Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

should we strengthen in Jan?

Of course we should be, even the management would like to strengthen certain areas I'm sure, but whether we are able to is a different matter entirely.

This coming window is going to be an exceptionally complicated one. We have many players coming to the end of their contracts (some of them absolutely key players for us). We have to keep attempting to comply with FFP and again try and shift players we don't want.  We also have a manager coming to the end of his contract.

Pearson probably knows that he might not be here next year without a very good season (he's having that so far). It may even take promotion to extend his stay, with that in mind it could mean his attitude to peoples contracts running down is one of it's not my problem as I won't be here next year.  Which without promotion could seriously bugger us up for a few years. The positive spin on that is it might mean he doesn't become too cautious and goes all out on the field.

Personally I wouldn't gamble, £1 million+ is a lot of money, things have changed with FFP, if we need some quality to get us over the line we there are good loan options out there, such as Michael Keane last season, Yakubu, Spearing from previous seasons. We can get someone in, who we could sign should we get promoted, or send back if we don't without risking FFP penalties. 

Does anyone know if Shakey's mate at United left with Fergie? Hopefully NP or the DoF has learnt from the Kane loan last season not to put playing clauses in loan agreements, we don't want to be forced to play someone who is not required.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this was the case.

Archived