Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Do we have pearson all wrong?

A lot of you on Foxestalk and on Radio Leicester phone ins, and some of the idiots who post on the Leicester Mercury bit may have judged him wrong, but most of the proper Leicester City supporters who I go home and away games with have never doubted him and have not once boo'd the team and neither have they ever called for NP to be sacked. 

Without sounding patronising, this is because most that wanted him out do not have a full understanding of the rules, how the game is played and what you have to sometimes do to win. This coupled with a lot of immature teenagers that throw their toys out of the pram when they dont get what they want is the reason behind this.

This is absolutely spot on.

A lot of you on Foxestalk and on Radio Leicester phone ins, and some of the idiots who post on the Leicester Mercury bit may have judged him wrong, but most of the proper Leicester City supporters who I go home and away games with have never doubted him and have not once boo'd the team and neither have they ever called for NP to be sacked. 

Without sounding patronising, this is because most that wanted him out do not have a full understanding of the rules, how the game is played and what you have to sometimes do to win. This coupled with a lot of immature teenagers that throw their toys out of the pram when they dont get what they want is the reason behind this. 

This is absolute sh1te.

No, the vast majority of people have always been behind him, they had him right.

Just because a few vocal idiots shout loudest (who seem to shout for every managers head whatever they do) doesn't mean they should be listened to.

Most people realised the financial situation, what had to done to the squad and what position we need to be in for FFP and realised that wasn't going to come easy.

I've said it before. If he gets us promoted this season he will win me over. If not, well, it's obvious he will have failed, after three years in charge.

I have to admit that things have been difficult for him, with financial restrictions in place, and he has done very well, thus far.

Last season we seemed to fall apart on the heavier pitches of wet winter weather, and I just pray this wont happen again,

We appear to have more spirit and confidence than was apparent last season, and we do need to maintain this throughout the season. If we can manage to do that, we can be serious contenders for promotion.

It's going to be a long hard road, but if we can do all of the above, then promotion will become realistic.

I am a critic of Pearson's but I really do hope he will win me over.

Let's do it, and prove me wrong Mr. P.

I agree with most that Pearson is doing a great job and I really like his managerial style (even his interviews), but let's get one thing straight - on his own he wouldn't be nearly as good.

Shakey seems to get on really well with all the players, and the pair of them (NP & CS) seem to be creating a really good squad mentality. They're getting rid of the deadwood (both ability & attitude) and every player at the club seems to enjoy working under them.

And then you've got Walsh as well, who has found us some absolute gems in the past. 

All of this while (especially this last year) not needing to spend obscene amounts. 

The three of them have done a brilliant job, and long may it continue.

I've said it before. If he gets us promoted this season he will win me over. If not, well, it's obvious he will have failed, after three years in charge.

Maybe in objective terms he would have.

But would people seriously want to get rid of Pearson if we finished 3rd this season with 75 points but lost in the playoffs?

I think that would be madness. We could find ourselves six months down the line in another Sousa situation at the bottom of the table having let go half of what was a very promising side. And this time we wouldn't be able to throw 27million in wages on the squad to get out of it.

He is the best manager since Martin O'Neill, in terms of success, he isn't everybody's cup of tea, but we have had consistent success with him in charge, and that's only a good thing.

When people moan and slag him off, I always think where would you rather be? Back in the Levein/Kelly/Megson days or now? 

Simple answer really.

Our time under Sven especially when he first joined was brilliant, but given a season all to himself he started to make massive fook ups.

Pearson has made some mistakes, but not overly massive one's, we should be thankful that he has started to change it up, and buys the correct players, unlike Sven. 

Always have stuck by him, and will continue to do so. 

Maybe in objective terms he would have.

But would people seriously want to get rid of Pearson if we finished 3rd this season with 75 points but lost in the playoffs?

I think that would be madness. We could find ourselves six months down the line in another Sousa situation at the bottom of the table having let go half of what was a very promising side. And this time we wouldn't be able to throw 27million in wages on the squad to get out of it.

It's a valid point you make, and I suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Near misses are pretty good, but but then how many near misses can a manager be allowed? We would almost certainly lose Kasper, Wes, and possible a couple of others if we fail to get promoted this season. That in itself would be a part of the failure.

