on the other side of the wall :D

Archived