Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Do we have pearson all wrong?

Best thing I've ever read on here.....England manager hahahahaha, i need to learn how to add things to the bottom of my quotes...

Please tell me this is supposed to be funny, he can't handle the egos of bog standard Championship players, I think he would explode in a room full of proper players

Glad to see you read my post:

I'm not saying he will go onto manage at the highest level but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him as England Manager.

1. I'm not saying that it will happen or might happen sometime soon but that down the line sometime he could be in contention for it. Mainly because of the way he remains very level-headed about things and the fact that he is rated extremely highly by the FA from his time working with the England Youth setup.

2. Look at the recent candidates/managers of England. Hodgson, Redknapp, Mclaren. They hardly went out and won loads of trophies in major leagues did they? What they did was consistently perform in their roles whether that be Manager or coaching. Granted Hodgson had some international experience but he was 15 years ahead of Nige so Pearson has a lot of time to reach that level.

3. The margins between the top and lower levels are much finer than you might think. Of course every now and then a Messi/Ronaldo comes along or managers like Clough/Mouriniho who are just that much better. But I know a Premier League manager who would tell you that there are players/coaches out there who had as much, if not more talent than some of those right at the top but it often comes down to luck or having the right mental attributes. Pearson definitely has the mentality for the top. Whether he achieves here or he becomes a failure then who knows.

4. Yeah I'll give you that about the ego's though. I mean there was... erm... oh no, wait there aren't any! You say what I put was laughable but not being able to handle ego's?! Like who? All the players with ego's he got rid of weren't good enough. Somebody like Knocky probably has a huge ego yet Pearson has handled him brilliantly.

Fair enough you may not agree with me but unfortunately, you're so blinded by pessimism and dislike for Pearson that you can't look past any other possibility than him being a failure. Like I said, its very unlikely Pearson will become anything more than a decent manager but there is still a realistic chance that he could be more.

Glad to see you read my post:

I'm not saying he will go onto manage at the highest level but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him as England Manager.

1. I'm not saying that it will happen or might happen sometime soon but that down the line sometime he could be in contention for it. Mainly because of the way he remains very level-headed about things and the fact that he is rated extremely highly by the FA from his time working with the England Youth setup.

2. Look at the recent candidates/managers of England. Hodgson, Redknapp, Mclaren. They hardly went out and won loads of trophies in major leagues did they? What they did was consistently perform in their roles whether that be Manager or coaching. Granted Hodgson had some international experience but he was 15 years ahead of Nige so Pearson has a lot of time to reach that level.

3. The margins between the top and lower levels are much finer than you might think. Of course every now and then a Messi/Ronaldo comes along or managers like Clough/Mouriniho who are just that much better. But I know a Premier League manager who would tell you that there are players/coaches out there who had as much, if not more talent than some of those right at the top but it often comes down to luck or having the right mental attributes. Pearson definitely has the mentality for the top. Whether he achieves here or he becomes a failure then who knows.

4. Yeah I'll give you that about the ego's though. I mean there was... erm... oh no, wait there aren't any! You say what I put was laughable but not being able to handle ego's?! Like who? All the players with ego's he got rid of weren't good enough. Somebody like Knocky probably has a huge ego yet Pearson has handled him brilliantly.

Fair enough you may not agree with me but unfortunately, you're so blinded by pessimism and dislike for Pearson that you can't look past any other possibility than him being a failure. Like I said, its very unlikely Pearson will become anything more than a decent manager but there is still a realistic chance that he could be more.

I think you may be blinded by your love of Pearson.

I don't understand why pearson is never linked with other jobs like Stoke or Sunderland. There must be something wrong with him if no premier league teams are ever interested in him!

Then thats a plus for me.

you would rather him and the team get unsettled every time a prem side sacks a manager.

Keep ya head down Nige and finish the job you started for us.

Fvck the prem nige unless your going with us.

Archived