At the end of the day it all is a matter of not what we, as supporters feel, but how the board will feel, and that is in the lap of the God's.

I really hope Mr.P.can do it this year, and with the reasons given in my post above, it is achievable.

Win me over Mr. manager.

It's a valid point you make, and I suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Near misses are pretty good, but but then how many near misses can a manager be allowed? We would almost certainly lose Kasper, Wes, and possible a couple of others if we fail to get promoted this season. That in itself would be a part of the failure.At the end of the day it all is a matter of not what we, as supporters feel, but how the board will feel, and that is in the lap of the God's.I really hope Mr.P.can do it this year, and with the reasons given in my post above, it is achievable.Win me over Mr. manager.

Would we really lose them if we came 3rd (on goal difference or a point off second) and then lost on penalties in the final of would they be spurned on to stay for a manager and club that had supported them. Who knows...

I think this season is a tough one (they always are) but I see this being like 2010/11 or 02/03 where the top 2 really break away and I really think QPR will be the team to beat (like Portsmouth under Harry) and hopefully with us second. Playoffs really are a lottery and to say he failed if we got there and lost again would be harsh. Thank God there is no Holloway (for the moment) in the league for us to play against in those games (if we get there).

Also for the record and this'll come as no shock, I am a staunch pro-Pearsonite. I like how this season he is much more relaxed and humorous in interviews and whether that is to wind up Stinger or because this season is all or nothing for him, I like it. He makes me chuckle with the way he dismisses stupid questions with put downs and some banter.

Get you.... I wish I had your understanding of the rules of football, it must be so much more rewarding when we are taking 6 points from 30 to know that your higher knowledge of football makes it all alright.

It's a valid point you make, and I suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Near misses are pretty good, but but then how many near misses can a manager be allowed? We would almost certainly lose Kasper, Wes, and possible a couple of others if we fail to get promoted this season. That in itself would be a part of the failure.At the end of the day it all is a matter of not what we, as supporters feel, but how the board will feel, and that is in the lap of the God's.I really hope Mr.P.can do it this year, and with the reasons given in my post above, it is achievable.Win me over Mr. manager.

With you all the way DT agree with this. I am pleased he too is proving me wrong this season and I want it to continue. It is still early days yet though? Let's see where we are around March time before we big up how well we are doing. He is not though the best manager apart from MON has to be Mickey Adams cos at least he got us promoted, with a transfer embargo to boot.

Get you.... I wish I had your understanding of the rules of football, it must be so much more rewarding when we are taking 6 points from 30 to know that your higher knowledge of football makes it all alright.

Ok, but you understand why we took 6 points from 30 right?

One of the big differences that I see with Pearson is that he actually has the potential to get better as a manager. Its not very often I look at a manager and see that they will get better as time goes on but I think this is the case with Nige. Obviously, he has some flaws and weaknesses but as people have said, he seems to be working on them and we're seeing signs of a much more flexible approach. Ulitmately, his core values/standards of being a good motivator, very level-headed and astute in the market give him the platform to really improve himself and as a team.

I'm not saying he will go onto manage at the highest level but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him as England Manager one day especially with his ties to the FA. For now though, its important that we apprecitate we have a manager who isn't going to get everything right but will provide us with stability and tangible improvement.

Very good manager and one who certain people do not like because of the way he comes across personality wise.

I always think you should look behind a personality or image and look at the actual results the person achieves.

1 - he took us up at first attempt

2- he took us to the play offs in the first attempt

The third achievement is much more difficult, that being to achieve promotion while having to slash your budget and manage high earners out. You have to have some balls to turn your back on what the fans see as massive signings (mills, Danns, Beckford) and try and create something with what is left.

Basically he has had to do much more with much less.

Last season he got us to the play offs whilst reducing the wage bill and staff.

This season he is doing more of the same whilst introducing experience to ensure the young team do not hit a brick wall like last January.

Those that look at his personality should take a more rounded approach and see what he is cut ally doing and with what.

Also anyone can point at mistakes, it's football and they will happen. He will also make the odd bad signing (oneill often did).

But in the round we are in a very good place squad wise and he has culled the squad.

