Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Best City signing

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best City signing

• Mustafa Izzet
    • Paul Dickov
    • Frank worthington
    • Steve Clarridge
    • Gary McCalister
    • Gerry taggart
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Maybury
    • Alan Birchenal
    • Steve Lynex
    • Robbie Savage
    • Steve Walsh
    • Alan smith
    • Keith weller
    • Mathew elliott

Izzet for me, never a better player BROUGHT to the club.

I remember all too well the infamous sheff utd game when we were playing only slightly better than last season. a small group of us stayed behind afterwards to ask questions, only for a few to be nominated speakers that prasied martin, amazingly.

We were losing 0-2 and martin brought on a slim midfielder, i remember the annoucement `mustafa izzet` WHO? was the silent cry, and the rest is pure history to cherish.

Izzet was the driving force and intelligence for us CREATING the ability to turn probable loses into draws and probable draws into wins.

The only time i was saddened, was when he left :(

I dont know how you can expect people to make choice over players who some who signed before many people were on here were born.

for me on that list Taggart! but there are so many more not on that list like Guppy. After all we are a team and one player doesnt make a team.

I'm post-1984 which limits my opinion a tad.

Gone for Walsh. Actually the least talented footballer on that list (except maybe for Savage), but for 100K from Wigan, the value for money and brilliant memories can't be measured.

I'll stick Tim Flowers in there and have sweet dreams about that squad winning the Prem tonight. ;):D

I dont know how you can expect people to make choice over players who some who signed before many people were on here were born.

for me on that list Taggart! but there are so many more not on that list like Guppy. After all we are a team and one player doesnt make a team.

150079[/snapback]

With a picture like yours, im suprised with that statement.

davieg is 57, Thracian is `of old age`.

can you honestly tell me guppy was as good as the list?

steve claridge, end of! after a poor start due to illness he finally got going and his goal got us to the prem (although garrry parkers freekick played a part) then a year or so later his goal won us a cup and got us into europe. it's just a he didn't continue the form the following season

steve claridge, end of! after a poor start due to illness he finally got going and his goal got us to the prem (although garrry parkers freekick played a part) then a year or so later his goal won us a cup and got us into europe. it's just a he didn't continue the form the following season

150174[/snapback]

David Gibson - by miles.

Just teasing, I know he wasn't on the list but he WAS City's best signing (for £25,000 or so as I recall).

I opted for Stevie the wonder just for what he achieved and the character he was. Having said that Frank Worthington was a centre-forward to behold and just the sort we need now to help fill the ground.

It has to be Lennon.

The loss of Lennon to Celtic was far greater than the loss of Muzzy to Birmingham.

On his day Lennon could've been ranked alongside Keane and Vieira.

Steve Walsh! He cost £100,000 and earnt us alot lot more than that. His goals at Wembley and his leadership under O'Neill has given me so many good memories, it's only recently as a fan that I haven't been blessed with success.

His goals against Derby put us in the big time and although we came straight back down, we then had the money from being in the premiership to buy some quality players to take us back up and the rest is history.

Walsh, you ****in legend.

I dont see Ian Ormondroyd in that list - get him added! ;o)

He was one hell of a lanky man!

I think personally Walsh - bargain buy, commitment, Derby play off goals, captain marvel, true grit, good spirit! Not afraid to get stuck in! Who can remember that 3-3 with Arsenal when Ian Wright started arguing at the end - Walsh had to be restrained" I think this was also covered on Football Focus Cult Heroes, showing Walshie saying time and time over ...

"Come on then Wrighty, you want some?!!"

True Legend!

With a picture like yours, im suprised with that statement.

davieg is 57, Thracian is `of old age`.

can you honestly tell me guppy was as good as the list?

150138[/snapback]

Go easy on that "old age" bit. I'd still fancy an hour or two with Michelle Wie, believe me. The problem is they're all one way feelings these days. :( Anyone got a mask and a big bucket of anti-wrinkle cream. :)

It has to be Lennon.

The loss of Lennon to Celtic was far greater than the loss of Muzzy to Birmingham.

On his day Lennon could've been ranked alongside Keane and Vieira.

150187[/snapback]

Most people said we wouldnt have gone up without muzzy, when he played, we played.

Where's Ooh Tommy Wright???? lol

Gary Mac for me, fantastic at Leicester. Gary Mac, Mark Draper and Muzzy are the best midfielders i've seen for Leicester in my lifetime...

150201[/snapback]

I only had 15 choices, he was 16th

Do a midfield version?

Go easy on that "old age" bit. I'd still fancy an hour or two with Michelle Wie, believe me. The problem is they're all one way feelings these days.  :(  Anyone got a mask and a big bucket of anti-wrinkle cream. :)

150257[/snapback]

Sorry :)

got a pic of michelle, dont know who she is.

Archived