Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

should we strengthen in Jan?

There's no point getting in a permanent winger, unless he is good enough to play in the Premier League, that's our aim and if we are to strengthen in January, we need a player who is capable of playing in the Premier League. 

But like I said yesterday, a loan probably is our best bet. 

Someone like Albrighton, Ibe or Meade.

There's no point getting in a permanent winger, unless he is good enough to play in the Premier League, that's our aim and if we are to strengthen in January, we need a player who is capable of playing in the Premier League.

Spot on Kingy, but I don't know the players you on about. So what happened to the self imposed ban ?

Spot on Kingy, but I don't know the players you on about. So what happened to the self imposed ban ?

That thread was called pre match banter, until someone moaned and wanted it changed, but of course being the good fellow I am, I just had to continue it. 

Of permanent players I don't know, Chris Eagles maybe someone on that scale.

Paddy McCourt is a pub footballer that just happens to be able to dribble like Messi.

He's a bit rubbish, really. Was more of a cult hero at Celtic than an actual first team talent. Can't always judge a player by the chants sung about em. ;)

Not unless someone of serious ability was avaliable cheap.

Good solid squad at the minute and bringing in new faces can always cause disruption.

No idea what to say about people wanting to sell players and dismantle a first team that is second in the league.

I don't really agree KF.

You GET promotion, with your core squad of players capable of playing at that level, THEN you sign more players capable of playing at that level.

If we sign the correct winger (even on a permanent) who is 'the final piece of the jigsaw', that's good enough. There's 80 odd million reasons for why that's good enough.

Paddy McCourt is a pub footballer that just happens to be able to dribble like Messi.

He's a bit rubbish, really. Was more of a cult hero at Celtic than an actual first team talent. Can't always judge a player by the chants sung about em. ;)

Well being able to dribble like Messi is a pretty good skill to have and makes up for his other shortcomings! Just thought he is capable of turning games in a moment which is what you need in a winger. Plus he wouldn't cost much and he has some experience. If we're really in the promotion shake-up do we want to take them chance on players like Ibe? Undoubted talent but we need a bit more experience really. Albrighton would be a dream solution but can't see him or Zaha happening somehow.

I'd take Dale Jennings off Barnsley. He would be dynamite in a team that looks to play attacking, creative football rather than the try and stop a loss shite that they have been playing this season. Reckon we could get him pretty cheap too.

lol Couldn't even make it for Bayern Munich so what chance would he have here...

I don't really agree KF.

You GET promotion, with your core squad of players capable of playing at that level, THEN you sign more players capable of playing at that level.

If we sign the correct winger (even on a permanent) who is 'the final piece of the jigsaw', that's good enough. There's 80 odd million reasons for why that's good enough.

I just don't see the point of getting a winger, who doesn't have Premiership qualities. 

Say we get promoted, and he isn't Premier League standard, then there was no point in buying him. 

A winger would be the final piece of the jigsaw, but we only have two options out wide, and another strong signing would do the trick.

Signing someone on the cheap, just to be used as back up would just look pointless, unless it's a loan and he is only here until the end of the season.

I just don't see the point of getting a winger, who doesn't have Premiership qualities.

Say we get promoted, and he isn't Premier League standard, then there was no point in buying him.

A winger would be the final piece of the jigsaw, but we only have two options out wide, and another strong signing would do the trick.

Signing someone on the cheap, just to be used as back up would just look pointless, unless it's a loan and he is only here until the end of the season.

Let me give you an example.

I like and rate Chris Burke.

Say we bought him for £2 mill, he played well and helped us get promotion. Even if we had signed him on a 3 yr contract, so what? We'd continue to pay his wages, sign someone better, then use him in the Prem as a squad player.

80 million for 2 million (plus wages)......

You do the math...

lol

Say we bought him for £2 mill, he played well and helped us get promotion. Even if we had signed him on a 3 yr contract, so what? We'd continue to pay his wages, sign someone better, then use him in the Prem as a squad player.

You do the math...

lol

Too right. No point thinking about players for tge the prem until we're there. Good championship players should be decent prem squad players

You do the math...

lol

Wasn't any good at maths  :thumbup:

But get what your saying  :thumbup:

Archived