Still work in progress, but an A star from me

One of the big differences that I see with Pearson is that he actually has the potential to get better as a manager. Its not very often I look at a manager and see that they will get better as time goes on but I think this is the case with Nige. Obviously, he has some flaws and weaknesses but as people have said, he seems to be working on them and we're seeing signs of a much more flexible approach. Ulitmately, his core values/standards of being a good motivator, very level-headed and astute in the market give him the platform to really improve himself and as a team.

I'm not saying he will go onto manage at the highest level but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him as England Manager one day especially with his ties to the FA. For now though, its important that we apprecitate we have a manager who isn't going to get everything right but will provide us with stability and tangible improvement.

Best thing I've ever read on here.....England manager hahahahaha, i need to learn how to add things to the bottom of my quotes...

Please tell me this is supposed to be funny, he can't handle the egos of bog standard Championship players, I think he would explode in a room full of proper players

It's a valid point you make, and I suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Near misses are pretty good, but but then how many near misses can a manager be allowed? We would almost certainly lose Kasper, Wes, and possible a couple of others if we fail to get promoted this season. That in itself would be a part of the failure.

At the end of the day it all is a matter of not what we, as supporters feel, but how the board will feel, and that is in the lap of the God's.

I would never judge a manager by what happens in the play offs, it is a lottery. Holloway isn't some inspired genius because he has got a couple of play off wins he's a lunatic that did one good job at Blackpool and then ruined Crystal Palace before being dragged out the shit by a £15million player in two games.

I'd judge them over a 46 game season and nothing else. If Nigel finished top six this season I would like to see him offered a new deal whatever happens in the 2 or 3 games after that.

If you keep finishing in the top six you'll get up eventually, we lost twice there with Brian Little at Wembley but we had patience with him and were rewarded the next season.

Doubts about him began to creep in from even me last year (I say 'even me' as a big Pearson fan) but he's winning me over again. We're efficient this season - we're winning games when playing well and we're winning games when we aren't playing well. 11 games in all competitions with 8 wins, two draws in games where we've been pretty even and hit the insite of the post, and one where we've thrown it away due to a bit of silly goalkeeping in the last minute, and a loss which I'll write off as awful, but it happens to any side - Cardiff lost there last year, conceding 5 in the process.

I've always rated his man management as exceptional. From an outsiders point of view, obviously, but have people seriously become so soft now that any criticism is taken as a negative? Look at the players he's got rid of in the last two years - can a single one of you seriously say that their form for their new club would get anywhere near our current team?

He sets out a precedent and it filters out the determined players from the less arsed players.

His football can be drab. Often resorts to hoofball and I still think we don't have a forward who's any good in the air, but we're far more organised this year. We're not making AS MANY stupid mistakes, and we're scoring when we're on top. There comes a point when you think that there's more to it than just luck, and we've hit that point for me.

I genuinely do think we're in with a shout of the automatics. We seem to have picked up a habit of winning in all kinds of circumstances, a habit of making the most of what we have and an excellent habit of scoring two goals in quick succession to turn a 0-1 deficit into a 2-1 lead - it's happened four times already this season and we're not even in October. That is pretty remarkable.

Don't forget all this has come with us having to sell to buy again.

Looking at our next five games, I honestly think we could come out of it top (with no pissing QPR games in hand either). Five games I'd go into hoping for and expecting three points. I appreciate we probably won't win all five, and that this league is as unpredictable as any, but we seem to have developed that knack of winning and that's what gets any side out of this league. It's proven year after year.

We were saying similar things early last season, but there really does seem to be a more positive air about the club this time. I'm delighted we've kept the bloke.

Once again, Always very level headed responses from you, you are welcome back to my threads ;)

Agree completely!!

He could keep us solid in the premiership IMO. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS 

All managers make mistakes - but Pearson has proved again this season that he learns from them.

We struggled at the back end of last year, probably due to a combination of no plan B and a lack of experience.

Np has always played 4-4-2, but it is a different 4-4-2 to most sides. It isn't rigid, it is always different and interchangeable. It never stays a

4-4-2.

This season, with the signings of hammond, GTF and the Pole i cannot see a lack of experience being a problem, even if none of them get playing time on the pitch.

Am i the only one much more confident now we have the likes of the pole and hammond even if they are not playing??

Archived